Notice the Real Trends in the Economy. Things are not improving.

The service sector is collapsing but the government is continually trying to cover it up. Even farms are letting land go idle because the government is forcing that on to them with grossly stupid bureaucratic policies that are forcing thousands into bankruptcy. What we are seeing is government at its worst.

I have and live on a farm. None of the farmers I know personally are doing this and I haven't heard of any farmers in my area doing this. I think this might be bullshit.

I live in California. The southern half of the Central Valley (the most productive farmland in the world) has been devastated because of federal policies that mandate to the state of California that water be cut back to the farmers. Just drive up Interstate highway 5 and look at all of the protest signs, "This Dust Bowl Era is brought to you by the US government." In towns in the Central Valley that used to have full employment the current unemployment rate is over fifty percent. If you have any friends in the area, ask them what is happening in California. They will tell you if for some reason you have been out of the loop. Sixty Minutes did a fantastic show on the total devastation that Federal Policy and other Federal Policies have done to this great farming country to make this Depression even worst than we could imagine. All the while, Obama is saying, "Depression, What Depression?"

Aren't there at least forty sides to the California water use/rights problem?
Ah hell, just blame it on the gubymnt.

Only 40 sides?

The west and it's endless water rights squabbles...
The growth should be limited to the available water for sustainability.

Last edited:
That's not what is happening. The Feds have been preventing water from being used for farms. The Central Valley is being "thirsted" to death.

And that is because there is not enough water to go around.

Or are they just doing it out of spite?

That's not true. Farmers have contracts for water that the Fed is not honoring - while it lets the water flow out towards the ocean in order to protect fish species that are of questionable value.

"Fish Species that are of Questionable Value?"

:eusa_eh:

Pretty Harsh Judgement from a Mermaid.

:confused:

Slowly but surely things are getting better. Couldn't get any worse. But things will never be good enough for Republicans. No matter how good, they will say things are bad.

But remember they said things were good, right before the last crash. They don't know shit. They are usually wrong. Cheney said we'd be in Iraq for 6 months.

They lie.

And the company I work for is benefitting from No Worker Left Behind, so Obama's stimulis is working too.

And GM and Chrysler were saved and the government got their money back, and then some.

Imagine unemployment and wages if we did what the GOP said we should do. Let them all just fail.

We'd all be killing ourselves in Honda's and Toyotas. HA!!!

Slowly but surely things are getting better. Couldn't get any worse.
HA!!!

Bobo, the economy is still crashing. it is not a Republican or Democrat thing, just a crash that has not been tempered with laws or government stimulus. Time to wake the fug up and realize that if we do not do something about the economic crash we are doomed. Playing political games does not solve the problem.

That's not what is happening. The Feds have been preventing water from being used for farms. The Central Valley is being "thirsted" to death.
Boedicca, if you are really a female I am in love with you (Well, at least your brain.) My wife (a damn good woman) would raise hell if she found out that I was in love with your person, so tell me that you are a man using a woman's name. Either that or we can be just good friends. You are educated and well spoken. I'd admire that in anybody.

And that is because there is not enough water to go around.

Or are they just doing it out of spite?

That's not true. Farmers have contracts for water that the Fed is not honoring - while it lets the water flow out towards the ocean in order to protect fish species that are of questionable value.

"Fish Species that are of Questionable Value?"

:eusa_eh:

Pretty Harsh Judgement from a Mermaid.

:confused:

Sampson, I am from the generation that thought that the words to the song that went, "Pave paradise, put up a parking lot." "Take all the Trees and put them in a tree museum," "Hey, it always seems to go that you do not know what you've got til it's gone." were the reality that we all needed to understand.

Perhaps we need to put some of these fish in a fish museum with running water?

Slowly but surely things are getting better. Couldn't get any worse.
HA!!!

Bobo, the economy is still crashing. it is not a Republican or Democrat thing, just a crash that has not been tempered with laws or government stimulus. Time to wake the fug up and realize that if we do not do something about the economic crash we are doomed. Playing political games does not solve the problem.

The GOP will fight us on the solutions. Here, I'll prove it.

Lets fix NAFTA and bring jobs back home. What do any Republicans on USMB say to that? What would the GOP in Washington say to that?

Tax breaks WHEN companies do something positive. Not in hopes that they do. Hire someone and in one year, you get a tax break. Obama proposed that.

No the economy is not as good as it needs to be. Stop fighting the solutions. Stop proposing your own because your party lost and you are not in power.

If the Dems lose, it won't be because they had bad policies. It'll be because they couldn't get their policies past.

Canadians pay $100 a month for healthcare and have full coverage. You do the math Einstein.

