not understanding the voter ID issue...

However difficult to imagine, there are people who have no driver’s license, they obviously do not drive, they rely on public transportation, family, friends.

But that’s not the issue.

The issue is there is no evidence that ‘fraud’ via ID is of such a scale as to have altered the outcome of any election, consequently there is nothing to justify an ID requirement; indeed, research has determined that ‘fraud’ via ID is virtually non-existent:

There is one reason to oppose ID when casting a vote for leaders, the desire to engage in fraud.

There is no other rational objection.

We require ID to buy liquor, to rent a video, to use a credit card, to buy a gun, to drive a car, to buy a house, to get a job, to get welfare, to use foodstamps, to get a fishing license.

But to use ID in voting, you say will "disenfranchise."

Bullshit - you fear it will disenfranchise fraud.

I see voter fraud is a serious problem, and lots of people realize it. But I also think people should organize and fight it, not just complain about it, people living in swing states could go to voting places and stay there the whole day and watch and tell the authorities about possible frauds. Just an idea but I think that would help.

Say, how about we finger print every voter that shows up to vote. Interim solution? How about we each sponsor a bum and donate the $10 they are too stoopid or lazy to scratch up every few years?

I am going to guess that there are no primary or general elections in which at least one contest is not decided by a handful of votes. Probably a number of contests are decided by fewer than a few hundred votes. That is the case for at least one candidate in virtually every election in New Mexico. And yes, voter fraud is a problem here, most especially in very close contests. But you have to look below the headlines to know that it exists.

I am convinced that voter fraud is far more widespread than the leftwing blogs, message boards, and/or media will acknowledge. But even if it isn't, if Voter ID can help ensure that even one election is not stolen via fraudulent means, it is worth doing. At the very least, it underscores the solemn responsibility and privilege that it is to live in a free country and that it is worth preserving by keeping the systems honest.

Some folks here have spelled it out how very difficult life must be for anybody who can't identify themselves. Those unable to do so are not likely to vote if the system was wide open. Those unable to do so are certainly not anybody receiving any form of city, county, state, or government benefits because such benefits all require positive I.D. So if you are concerned that somebody cannot obtain a positive ID, I would recommend doing the right thing and helping them out. A photo ID costs so very little.

And then let's keep the system honest by presenting a photo ID to show that the name we will sign at the polls is our legal name.

Here is all you need to know about Voter ID laws

FactCheck.org : ACORN Accusations
^In 5 years there have only been 70 countrs of voter frad

OpEdNews - Article Missing
^in 2008 5 million voters showd up the polls but could nto vote because they lacked the proper ID

Brad Friedman: Republican voter ID laws disenfranchise Americans | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
^Around 21 million Americans or 17% of the people who voted in 2008 do not currently contain the type of photo ID that Republicans want to have required to vote.

Nebraska Dems cry foul over Douglas County changes
^NE republicans close half of the polling locations in democrat areas.
^They also knowingly sent on over 2,000 voting cards to democrats giving them the wrong voting location

First - please try to avoid partisan tripe when replying, I am looking for honest answers here..

So with the voter ID issue, its being claimed that poor/miniorities will be "disenfranchised" and prevented from voting since they some how get through life without an ID...

First off, how do you get through life without a driver's license --- driving, getting services many places, buying alcohol, etc all require it.

Also, people are comparing it to a poll tax as you have to pay for the ID, but honestly the IDs are under $10 and if you are so poor you cant afford $10 every 4 years to renew a license then you likely are on government subsidised living, which requires ID to get the associated service.

I honestly just don't understand the oppisition.

O.K., looks at it this way:

For most people there are only three authoritive ID documents. Your birth Certificate, your Drivers license and your passport. The birth certificate is the most authoritive, since it's used to get the other two. However, it is not a photo ID.

Well, if a person does not travel abroad, they most likely would not have a passport. Poor people generally can't afford to travel abroad, so usually they (and a lot of other people do not have passport).

Now, that leaves a driver's license. But what if they don't drive?

Most people that live in cities do not drive. They take public transportation. Poor people simply cannot afford a car. Even if you can afford a car, a lot of people who live in cities prefer not to own one.

So there are millions of people in the U.S. that are valid voters, but do not have authoritive photo IDs. It just so happens that by a quirk of demographics a large majority of these people tend to vote liberal.

So requiring photo IDs would most likely affect the elections adversely for the Democrats.

Now, the remaining question is:

Can we MANDATE that a person have a photo ID in order to exercise their right to vote?

I think that the courts would decide that the right to vote is one of the most sacred rights of the American people and should not require a prerequiste mandate.

