Notice How Obama Shied Away From Answering An Important Question About The Muslim Bro

Currently, this is really NOT our business and for our Head of State to express preferences one way or another is foolish at the least.

i agree. the people of egypt are going to choose the government they want - and not necessarily the one we want. and that's the way it should be. spreading 'mocracy and all that stuff i thought 'conservatives' were for.

anyhow, we simply need to be in a position to have healthy relations with the new government when the time comes. and that means not backing one horse over another when we don't know the outcome.

Thanks ogi and bode, it took until page 3 but eventually a few rational thoughts came out.

Too bad we know that won't be the case, the US will have a HUGE hand in who runs Egypt, just like we did when we spent billions of our taxdollars buying off Mubarak. Did we think he was going to torture our terror suspects for free?

In the end my guess is we'll just be replacing one disaster with another disaster, much to our dismay and the eventual dismay of Egyptians.

And as a sidenote those of you who treat Israel as your little brother you needn't worry, Israel still has hundreds of unmonitored and unchecked nukes and will continue to have billions and billions of US taxpayer dollars funneled into their government accounts.

In what universe does "I think the new government should be a representative government". means "I support the Muslim Brotherhood"?

Secret code that only the Right is privy to....;)

Being you have such vast knowledge concerning foreign affairs, detail if you will for us the Obama Administration's relationship with the Muslim Brotherhood beginning with Rashad Hussain.. THEN.. let's move on to Van Jones, Dalia Mogahed, hmm?

FIrst show us where: "I think the new government should be a representative government" equals "I support the Muslim Brotherhood"....because that is the comment I was replying to.

Then, maybe I'll address your blatant, not so clever attempt at deflection.

Allah is our objective. - The Prophet is our leader. - Qur'an is our law. - Jihad is our way. ...[/I]

Terrorist organization... there is no doubt... unless you choose to be blinded

i'm sure then that you can point me to all of the terrorist attacks carried out by the muslim brotherhood and in their name.

What do you think support of Jihad is, asswipe newbie??

2002: Suspected in suicide bombing in Grozny.
1979: Suspected in attacking Syrian military academy in Aleppo. 50 Syrian artillery cadets killed

Not all terrorist groups are as bold and brazen in their claims as others.... this is a group of radicals in support of the practice of Jihad.... any group in support of Jihad is a terrorist organization

Allah is our objective. - The Prophet is our leader. - Qur'an is our law. - Jihad is our way. ...[/I]

Terrorist organization... there is no doubt... unless you choose to be blinded

i'm sure then that you can point me to all of the terrorist attacks carried out by the muslim brotherhood and in their name.

1979: Suspected in attacking Syrian military academy in Aleppo. 50 Syrian artillery cadets killed

Not all terrorist groups are as bold and brazen in their claims as others.... this is a group of radicals in support of the practice of Jihad.... any group in support of Jihad is a terrorist organization

so... a couple of unsourced suspicions...

and you're working with a very limited and indeed ignorant definition of jihad.

Being you have such vast knowledge concerning foreign affairs, detail if you will for us the Obama Administration's relationship with the Muslim Brotherhood beginning with Rashad Hussain.. THEN.. let's move on to Van Jones, Dalia Mogahed, hmm?

FIrst show us where: "I think the new government should be a representative government" equals "I support the Muslim Brotherhood"....because that is the comment I was replying to.

Change your contact lens or go back and read my post. I said NOTHING of equating either. I'm simply trying to gauge your expertise in foreign affairs being you had two cents to add which basically does that nothing but throw a small rotten tomato. Not impressive.. I expected better actually.

Well yeah, Obama's trying to please the sheeples probably, right?

I don't know what to think of it all yet myself, need to do more research and I believe time will tell.

For anyone interested, here's the Muslim Brotherhoods website link in English:
Ikhwanweb :: The Muslim Brotherhood Official English Website

And also their Video Channel:
Ikwanweb Tube

Notice the first video says: "Why the West Needs Islam"

Ikwanweb Tube - Why the West Needs Islam - Yusuf Estes

The Muslim Brotherhood's English site is a bit different from their Arabic site.

They leave out alot of stuff in the their English site.

Thanks Mud. :) I do know that any Islamic organization who supports Sharia Law and states unequivocally that they demand war with Israel as well as shutting down the Suez Canal isn't pro-democracy and friendly to the West. The kool-aid slurpin lemmings who defend Al Baraqi no matter what the moron does own this one- through and through. They will go down as the Administration who lost Egypt, possibly Jordan and more to follow.

I read an article that Iran wanted Saudi Arabia. If Saudi is isolated by Egypt, Yemen, Iran, Tunisia, Syria, Lebenon, etc. Iran's puppets can blockade Saudi and install a puppet there also. WWIII is on its' way.

Tough talk and bluster didn't work so well the last Administration.

Yet the NeoCons and other far RW reactionaries want nothing but that.

Talk about slamming a hard head up against a wall.

Some people never learn.

*sigh*

How did Carter do with his appeasement policies?

The Muslim Brotherhood's English site is a bit different from their Arabic site.

They leave out alot of stuff in the their English site.

Thanks Mud. :) I do know that any Islamic organization who supports Sharia Law and states unequivocally that they demand war with Israel as well as shutting down the Suez Canal isn't pro-democracy and friendly to the West. The kool-aid slurpin lemmings who defend Al Baraqi no matter what the moron does own this one- through and through. They will go down as the Administration who lost Egypt, possibly Jordan and more to follow.

I read an article that Iran wanted Saudi Arabia. If Saudi is isolated by Egypt, Yemen, Iran, Tunisia, Syria, Lebenon, etc. Iran's puppets can blockade Saudi and install a puppet there also. WWIII is on its' way.