My dad is moving his business out of Ca. Shame cuz we're Ca born and bred, shame for his employees who will soon become statistics. But that's the cost of running a business in Ca today - he can run it equally well - and a damned sight more cost effectively - by shifting to another state. Where he will downsize and not employ so many.

The GOP will fight us on the solutions. Here, I'll prove it.

Lets fix NAFTA and bring jobs back home. What do any Republicans on USMB say to that? What would the GOP in Washington say to that?

Tax breaks WHEN companies do something positive. Not in hopes that they do. Hire someone and in one year, you get a tax break. Obama proposed that.

No the economy is not as good as it needs to be. Stop fighting the solutions. Stop proposing your own because your party lost and you are not in power.

If the Dems lose, it won't be because they had bad policies. It'll be because they couldn't get their policies past.

Canadians pay $100 a month for healthcare and have full coverage. You do the math Einstein.

Every thing you propose sucks & is stupid. My health care is better than Canada & it only cost $87 a month. So blow me.

Notice the Real Trends in the Economy. Things are not improvingbut they are collapsing.

Construction Spending
Jan -0.6%
Dec -1.2%

Pending Home Sales
Jan -7.6%

NEW HOME SALES
JAN 2010 309 K
DEC 2009 348 K
NOV 2009 370 K
OCT 2009 430 K

EXISTING HOMES SALES
JAN 2010 5.05 M
DEC 09 5.45 M
NOV 09 6.54 M

Durable Goods - Ex Transportation
Jan -0.6%

FHFA Housing Price Index
Dec -1.6%

Case-Shiller 20-city Index
Dec -3.08%

BUILDING PERMITS
JAN 2010 621K
DEC 2009 653 K

UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE CLAIMS (This is scary as Satan himself!)
3,100,000 in January 2010
2,500,000 in December 2009
2,300,000 in November 2009
2,200,000 in October 2009
2,000,000 in September 2009
2,000,000 in August 2009

DATE…..AUTO SALES……TRUCK SALES
JAN 2010…….3.80 M……. 4.40 M
DEC 2004…….5.90 M……. 8.70 M
DEC 2003…….5.80 M ……. 9.10 M
DEC 2002…….6.10 M ……. 8.70 M

RETAIL SALES Just flip flopping around like a fish out of water.
JAN 2010 +0.5%
DEC 2009 – 0.1%
NOV 2009 +1.3%
OCT 2009 +1.1%
SEP 2009 – 2.3 %

Neubarth engages in constant fear mongering - what I've referred to as the Henny Penny Polka.
The sky is not falling Neubarth, and many of us remember the words of Mark Twain: "There are liars, damn liars and statistics".
What is your agenda? Do you sell stocks short? Are you a member of AQ and believe the way to victory is to destroy our economy? What do you hope to accomplish if not to exacerbate the situation?

You are obviously insane. I can not exacerbate the situation posting on a small message board, but I can point out the truth to people who have been hearing nothing but outrageous lies from the present criminal administration.

I just point out what is actually happening. Obama and his crooks have a large part of the population bamboozled into believing that rapidly increasing unemployment, dropping millions and millions of people off of the work force to make it look like unemployment is steady state, Millions and millions of new people monthly filing new initial unemployment insurance claims, crashing house sales, crashing building permit numbers, crashing commercial real estate sales, newly vacant business buildings all across the nation, failing banks from coast to coast, Rising foreclosures and personal bankruptcies, crashing durable goods orders, ARE ALL A REALITY. You can pretend that it is not really happening, but I see in with my own eyes as I speak at various functions around the nation.

People are getting fed up with all of the lies and dishonesty being bandied forth by the Obama administration. Right now we are starting to see sporadic outbreaks and attacks against the symbols of the country. People flying airplanes into Federal Buildings and people committing suicide by cop at the Pentagon. More and more of these individuals who are "Fed up to here and just can't take it any more!" kill their selves and others as a way of demonstrating how fed up they are.

There IS NO IMPROVEMENT in the economy when "all the above" are happening, no matter how dumb and uneducated you are, you know it to be true. Obama can lie about it all he wants, the economy is still tanking.

As far as my being a member of Al Quaeda, I am a former military officer who made it my job to kill those crazy Radical Islamic sons of bitches. The only good member of Al Quaeda is a dead member.

