Nothing to be concerned about no one is cowed into silance no one is afraid

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
of the threat of Islamic violence.

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Controversial Quran-burning Pastor Terry Jones was ordered taken to the Wayne County Jail after refusing to post a $1 peace bond. However, someone posted the bond on his behalf not long after he was taken into custody.

The development came after a jury found a proposed protest by Jones and his associate Wayne Sapp outside the Islamic Center of America, the largest mosque in the United States, was likely to breach the peace and incite violence.

The jury began debating the case at around 3:30 p.m. Thursday. The main issue of the one day trial was whether or not Jones's main purpose was to say or do something that would incite violence. They came back with their verdict shortly after 6:30 p.m.

Based on the decision Jones was required to submit a peace bond. The judge set the bond at $1. He also ordered that neither Jones nor his associate could enter the property of the Islamic Center of America or the area surrounding it for 3 years.

The judge then asked both men if they were prepared to post their bonds. Both men refused and were taken into custody. They were due to be taken to the Wayne County Jail until their bond was posted. It is not known who posted the bonds.

Pastor Terry Jones released from custody after his bond is posted

First Amendment – Establishment Clause, Free Exercise Clause; freedom of speech, of the press, and of assembly; right to petition
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It seems the people of Michigan have an incredibly low opinion of the Islamic community. :eusa_whistle:

Nice rundown by Hot Air's "Allahpundit"...

Detroit jury finds Terry Jones guilty of breach of peace for attempted protest outside Islamic center « Hot Air

In case you’re unclear on whom they expected violence from, a little clarity:

Dearborn Police Chief Ronald Haddad testified today that there have been at least four serious threats made against Jones from metro Detroiters, arguing that his protest could lead to violence if allowed…

Speaking at a McDonald’s restaurant down the street from the courthouse, Jones — who’s defending himself — said he thought the proceedings are going well. And he said the government’s case was weak.

As he spoke, someone drove down Michigan Avenue yelling “Get out of Dearborn, you terrorist!”

I’m dying to hear constitutional lawyers weigh in on this, especially given the case’s superficial resemblance to the famous Skokie ruling. A state can criminalize speech that incites a riot, but those laws typically apply to incidents where a speaker is urging people on his own side to engage in violence. In order to convict him, you need to prove that he intended violence — which was what the Detroit jury looked at here — and also that violence, based on the circumstances, was imminent and likely. But even if you can prove both elements, prosecutors are typically limited to trying people after the protest has actually happened; finding a breach of the peace before the protest has occurred is a totally new one on me.

Is Michigan no longer a part of the home of the brave? I'm inclined to think that is sadly the case.

I looked on youtube to see how to drape a sari. As I get older, the less I want to wear (it's really difficult to pull up capri leggings with arthritic hands), my boobs are beginning to not defy gravity but are too big to wear just a tshirt with no support, so a sari seemed like a good idea for this summer. Jibab? Over my dead body.

That is not a problem in Islam.

You do not have the courage to read and study what this means and speak your mind.
you will have doubts I will direct you to the scripture and explain why it doesnt fit in with (american Islam)

Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir
Commanding the Right & Forbidding the Wrong
Islam Question and Answer - Was Islam spread by the sword?

(american Islam)
Islam Question and Answer - Should he tell a non-Muslim all the details of Islam?

Do not watch this video it is bias
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEXWjlgJ83E]YouTube - WHAT ISLAM IS NOT[/ame]

A jibab represents to me "submission". Could be warped thinking on my part, but there it is. I would never wear one. Ever.

Dont worry no sharia law is coming , no special treatment is being given to Islam.
Just chill the hell out.

The terrorists are winning, they are slowly scaring us into forsaking first amendment rights...

While I don't agree with Mr. Jones's methods, he is fully within his rights as long as it's peaceful.

Sad day for American principle. If he goes through with exercising his rights anyway, then I have no choice but to call him a patriot for fighting for his rights.

Last edited:
The terrorists are winning, they are slowly scaring us into forsaking first amendment rights...

While I don't agree with Mr. Jones's methods, he is fully within his rights as long as it's peaceful.

Sad day for American principle. If he goes through with exercising his rights anyway, then I have no choice but to call him a patriot for fighting for his rights.

I agree with you to a point. But look at this...

1) Would we be willing to defend the rights of the KKK to hold a rally in the middle of compton? I believe the answer would be yes.

2) Would we expect there to be violence? I would say the answer is yes.

3) Would we then call the KKK patriots? I would say no. I would call them instigators who know exactly what they are doing, trying to incite violence to make themselves look better.

1) Would we be willing to defend the rights of the KKK to hold a rally in the middle of compton? I believe the answer would be yes.

3) Would we then call the KKK patriots? I would say no. I would call them instigators who know exactly what they are doing, trying to incite violence to make themselves look better.

If there is violence, then punish him then. I don't believe in this minority report type of premeditated punishment.

If there is violence, then punish him then. I don't believe in this minority report type of premeditated punishment.

Premeditated punishment is already here, look at our drunk driving laws along with seatbelt laws, and now the cell phone laws. I don't agree with premeditated punishment either, and when violence does break out he should have to call 911 just like everyone else. Not take the police with him...to provide protection just in case there is violence.

America: Free to be stupid.

Forum List

Back