Not Welcome...

Wow, the hate in this thread is unbelievable. One of the posters suggested that all Muslims be quarantined to the Middle East. I hope this is not a serious sentiment, because it reeks of jingoism and hatred of other cultures and belief systems that are different from your own. I am an atheist, so do you think I should be quarantined as well? While I do agree that Islam in general has a greater tendency towards intolerance than other religions, most Muslims are peaceful and most Muslims condemn the actions of extremists like Bin Laden. And the simple fact of the matter is that the right of Muslims to build a mosque and practice their religion is protected by the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution, the same amendment that allows the KKK and the Westboro Baptist church to preach their messages of hate. Now if you're in favor of abolishing the 1st Amendment, then you are beyond help.

Another poster states that allowing Muslims to build a mosque is insulting to the memory of the 911 victims. What about the many 911 victims who were Muslim (and I'm not talking about the hijackers, I'm talking about American citizens who practiced Islam)? Wouldn't it be insulting to their memory to disallow the construction of a mosque? Oh I forgot, you only care about the white, Christian victims of 911. Is this really the true sentiment of a large portion of this country? That's downright scary if it is...

1. The links that I provided sure did show how much Muslims don't tolerate others!
2. So you are saying that the mosque should be built anyway because of the small >5% minority, spitting in everyone elses faces? Why do you think everyone outside of islam HATES islam? not just christians, but EVERYONE?

New Topics

Forum List

Back