Notre Dame has a better offense than either Alabama or Georgia

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
the defenses are comparable.

ND offense struggled early in the season - but they gave found their stride.

They have a mobile playmaker QB in Everett Golson - who reminds me of Tony Rice.

They have a versitle playmaker at RB - Theo Riddick - who reminds me of Ricky Watters.

And speed in the backups in Cieere Wood and George Atkinson III.

Clutch possesion WRs like TJ Jones, Robbie Tomack, Goodman

They have Tyler Eiffert at TE - latestest in a long strong of great ND TEs,

They have a vetern OL line that has been together 3 years and opens up huge holes for the RBs.

They have a kicker who made 5 out of 6 FG against USC (shoulkd have been TDs)

They have an awesome front seven - and even the weak spot - the secondary - stayed with USCs superstars WR Lee and Woods

They have grinded it out in tought games

Lasy but not least - it is Brian Kelleys 3rd season at ND............ like it was Frank Leahys, Ara P, Dan Devine and Lou Holtz

Very confident whoever they play in the BCS title game ,

And the best thing is: they will probably be at lest a TD dog to the Bama - Georgia winner - which will give them even more motivation............................

Last edited:
the defenses are comparable.

ND offense struggled early in the season - but they gave found their stride.

They have a mobile playmaker QB in Everett Golson - who reminds me of Tony Rice.

They have a versitle playmaker at RB - Theo Riddick - who reminds me of Ricky Watters.

And speed in the backups in Cieere Wood and George Atkinson III.

Clutch possesion WRs like TJ Jones, Robbie Tomack, Goodman

They have Tyler Eiffert at TE - latestest in a long strong of great ND TEs,

They have a vetern OL line that has been together 3 years and opens up huge holes for the RBs.

They have a kicker who made 5 out of 6 FG against USC (shoulkd have been TDs)

They have an awesome front seven - and even the weak spot - the secondary - stayed with USCs superstars WR Lee and Woods

They have grinded it out in tought games

Lasy but not least - it is Brian Kelleys 3rd season at ND............ like it was Frank Leahys, Ara P, Dan Devine and Lou Holtz

Very confident whoever they play in the BCS title game ,

And the best thing is: they will probably be at lest a TD dog to the Bama - Georgia winner - which will give them even more motivation............................
Do you remember what Kelly did at Cinncinati?

Alabama is a plodding team.

Not the least bit scary. Im GLAD they get to play them instead of Oregon.

Only way ND loses to Bama is if they turn the ball over like they did in 2011.

They seem to have fixed that problem.

Exceptin the Pitt OT - when Wood fumbled the ball going in to the endzone - and all Pitt had to do was kick a FG. I was thinking - season over....

Fortunately - the Pitt kicker missed.................

Last edited:

Exceptin the Pitt OT - when Wood fumbled the ball going in to the endzone - and all Pitt had to do was kick a FG. I was thinking - season over....

There is only one team that both Bama and ND played. Bama scored 41 against Michigan and ND scored 13.

You can call Bama "plodding" if you want. Saban controls the game. ND will lose.

There is only one team that both Bama and ND played. Bama scored 41 against Michigan and ND scored 13.

Not afraid to play Oregon - they are a soft team who got exposed by Stanford at home. They play quick tempo gimicky-style football. Just think they would cause ND more problems thab bama .

You can call Bama "plodding" if you want. Saban controls the game. ND will lose.

Only thing about Bamas game that impresses me - and might give ND some trouble - is their running game and the OL.

The QB doesnt impress me. Can't throwall that great (mediocre at best) and is not a running threat or mobile. Their WRs don't impress me.. Their defense doesn't impress me.

They are a bunch of overachievers with Saban.

Last edited:

Not afraid to play Oregon - they are a soft team who got exposed by Stanford at home. They play quick tempo gimicky-style football. Just think they would cause ND more problems thab bama .

Only thing about Bamas game that impresses me - and might give ND some trouble - is their running game and the OL.

The QB doesnt impress me. Can't throwall that great (mediocre at best) and is not a running threat or mobile. Their WRs don't impress me.. Their defense doesn't impress me.

They are a bunch of overachievers with Saban.

Our QB does exactly what we ask of him. He makes the throws the defense gives him, manages the game, and doesn't screw up.

The WRs are decent, with the notable exception of Amari Cooper. Cooper has managed to take a reception from the hands of a few of the top secondary players in the SEC. Rewatch the GA game and watch him go over Rambo and take the ball away.

Forum List

Back