nova program on melting ice....

But TV is god remember! It's so full of facts ... did you know that you can hit people on the head without hurting them to?

Aaah ... ooohhh ... the god spoke and said people named Chris are morons to ...

Really, a TV show, as a source ... lame and ignorant. Again you environuts like to ignore 90% of science just so you can funnel more tax dollars into your greedy corporations, nothing more.

Aaah ... ooohhh ... the god spoke and said people named Chris are morons to ...

Really, a TV show, as a source ... lame and ignorant. Again you environuts like to ignore 90% of science just so you can funnel more tax dollars into your greedy corporations, nothing more.

Greedy corporations like the coal and oil industries.

Do a little reading about global warming deniers and the American Petroleum Institute.

Kitten, there are ample articles in peer reviewed journals such as Science, Nature, and journals dealing with geophysics on the melting of the ice. You are acting as a troll, contributing nothing at all to the conversation. With all that brain power you brag of, you could surely do better than that.

Studies have shown that primary ice shelf that show references to have broken off and reformed several times.

C'mon folks, as spectacular as shelving ice is to view, it is hardly proof of man-made global warming.

It is entertaining though...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_XEZ7EY8hU]YouTube - Al Gore's Traveling Global Warming Show[/ame]

It's on TV ... so it MUST be true!

all it was is a time lapse photograph study of a glacier that has retreated 10 miles in the last 30 years...and 1/2 mile each yaer know.......doesn't say why.....just amazing photography.....of icebergs and ice caves and "bottomless" pits.....

lots of other glaciers around the world are increasing their rate of retreat.....people are guessing as to why....doesn't change that it is happening....

hopefully it will get cold again and they will advance.....

It's on TV ... so it MUST be true!

all it was is a time lapse photograph study of a glacier that has retreated 10 miles in the last 30 years...and 1/2 mile each yaer know.......doesn't say why.....just amazing photography.....of icebergs and ice caves and "bottomless" pits.....

lots of other glaciers around the world are increasing their rate of retreat.....people are guessing as to why....doesn't change that it is happening....

hopefully it will get cold again and they will advance.....[/QUOTE]

Carefull...more water locked into ice might very well prove a bad thing for basic human needs across the globe.

It is the arrogance of the global warming community who sounds an alarm on a fabricated crisis when in fact the earth most likely knows better...

That being said, watching those HUGE chunks of ice shelve is an amazing thing - though I do recall watching a film of this back in the 70's when many were screaming over global cooling. Shelving ice can actually be a sign of a too-quickly growing glacier as well...

Environmentalism has become a new age religion with Al Gore as the high priest.
It is nothing more than a modern version of paganism.

No, science is about facts.

CO2 causes the earth to retain heat. This was proven experimentally in 1859. We have increased atmospheric CO2 by 40% in the last 200 years. These are the facts.

Attacking Al Gore has nothing to do with these facts.

I really feel sorry for you.

CO2 causes the earth to retain heat. This was proven experimentally in 1859. We have increased atmospheric CO2 by 40% in the last 200 years. These are the facts.

attacking al gore is fun.....

co2 is good for plants and helps shade the earth....

the ice is melting.....

doing things to reduce your carbon footprint or spew less shit into the air is a good thing.....

the ice is melting.....

doing things to reduce your carbon footprint or spew less shit into the air is a good thing.....

Yes Indeed!

the ice is melting.....

Yes Indeed!

google sonoma mountain village.....i was / am on the team helping to design it....

the ice is melting.....

Yes Indeed!

google sonoma mountain village.....i was / am on the team helping to design it....

I am very familiar with that concept - similar to Redmond Ridge in my neck of the woods.

And yet, the PNW enviromentalists continue to scream over Redmond Ridge, declaring it a lie and a sham - that it in fact is raping the environment, etc.

Are you having any similar complaints from environmentalists on your Sonoma Mountain Village project?

Yes Indeed!

I am very familiar with that concept - similar to Redmond Ridge in my neck of the woods.

And yet, the PNW enviromentalists continue to scream over Redmond Ridge, declaring it a lie and a sham - that it in fact is raping the environment, etc.

Are you having any similar complaints from environmentalists on your Sonoma Mountain Village project?

not any more.....it started that way but the world wildlife fund came in to back it as did the sierra club and all the rest so.....it is going well now...

redmond is very nice i designed two projects up that way years ago.....neither got built unfortunately....

Studies have shown that primary ice shelf that show references to have broken off and reformed several times.

C'mon folks, as spectacular as shelving ice is to view, it is hardly proof of man-made global warming.

It is entertaining though...

YouTube - Al Gore's Traveling Global Warming Show

No, it is not just an Ice Shelf, it is the whole damned Antarctic. And virtually all the mountain glaciers in every mountain range. And the ice in Greenland is also melting far faster than predicted in the worst case models.

Forum List

Back