not Trumps America!: Passengers rejoice when man accused of racism is kicked off flight

Trump is against Pakistanis? Sounds like the passengers shouting not Trump's America are bigots too. They should have been removed for equality purposes.

Democratic underground? LMAO They make the Onion look like the return of Jesus Christ.

Trump is against Pakistanis? Sounds like the passengers shouting not Trump's America are bigots too. They should have been removed for equality purposes.

get used to these stories pilgrim, many more to come

tough shit
Agreed.

Now It’s Okay to Punch Nazis and White Male Libertarians. That Escalated Quickly.
Slippery slopes: sometimes real.

Now It’s Okay to Punch Nazis and White Male Libertarians. That Escalated Quickly.

So how's that for goal-post shifting? First, we decide it's okay to attack Nazis. Then we decide it's okay to punch people who aren't Nazis but are awful and sort of remind us of Nazis. Then it becomes okay to punch the people who say Nazis and Milo are bad but we shouldn't punch them. You know those slippery-slope arguments people are always rolling their eyes at? Well, there's the slippery slope for you. And we'll be normalizing a whole lot of violence as we slide.

Meanwhile, the shut down of Yiannopoulos at Berkeley was so wildly successful that conservative students have been cowed into silence. Just kidding: They're actually bringing Milo back to campus, and Alex Jones.

Punch.png

tough shit
Agreed.

So how's that for goal-post shifting? First, we decide it's okay to attack Nazis. Then we decide it's okay to punch people who aren't Nazis but are awful and sort of remind us of Nazis. Then it becomes okay to punch the people who say Nazis and Milo are bad but we shouldn't punch them. You know those slippery-slope arguments people are always rolling their eyes at? Well, there's the slippery slope for you. And we'll be normalizing a whole lot of violence as we slide.

Meanwhile, the shut down of Yiannopoulos at Berkeley was so wildly successful that conservative students have been cowed into silence. Just kidding: They're actually bringing Milo back to campus, and Alex Jones.

Punch.png
Are you sure Milo's still on, post pedophilia flap?

No one is really going to learn a lesson until we put a chute on them and set them free at 10,000 feet. Talk about liberating...

tough shit
Agreed.

Punch.png

Did you hear about the Bill Maher video...where Bill Maher actually defends pedophilia.......will he lose his show?

tough shit
Agreed.

Punch.png
I don't know, nor do I care much.

What I do know, is that there is an agenda. It's all political, on both sides.

tough shit
Agreed.

Punch.png

Did you hear about the Bill Maher video...where Bill Maher actually defends pedophilia.......will he lose his show?
Milo resigned; he wasn't fired. But I don't get HBO and have never seen Bill Maher, so I don't care if he does.

tough shit
Agreed.

Punch.png

He went too far, but so has everyone's reaction. The CPAC thing was definitely politically driven. Getting extremists out of the Republican party wouldn't hurt anything though. As it wouldn't hurt to get them out of the Democratic party. IMO.

tough shit
Agreed.

Punch.png

He went too far, but so has everyone's reaction. The CPAC thing was definitely politically driven. Getting extremists out of the Republican party wouldn't hurt anything though. As it wouldn't hurt to get them out of the Democratic party. IMO.

I watched the original video, and I can see where you are coming from, and on the one hand I agree, on the other hand, I'm not sure he can even be objective, as those experiences made him who he is. It sounds like he believes he was consenting, and his home life was so terrible and unstable, that he needed that relationship. It sounds as if he believes he was mature enough, both physically, emotionally, and mentally, to handle that sort of relationship. Are we, as society, the ones to judge to say he wasn't? :dunno: I can't say.

He has repeatedly said that he believes pedophilia is abhorrent and objectionable, and he should have used the term, "young men" instead of "boys" when referring to cross generational relationships. Other than that, I'm not sure there is a lot else that could be done for his case. Most liberals would agree with his POV. Parents and conservatives would probably think he just needs to see a shrink.

tough shit
Agreed.

Punch.png

Milo resigned; he wasn't fired. But I don't get HBO and have never seen Bill Maher, so I don't care if he does.
The point is, it is okay when media stars of the left make comments and have opinions that are controversial, but it's not okay when other folks go off the reservation. This is about destroying people based on opinions.

Bill said that people in their mid teens had agency, Milo said that same thing. Bill still has a career, Milo doesn't. That is the point.

And Bill said this WAY BACK when he was on ABC.

New Topics

Forum List

Back