Noticing the race of kids

Youre assuming she thinks and feels like you. Does everyone in the world do things the way you do?
I'm not assuming she thinks like me because I'm a White man, not a White woman. I have absolutely no insight into her thinking.

My observation is based on certain obvious considerations -- such as the fact that this woman, even if she is from New York City or San Francisco, must have some awareness that there are White men who would wouldn't hesitate to kill her for such a provocatively brazen announcement.

Do you doubt that?

There was a time when that was true. Now, it is exceedingly rare for any of the nutcases to do anything but complain and give them the stinkeye.

There was a time when that was true. Now, it is exceedingly rare for any of the nutcases to do anything but complain and give them the stinkeye.
You might be right. But speaking from the perspective of the father of three daughters and grandfather of four lovely girls, I ask if you were (are) in the same position would you be comfortable with your own offspring wearing such a t-shirt -- even in today's relatively permissive and racially integrated social atmosphere?

Why tempt the devil?

You might be right. But speaking from the perspective of the father of three daughters and grandfather of four lovely girls, I ask if you were (are) in the same position would you be comfortable with your own offspring wearing such a t-shirt -- even in today's relatively permissive and racially integrated social atmosphere?

Why tempt the devil?

The real issue is not the danger from advertising the belief, but having that belief system in the first place.

Why tempt the devil?

I don't think my daughter would wear anything so tasteless (or as her Grandma used to say "tacky").

How do you think that woman would feel if she saw a man wearing a T-shirt implying that blondes are stupid?

Would anyone doubt that that man was being a rude asshole?
That is not an adequate analogy?

True. My point is that such a minor statement would be quite rude.

A more powerful statement, such as hers is even more so.

Youre assuming she thinks and feels like you. Does everyone in the world do things the way you do?
I'm not assuming she thinks like me because I'm a White man, not a White woman. I have absolutely no insight into her thinking.

My observation is based on certain obvious considerations -- such as the fact that this woman, even if she is from New York City or San Francisco, must have some awareness that there are White men who would wouldn't hesitate to kill her for such a provocatively brazen announcement.

Do you doubt that?

How do you think that woman would feel if she saw a man wearing a T-shirt implying that blondes are stupid?

This shows your insecurity. Where on her tee shirt does it say anything negative like your scenario saying blondes are stupid? It simply says she loves Black men. Why does this hurt you so?

Do you doubt that?

This shows your insecurity. Where on her tee shirt does it say anything negative like your scenario saying blondes are stupid? It simply says she loves Black men. Why does this hurt you so?

By stating that ONE group of men, she "loves" it implies that other groups of men are "not loved".

Insecure? HUrt?

I admit the opinion of attractive young women has impact on me.

Do you doubt that?
Why would that mean she was doing it to rub something in someones face? I sometimes wear a Warriors tee shirt. Does that mean I am rubbing something in the face of the fan of another team?

Do you doubt that?

By stating that ONE group of men, she "loves" it implies that other groups of men are "not loved".

Insecure? HUrt?

Why does it imply that? I think you are just sensitive. The only thing it implies is that she loves Black men best.

Do you doubt that?

Insecure? HUrt?

If you were looking for a quick one-nighter, sure. If I see that she loves black men tells me that I, as a man who is not black, would probably do well to look elsewhere. She saved some white boy the cost of a drink.

True. My point is that such a minor statement would be quite rude.

A more powerful statement, such as hers is even more so.
Absolutely right. Her statement is not only rude it is sufficient to provoke violence by certain extreme mentalities.
Whats rude about it and why would it provoke violence? Is this why white guys write manifestos and kill people even when the woman is not wearing a shirt like that?

The real issue is not the danger from advertising the belief, but having that belief system in the first place.
What belief system are you talking about?

Her belief system that black men are better for whatever use she has for them.

Belief system? Why not fantasy? If that is what gets her going, then her own imagination makes it better. No slam on anyone else.

Do you doubt that?

Insecure? HUrt?

Why does it imply that? I think you are just sensitive. The only thing it implies is that she loves Black men best.

It just does. YOu would understand if the shirt instead said something about "loving white men".

Forum List

Back