Notre Dame has lost their idenity

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Because of stubbborn leaders

Had more success in both football and basketball as a full-fledged independent.

Then they did tis half-ass move joining the BigEast in all sports except football.

WHAT THEY SHOULD DO is join the freaking Big 10 IN ALL SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That conf has been begging them to join for years.

And with Penn States problems - this would be good time to join the Big 10.

I thoughtthat Notre Dame would maybe win 10 NCs in a row (a la John Wooden) under Lou Holtz - after they were so strongin the late 80s/early 90s under Lou Holtz - then they signed the NBC TV contract which wouldmake them even stronger.

Something went wrong -had only one dedcent team since then - the96 team -and thatwas so-so.

They need to get their act together - bolt the dying Big East - and join the Big 10, theBig 12 or maybe even the Pac 12 -as absurd as that may sound.

and i'm not surprised they went with the big east. They weren't
going to go to a conference they couldn't win, I mean where's the
fun in that? However, I've seen the land mine schedule they have and
on October 27th, the only thing they will leave Norman with is a nice check
from the athletic department, and a big RED boot print on their butts...

So much for ND's easy schedule - which they are bashed over - in 2012 - have to play Stanford (used to be a gimmie) Micjigan, Mich St USC - the service academies (always toough cookies) andnow I understand Oklahoma.

They have have a chance to win every game - orlose every game.

So much for ND's easy schedule - which they are bashed over - in 2012 - have to play Stanford (used to be a gimmie) Micjigan, Mich St USC - the service academies (always toough cookies) andnow I understand Oklahoma.

I suppose technically they have a chance to win every game. The opposing teams could develop paralysing stomach flu the day before the games.

But Mich, Mich St, and OK are gonna thrash ND. USC will be able to pull their starters out before halftime.

I thoughtthat Notre Dame would maybe win 10 NCs in a row (a la John Wooden) under Lou Holtz - after they were so strongin the late 80s/early 90s under Lou Holtz - then they signed the NBC TV contract which wouldmake them even stronger.

Something went wrong -had only one dedcent team since then - the96 team -and thatwas so-so.

They need to get their act together - bolt the dying Big East - and join the Big 10, theBig 12 or maybe even the Pac 12 -as absurd as that may sound.
They need more whores to recruit talent from the senior class.

I suppose technically they have a chance to win every game. The opposing teams could develop paralysing stomach flu the day before the games.

But Mich, Mich St, and OK are gonna thrash ND. USC will be able to pull their starters out before halftime.

Not so fast.

ND always has talent.

Just a matter of using it correctly.

They lost 58-7 to Miami in 1985 - but 3 years later under Lou Holtz they were 12-0 slam-dunk National Champions.

Beat #2 USC 27-10 in their place.

This season - they can easily beat the Mich schools - will probably be 2 TD underdogs to USC and OU.

ND OWNS bama

ND OWNS bama

Keep telling yourself that.
In the last 4 years Alabama has lost 4 regular season games. We are 48-6. And we have won 2 BCS Championships. In the same 4 years, ND is 29-22. Nobody owns us, gins. But if reading old history makes you feel better about a team that hasn't been ranked in the top 10 at the end of the season but twice in the last 20 years, go for it.

The last time Bama played Notre Dame was in 1987. So they haven't played in a quarter of a century. Yeah, the 6 games played between Bama and ND is relevant. :rolleyes:

New Topics

Forum List

Back