That

I think that the courts would decide that the right to vote is one of the most sacred rights of the American people and should not require a prerequiste mandate.

ha ha ha ha haha ha ha you know how stoopid that sounds . . . in so far as we ARE talking about insuring just THAT: the AMERICAN PEOPLE vote!

You say no "prerequisite" yet you just specified ONE: AMERICAN. So, which is it?

Gawd, LOL, what it must be like living in a confused brain, ha haha it burns, :tongue: .

Last edited:
So there are millions of people in the U.S. that are valid voters, but do not have authoritive photo IDs

Why would someone who's willing to go stand in line and vote not be willing to stand in line for a free ID first?

Honestly, it's because Democcrats depend on illegal voters. You can't cash a check without ID. You can't get on a plane without ID. You can't drive a car without ID. You can't enroll your kid in school without ID. There are very, very few people who do not have ID. The reason the left gets all bent out of shape over requiring ID to vote is because they fear losing votes of people gaming the system.

You can't reserve a hotel room, rent a car, get a passport, open a bank account, get Medicare or Medicaid, collect Social Security or unemployment without ID.

The only really important things you can do without an ID is vote for a dead guy, vote for someone who doesn't know you, vote over and over again, and, did I mention, vote in a state where you neither live nor work. And remember, "Vote Early and vote Often."

Would it appear disenfranchising or racist if I set up a FREE fried chicken stand (form one line please, ha) on election day? I bet folks would get ID if I also offered free Kools and malt liquor to those that can prove they are 18 and over.

Voter ID laws are being put on the books around the country, in states with Republican administrations, for just one purpose. They are there to discourage the poor and otherwise disadvantaged from voting, to make it harder to them to have their voice in society. This is being done despite the fact that there have been fewer cases of voter fraud at the polling place in this country in the last decade than there have been cases of Jay-walking. The reason this is being done by Republicans is that they clearly understand that those people who are least able to obtain the proscribed ID are the most likely to vote for Democrats.

If the Republican have their way we will all end up as feudal peasants, it is the GOP dream; a very few of them lording over the vast majority of us.

Bullshit. The poor need ID to get Welfare and any other handout they get from we the taxpayer. They certainly don't have a problem coming up with ID to get more from the taxpayers of this country. No hardship there.

Voter ID is a sound idea that should have been instituted across this country decades ago.

If you can't see that then your an idiot in my book.

Rules & regulations: SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS! I knew of a disabled woman, MY MOTHER, who had no photo ID, and a friend with a suspended license. WHY should VOTING be a task? Those masses of illegal voters exist only in the minds of those who want to suppress our foremost right, the RIGHT to vote.

Then why haven't you taken her down to the DMV to get a photo ID? It costs a few bucks, and then she has it. A photo ID does not have to be a driver's license. Or if you aren't willing to do that for her, I know at least a half dozen organization who would buy it for her just so that she would be eligible to vote. If she is too disabled to do that, then she is likely too disabled to go vote either so the issue is MOOT. Agreed? Unless you want to be able to go vote for her which you probably could do if you aren't required to show I.D.

Nobody can do much of anything in this country anymore without some means of identifying ourselves and proving we are who we are. Those incapable of identifying themselves are almost certainly not citizens of the USA and/or are people with the mental capacity to vote.

Of course there are folks who want such people to have EVERY opportunity to vote as that is the only way they can hope to be elected or re-elected to office.

She is deceased, DMV did not offer photo ID at the time of her death, except for DL's. MY VALID DL was rejected in 2002. Again, where is this mass of voter fraud? The problem is too many choose NOT to vote, not too many people voting.

Ask Truthdoesntmatter. She claims it's the only way Republicans can win an election.

However difficult to imagine, there are people who have no driver’s license, they obviously do not drive, they rely on public transportation, family, friends.

But that’s not the issue.

The issue is there is no evidence that ‘fraud’ via ID is of such a scale as to have altered the outcome of any election, consequently there is nothing to justify an ID requirement; indeed, research has determined that ‘fraud’ via ID is virtually non-existent:

There is one reason to oppose ID when casting a vote for leaders, the desire to engage in fraud.

There is no other rational objection.

We require ID to buy liquor, to rent a video, to use a credit card, to buy a gun, to drive a car, to buy a house, to get a job, to get welfare, to use foodstamps, to get a fishing license.

But to use ID in voting, you say will "disenfranchise."

Bullshit - you fear it will disenfranchise fraud.

Truth :thup:

First - please try to avoid partisan tripe when replying, I am looking for honest answers here..

So with the voter ID issue, its being claimed that poor/miniorities will be "disenfranchised" and prevented from voting since they some how get through life without an ID...

First off, how do you get through life without a driver's license --- driving, getting services many places, buying alcohol, etc all require it.

