Nothing's More Sickening Than a Race Bating Yankee

Agreed!

The Race Card has been waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over played.

Ain't gonna work this time.

Yankees always screw up.

"All y'all" is the proper grammatical phrase when addressing more than one individual. Heck I'm a Canuck and even I know that.

Well years in Tennessee taught me many unique phrases that my mother ( a lady who insisted on the Queen's English) would just lose it over.

"I'm fixin" drove her up the wall. Bless her soul. She never got the hang of all the colloquial terms I came to know and love. :D

Last edited:
Yankees always screw up.

"All y'all" is the proper grammar when addressing more than one individual. Heck I'm a Canuck and even I know that.

Well years in Tennessee taught me many unique phrases that my mother ( a lady who insisted on the Queen's English) would just lose it over.

"I'm fixin" drove her up the wall. Bless her soul. She never got the hang of all the colloquial terms I came to know and love. :D
Incorrect.

You is singular: You, tinydancer, are a numbskull

Y'all is plural: Y'all are being extremely partisan (Referring to a plural subset of a group, in this case Republicans)

All y'all is inclusive of the entire group: All y'all will argue about anything (Referring to the entire group of USMB posters)

Second-person singular usage

There is long-standing disagreement about whether y’all can have primarily singular reference. While y’all is generally held in the Southern United States to be usable only as the plural form of "you", a scant but vocal minority (for example, Eric Hyman,[4]) argues that the term can be used in the singular as well.

Adding confusion to this issue is that observers attempting to judge usage may witness a single person addressed as y’all if the speaker implies in the reference other persons not present: "Have y’all [you and others] had dinner yet?" (to which the answer would be, "Yes, we have et", by a single person acting as spokesman for the group.)

H. L. Mencken recognized that y’all or you-all will usually have a plural reference, but acknowledged singular reference use has been observed.

Y'all - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Southern colloquialisms I've found over many travels are very regional. There are differences.

When addressing a group, one can beg to differ, but I'd have run with all y'all.

All y’all

While y’all is actually a contraction of you all, it is most commonly used as a plural form of you. All y’all, all of y’all, or alls y’all clarifies that the entire group is meant, rather than an undefined subset thereof. Cf. we vs. we all, or they vs. they all.

Biden is a moron, is he saying the democrats are going to put us back in chains? They have a bad record on that.

And how many message boards have you been on seeing the mantra of the left posted over and over again on how Republicans use the "politics of fear"?

Meanwhile these idiotic leaders of theirs use the "politics of fear" on a continual basis. Seniors are going to starve. Ryan will push granny off the cliff. On and on they prattle but sure enough, the left will stick to their guns that conservatives are the extremists campaigning on the "fear" premise.

I live in TN and y'all can be singular or plural, although it's mostly plural, but I really couldnt care any less

Forum List

Back