Not truly qualified as a pet, however

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
A wildcat or not, Lynx are fantastic cats and I can only imagine what it must be to be an owner of one.

Meet Max, a Canada Lynx...

He has the exact same kind of purr as our housecats do.

Even My Smalls won't get that large! What a good looking cat he is though.

Very beautiful indeed........I just don't think wild animals should become pets for a humans ego

Very beautiful indeed........I just don't think wild animals should become pets for a humans ego
I agree, but Max had health issues and would not have survived. I'm conflicted on the notion of doing what is right and letting nature take its course. When we can, should we intervene?

I agree, but Max had health issues and would not have survived. I'm conflicted on the notion of doing what is right and letting nature take its course. When we can, should we intervene?

of course we should! :thup:

By all means we should help if needed, but in such a way the animal doesn't become dependent on humans and will be released back into the wild as soon as reasonably possible.

Sorry I didn't actually watch either video and only went by your comments & thread title.....my bad

I agree with JustAnotherNut, but wow is it ever beautiful!! The music in the 1st video got to me. It was sad and beautiful too.

Did they know of health issues when they got him?

By all means we should help if needed, but in such a way the animal doesn't become dependent on humans and will be released back into the wild as soon as reasonably possible.

Sorry I didn't actually watch either video and only went by your comments & thread title.....my bad
Max has an enzyme issue that will kill him if he isn't cared for by humans. He had it from birth and would have likely not survived beyond a year. I get what you're saying. If we want the species to remain strong, then only those who can survive. However, that is why I'm not a conservationist. Particularly with cats. lol

Max has an enzyme issue that will kill him if he isn't cared for by humans. He had it from birth and would have likely not survived beyond a year. I get what you're saying. If we want the species to remain strong, then only those who can survive. However, that is why I'm not a conservationist. Particularly with cats. lol

Then I take it, that he'd have to rely on human intervention for his whole life?? Then that's a whole nother ball of wax.

I fully understand and is why I could never work in such an environment.......for animals or humans, cause I'd always want to take them home with me

A wildcat or not, Lynx are fantastic cats and I can only imagine what it must be to be an owner of one.

If I rub my cat's face like that, he can do a little of damage just getting him worked up in a playful mood. That woman may not have a hand today.

If I rub my cat's face like that, he can do a little of damage just getting him worked up in a playful mood. That woman may not have a hand today.

:D

Forum List

Back