Also, people are comparing it to a poll tax as you have to pay for the ID, but honestly the IDs are under $10 and if you are so poor you cant afford $10 every 4 years to renew a license then you likely are on government subsidised living, which requires ID to get the associated service.

For most people there are only three authoritive ID documents. Your birth Certificate, your Drivers license and your passport. The birth certificate is the most authoritive, since it's used to get the other two. However, it is not a photo ID.

Well, if a person does not travel abroad, they most likely would not have a passport. Poor people generally can't afford to travel abroad, so usually they (and a lot of other people do not have passport).

Most people that live in cities do not drive. They take public transportation. Poor people simply cannot afford a car. Even if you can afford a car, a lot of people who live in cities prefer not to own one.

So there are millions of people in the U.S. that are valid voters, but do not have authoritive photo IDs. It just so happens that by a quirk of demographics a large majority of these people tend to vote liberal.

So requiring photo IDs would most likely affect the elections adversely for the Democrats.

Can we MANDATE that a person have a photo ID in order to exercise their right to vote?

That

First, people in cities drive. I live in OKC and the population of the metro area is 1.2 million people. I don't know anyone who doesn't drive. I don't know anyone that uses the empty mass transportation buses I see on the road. Keep in mind that places like New York City and Chicago are the excception, NOT The rule.

Second, state issued ID's are easy and cheap to obtain. If you plan on functioning in modern society, you can't get along with out one. Oklahoma Identification Card

Third, what "right" to vote? You are aware that there is no constitutional right to vote don't you? Voter rights come from the states and other than not being able to violate your civil rights, a state can set the conditions of who can vote however they desire. At the outset of this nation, you had to be a landowner to vote. But what do liberals do when states try to set voter requirements.....like proving you are who you claim you are.......they sic the federal government on them for disenfrachising the poor and blacks. Bullshit.

How can they not have an ID? Good question. Let us say that the person in question is a destitute single parent, make it a woman. Now let's put her downtown in a big city, one with a crummy public transportation system. So she hasn't got any money, hasn't got a car, and if there was a bus she couldn't afford to pay a babysitter while she took the half a day to go get the ID - whioch is what it would take at a minumum if public transportation has to be involved. Then let the state's DMV handle the ID issuing and put all of the DMV offices way out in the suburbs. In fact while you are at it close a couple of them, and concentrate the closings in areas that are heavily populated by Democrats. That is how its being done right this minute in Wisconsin. So now you know.

This assumes the kid is not old enough to be in school or that the parent can't get their kid babysat for a single day (or half day) by a family member or friend.

And if the single mom is that poor, is she really not on some sort of government assisstance (which requires ID)? If she isn't then she had to have an ID to get a job-- unless she makes all her money under the table?

Asking democrats not to engage in fraud in an election is like asking a Marine not to use his rifle in a war.

Voter ID takes away the main weapon of the democrats, fraud.

Funny you would use that comparison. This regime has already made a point of requiring Marines to lay aside their arms during this war. I have yet to experience this regime demanding that voter fraud be brought under control.

I don't understand it either. If you are born here, you have a birth certificate. If you came here later, in which I did, and if you become a citizen ( you have to be a citizen to vote) then you can vote. When you become a citizen you receive a certificate of naturalization and you can use that to get a passport for example. If you have a driver's license that is ID too, and in cases where you don't have a driver's license you can get some other photo ID. You know I am happy to show ID when voting, because it ensures a fair process. So if people are here illegally then of course they should not be voting and for some on the left to make it an issue, that is nonsense.

:)

Last edited:

That

First, people in cities drive. I live in OKC and the population of the metro area is 1.2 million people. I don't know anyone who doesn't drive. I don't know anyone that uses the empty mass transportation buses I see on the road. Keep in mind that places like New York City and Chicago are the excception, NOT The rule.

Second, state issued ID's are easy and cheap to obtain. If you plan on functioning in modern society, you can't get along with out one. Oklahoma Identification Card

Third, what "right" to vote? You are aware that there is no constitutional right to vote don't you? Voter rights come from the states and other than not being able to violate your civil rights, a state can set the conditions of who can vote however they desire. At the outset of this nation, you had to be a landowner to vote. But what do liberals do when states try to set voter requirements.....like proving you are who you claim you are.......they sic the federal government on them for disenfrachising the poor and blacks. Bullshit.

Another fine example of how the liberals/progressives use blacks as shills for their shyster politics. I wonder why so many blacks are satisfied being tools?

The only people who I can think of who would have a problem with an ID on voting day are illegals and the homeless. Illegals shouldn't be voting and the homeless probably are not inclined to vote unless they are prompted by incentive and "well wishers." A drink, cigarettes or a ten spot just may help. Just let them know what dead person they are. Voting ID's just may curb those well wishers from contributing to that fraud.

Forum List

Back