So you respond with, (you) " must be insane" or at least "dumb and undeducated", in your rather disjointed rant filled with hyperbole and inconsistency. Amazing. You deny in one breath that you cannot "exacerbate the siutation on one little message board" then go to write, "I see in with my own eyes as I speak at various functions around the nation".
Which functions do you speak at? Are they dressy (are white sheets expected?) and who do you represent?
As "insane" and "dumb" as I am, I have had an epiphany, suddenly it's all clear to me. You're an agent provocateur of the RNC. That's it, isn't it. You're paid by the RNC to spread hate and fear.
On the other hand much of what you write might be fantasy, maybe you never served in the military or spoke before groups - in white sheets or not. Rather than being an agent provocateur you maybe a simple paranoid, or even a psychotic one. Who knows.

My HC insurance costs around 1,300/mo.

So, nearly $400 of your dollars each month go to help the family of the CEO of your health care provider. You should be proud, your $400 each month pays for the pool boy to keep the pool and spa fresh clean and healthy for his family and friends.

Last edited:

So, nearly $400 of your dollars each month go to help the family of the CEO of your health care provider. You should be proud, your $400 each month pays for the pool boy to keep the pool and spa fresh clean and healthy for his family and friends.

That is absolute Poppycock.

Health insurance companies operate on 2% profit margins. There is no way that CEO comp comprises 30%+ of revenue.

That is absolute Poppycock.

Health insurance companies operate on 2% profit margins. There is no way that CEO comp comprises 30%+ of revenue.

The salary paid is not profit. The salary is part of the 30% private insurance may use for salaries, advertising, and other overhead (like retreats to Hawaii for execs and Christmas parties, bonuses, private jets, etc).

Hi Neubarth:

Notice the Real Trends in the Economy. Things are not improving but they are collapsing ...

Regular markets expand and contract, but we are looking at a U.S. Economy that is definitely "IMPLODING" (my Topic) more and more with every passing day. The Obama Administration is doing everything to convince We The Sheeple that things are getting better through a myriad of deliberate LIES, but eventually the Stimulus/Bailout Bubble is going to BURST wide open.

In the old days, the stock market values pivoted back and forth with real estate values, as these two primary markets battled back and forth for a finite number of dollars from the U.S. Consumer. Stock Market values right now are artificially high right now, because the housing market has no bottom and home prices will continue to slide as the U.S. Consumer and Tax Bases continue to implode. You cannot allow 20 to 30 million Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals to continually 'displace' U.S. Workers from identities and JOBS without suffering the consequences of 'demand destruction,' as foreclosure/bankruptcy rates escalate with rising unemployment of U.S. Workers.

The Stock Markets are also overvalued today, because the U.S. Dollar is also imploding right along with the Euro; which means you need more dollars to buy the same stocks. Oil is not going up in price, but the value of your dollar is going down; which means you need more dollars to buy the same barrel of oil. The real unemployment rate in the USA is rising to about 20 percent, as more and more out-of-work Americans scurry around for fewer and fewer seats on the USA Titanic heading for the bottom of the ocean in an endless sea of DEBT that finds most States going broke from uncontrollable Tax Base Destruction.

ObamaCare and "Cap and Tax" and increased Banking Regulation will add to the 'cost' of doing business in America, which will send even more JOBS overseas to countries that do not force so much DEBT and NEW TAXES on their own businesses. Obama is driving the U.S. Economy into the ground and driving the U.S. Dollar into the ground and We The Sheeple are just watching the spectacle, while pretending that things are getting better ...

GL,

Terral

The salary paid is not profit. The salary is part of the 30% private insurance may use for salaries, advertising, and other overhead (like retreats to Hawaii for execs and Christmas parties, bonuses, private jets, etc).

I didn't say profit.

Revenue = 100%

Total Costs = 98%

Profit = 2%

The claim that 30 points of the 98 points of costs is for CEO pay is complete and utter nonsense. In any case, the portion of the cost structure allocated to employee comp and benefits is the business of the Shareholders.

I didn't say profit.

Revenue = 100%

Total Costs = 98%
%
Profit = 2%

The claim that 30 points of the 98 points of costs is for CEO pay is complete and utter nonsense. In any case, the portion of the cost structure allocated to employee comp and benefits is the business of the Shareholders.

I didn't claim 30% of the revenue went to CEO pay, I suggested 30% of USCitizens costs for health care went to the pool boy at his health insurance CEO's home. Of course that statement was hyperbole, but prove the $400 didn't go to the pool boy, or to someother unrelated to health care source.
I suggested 70% of USCitizens costs went directly to health care providers, and that 30% went to overhead for the insurance company. Overhead can be be many things, CEO bonuses, fancy hotels for conferences, corporate jets, hookers, err...hostesses for events, booze for lobbyists, etc. etc.
If there were a single payer system, there would be no need for many of these items, or for insurance sales, advertsing, lobbyists, etc.

Forum List

Back