Notice that the New Norm is 400,000 Unemployment Insurance Claims/Week?

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
It appears that we have a new normal for UI claims. We have been hovering above and below 400,000 a week for a long time now. It used to be around 330,000.

That adjustment upwards might be indicative of the Changing of the Work Force from manufacturing to service sector. Since most service sector work is not highly skilled ("Ya want fries with dat?") I expect that there is a higher turnover rate.

I'm 63 and know seven guys and gals in my age range who are working service sector (fries with dat) jobs. As they all keep on telling me, "Anything to get by!"

They never would have thought five years ago that they would be in the position they presently are in. From desk jobs to standing jobs (And they all tell me that they are in pain for most of their shift).

Is this the new NORMAL?

Not if we elect a republican in the WH next year. Don't mean to be smart alecky to the dems, but Obama's policies are just not cutting it.

Not if we elect a republican in the WH next year. Don't mean to be smart alecky to the dems, but Obama's policies are just not cutting it.

Not to discount what you say, because you are probably right, how will a Republican generate more of the old kind of jobs like working in a factory for 45 years and then retiring?

"...there's no possibility to restore 8 million jobs lost in the Great Recession." -- Joe Biden

"If you see it when you go to a bank you use the ATM, you don't go to a bank teller. Or you go to the airport and you use a kiosk instead of checking in at the gate..." Failed Leader Obama

LOL, like there is a difference? The only Republican on stage that is worth a shit is Ron Paul and bitchs find his policies "scary" because they don't fully fuck our country out of a meaningful future.

Ron Paul: “Get out of the Wars”

People: OMFG WHAT WOULD LIFE BE WITHOUT WARS, WE WOULD BE UNSAFE!”

Ron Paul: Audit the FED

People: OMFG WHAT IS THE FED! THAT”S SCARY TALK!

Ron Paul: Let people opt out of MC/MC/SS and pay out for the people who have paid in a lifetime.

People: OMFG HE WANTS US ALL TO STARVE EVEN THOUGH THESE PROGRAMS HAVE HELPED BANBKRUPT THE COUTRY ON THEIR OWN!

Forum List

Back