Noted "cut and run" lefty liberal says we should close Guantanamo...today

DeadCanDance

May 29, 2007
Colin Powell says Guantanamo should be closed

Sun Jun 10, 10:51 AM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former U.S. Secretary of State
Colin Powell said on Sunday the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay for foreign terrorism suspects should be immediately closed and its inmates moved to the United States.....

"Guantanamo has become a major, major problem ... in the way the world perceives America and if it were up to me I would close Guantanamo not tomorrow but this afternoon ... and I would not let any of those people go. I would simply move them to the United States and put them into our federal legal system," Powell told NBC's Meet the Press.

"Essentially, we have shaken the belief the world had in America's justice system by keeping a place like Guantanamo open and creating things like the military commission. We don't need it and it is causing us far more damage than any good we get for it," he added.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070610/pl_nm/usa_powell_dc_1

Colin Powell said on Sunday the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay for foreign terrorism suspects should be immediately closed and its inmates moved to the United States.....

"Guantanamo has become a major, major problem ... in the way the world perceives America and if it were up to me I would close Guantanamo not tomorrow but this afternoon ... and I would not let any of those people go. I would simply move them to the United States and put them into our federal legal system," Powell told NBC's Meet the Press.

"Essentially, we have shaken the belief the world had in America's justice system by keeping a place like Guantanamo open and creating things like the military commission. We don't need it and it is causing us far more damage than any good we get for it," he added.

Now what would that cheese eatin' surrender monkey know about th' war on terrruh?

Aside from being one of the principle apologists, at the time, for the invasion and occupation of Iraq...plenty. He was, after all, our Secretary of State, until he got his walking papers from Shrub. And, as Chairman of the JCS under Poppy Bush, was instrumental in the pursuit of the first Gulf War.

He's also right in this matter. The very existence of the GITMO detention center is an affront to the Constitution, our Founding Fathers and every American who has died to preserve and protect this nation...a nation of laws. Laws which this President and his administration, apparently, feel don't apply to them.

Now what would that cheese eatin' surrender monkey know about th' war on terrruh?

Aside from being one of the principle apologists, at the time, for the invasion and occupation of Iraq...plenty. He was, after all, our Secretary of State, until he got his walking papers from Shrub. And, as Chairman of the JCS under Poppy Bush, was instrumental in the pursuit of the first Gulf War.

He's also right in this matter. The very existence of the GITMO detention center is an affront to the Constitution, our Founding Fathers and every American who has died to preserve and protect this nation...a nation of laws. Laws which this President and his administration, apparently, feel don't apply to them.

More appeasement from the left

Attachments

• $2006-08-22.png
    $2006-08-22.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 90

You do not give a rats ass about the Constitution. Show me where in the document Abortion is again.

I think guantanamo should NOT be closed. We need terrorists would want to blow up our soldiers and kill us, locked up.

I dont care what terrorists, and people who are sympathetic to terrorists in the muslim world think about guantanamo.

We cant do things to make people like us, we must do the right thing, although defining what is the right thing, is a healthy debate.

I think guantanamo should NOT be closed. We need terrorists would want to blow up our soldiers and kill us, locked up.

I dont care what terrorists, and people who are sympathetic to terrorists in the muslim world think about guantanamo.

We cant do things to make people like us, we must do the right thing, although defining what is the right thing, is a healthy debate.

"I think guantanamo should NOT be closed. We need terrorists would want to blow up our soldiers and kill us, locked up."

We can do that through the american justice system and the federal courts. They can rot in a federal penetentiary.

Every terrorist the Clinton adminstration (and I'm assuming Poppy Bush, too) brought to justice in our court systems, were succesfully prosecuted, convicted and are now rotting in jail. So, where's the problem?

Move them to the US so they can immediately hire soul-less lawyers and hide behind the very law they wish to destroy?

It only causes us damage because of the continuing spew of propaganda from the left.

Move them to the US so they can immediately hire soul-less lawyers and hide behind the very law they wish to destroy?

It only causes us damage because of the continuing spew of propaganda from the left.

Actually if I'm reading this right, it pertains to US citizens, which I've always thought could be a problem at Gitmo.

soul-less lawyers? because they believe in the protections guaranteed by the Constitution?

The only reason to keep people clandestinely and without accountability is to treat them in a fashion impermissible under our laws.

If they're criminals, charge them and try them. If not, they should be let go.

Gitmo is a blot on our national reputation.

soul-less lawyers? because they believe in the protections guaranteed by the Constitution?

The only reason to keep people clandestinely and without accountability is to treat them in a fashion impermissible under our laws.

"Soul-less" lawyers is in reference to those who don't give-a-damn about protections guarateed by the Constitution. That would imply believing in doing what's right. Defending the indefensible for money and notoriety is counter to that.

The reason to keep them there is so they are NOT allowed to hide behind the very law they wish to destroy. And treat them in a fashion impermissable under our laws? They're treated better than most incarcerated criminals in the US, and a sight better than most prisons around the world. Or should I remind you everytime our people are taken prisoner we get them back dead?

GITMO is keeping terrorists from killing people - where is the problem?

Kewl explanation of nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are so many being killed? Is it us, them or the aliens?

How many are dying at GITMO?

They are gaining weight, their food is flown in, blessed by a cleric, they have their prayer mats, and a Koran.

They never had it so damn good

Forum List

Back