:lol:

Change your contact lens or go back and read my post. I said NOTHING of equating either. I'm simply trying to gauge your expertise in foreign affairs being you had two cents to add which basically does that nothing but throw a small rotten tomato. Not impressive.. I expected better actually.
Apparently you cannot address my twice stated question that I placed to another poster. This, of course, does NOT come to a surprise to me at all. I still await an answer. Or do you wish to indulge yourself with more deflecting?

Tough talk and bluster didn't work so well the last Administration.

Yet the NeoCons and other far RW reactionaries want nothing but that.

Talk about slamming a hard head up against a wall.

Some people never learn.

*sigh*

How did Carter do with his appeasement policies?

He had no appeasement policies.

Carter kept the hostages alive by promising military action if they were put on trial. They were about to release them when Reagan went behind Carter's back in a massive example of treason and made a deal with the enemy to hold US citizens until after the American Elections.

Carter also issued a wheat embargo against the Soviet Union that was partially responsible for the fall of the USSR.

Carter also appointed Paul Volcker, which in essense, saved the American economy.

That and taking on the oil companies made for one effective presidency. Carter's public relations, however, sucked.

I say let the gays run Egypt, at least that way they will make sure people are better dressed and the country gets cleaner, last time I stopped through there that place was a shit hole.

Bill O'Reilly asked Obama point blank, " But you don't want the Muslim Brotherhood, do you???"

Instead Obama dodged the question and said, "I think the new government should be a representative government".

That, in case you haven't been paying attention, means he supports the Muslim Brotherhood or at the very least doesn't care.

There were plenty of other answers to questions Obama gave that I had a problem with, but this one really stuck out.

Is there any question Obama is a closet Islamist?

His love for Islam is well documented. His disdain for Israel is as well. Wake up folks.

In what universe does "I think the new government should be a representative government". means "I support the Muslim Brotherhood"?

Nah, most of them are too ignorant to work the decoder ring. It's probably what elRushbo told them it meant.

"See, see, he is a secret Mooselim cause he wants the Muslim Brotherhood represented"

so you'd rather he take an adversarial role with a group that could at the very least have influence in egypt's new government?

does that sound like a smart idea?

No, the O.P is unclear on the concept of "Representative Democracy". It is NOT up the Government of The United States to decide what political parties in Egypt can and/or cannot run for office. The U.S. has no right, nor does it a purpose of right in attempting to decide who can and/or cannot run for public office in Egypt.

The only people who have a right to deicde what political parties in Egypt can and/or not participate in the Government of Egypt are in fact the People of Egypt. The United States cannot and should not interfer in that electoral process.

The United States has no right to assume a role that has not been asked for. The Muslim Brotherhood can, if allowed BY THE EGYPTIAN PEOPLE, participate in the new Government of Egypt. The Brotherhood is very much a minority party. The O.P. is fear mongering.

Mr. Obama gave the correct answer.

Last edited:

Apparently you cannot address my twice stated question that I placed to another poster. This, of course, does NOT come to a surprise to me at all. I still await an answer. Or do you wish to indulge yourself with more deflecting?

So in other words, you either:

A) Know ZERO about foreign affairs
B) Know but must protect DingleBarry at all costs
C) Can't read and have a tutor by your side. :razz:

The Obama Administration has consistently aligned itself with far left radicals from Van Jones to Mogahed who is an apologist for radical Islamists as well as the Muslim Brotherhood. Do you support Obama in his endeavor to APPOINT unconstitutional Czars, some of which have radical ties to terror? It's not a difficult question.. don't strain in answering it.

I say let the gays run Egypt, at least that way they will make sure people are better dressed and the country gets cleaner, last time I stopped through there that place was a shit hole.

LOL!! Made me laugh :)

Gays are known for being a clean peoples, if they ran Egypt the country would be full of dance clubs, flower gardens, new shopping centers and cinemas and the Muslim Brotherhood would run out of the country.:cool:

so... a couple of unsourced suspicions...

and you're working with a very limited and indeed ignorant definition of jihad.

A noun meaning struggle, where the modern interpretation of Jihad is holy war against non-believers... to spread the rule of Islam... the leadership of the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist group advocates (and it is stated) a violent and belligerent approach to Jihad.... they advocate terrorism...

It is ignorant to think that a group supporting modern Jihad and not the internal struggle mentioned by Mohammed, is something other than a terrorist organization

Bill O'Reilly asked Obama point blank, " But you don't want the Muslim Brotherhood, do you???"

Instead Obama dodged the question and said, "I think the new government should be a representative government".

That, in case you haven't been paying attention, means he supports the Muslim Brotherhood or at the very least doesn't care.

There were plenty of other answers to questions Obama gave that I had a problem with, but this one really stuck out.

Is there any question Obama is a closet Islamist?

His love for Islam is well documented. His disdain for Israel is as well. Wake up folks.

How did that "representative" government in Iran work? The "people" there also demonstrated, and removed the "corrupt" Shah. What did they get? Worse corruption that took its place that leaves most of the population "without representation". And when their people demonstrated against the government, recently, how did the government react? With arrests, crack-downs, imprisonment, human rights violations, etc, it is funny no one in the press will call Iran on "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. Is that your wish for Egypt?

How did that "representative" government in Iran work? The "people" there also demonstrated, and removed the "corrupt" Shah. What did they get? Worse corruption that took its place that leaves most of the population "without representation". And when their people demonstrated against the government, recently, how did the government react? With arrests, crack-downs, imprisonment, human rights violations, etc, it is funny no one in the press will call Iran on "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. Is that your wish for Egypt?

huh... so the only way to prevent egypt from falling under oppressive rule is to deny the egyptians what they want and prop up the current oppressive rulers? that about right?

Forum List

Back