Not to de-labor the point, but....

the kill shot-

But the real threat behind all this was that the new law ended automatic government collection of union dues. That was the unexpressed and politically inexpressible issue. Without the thumb of the state tilting the scale by coerced collection, union membership became truly voluntary. Result? Newly freed members rushed for the exits. In less than one year, AFSCME, the second largest public-sector union in Wisconsin, has lost more than 50 percent of its membership.

a powerful point, they cannot even keep their members once the gov. stopped being their accountant and check writer. I saw a figure btw of over 60% of all unions membership has stopped paying dues.

"They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind. The stalk has no head; it will produce no flour."

I loved his phraseology here:

In July and August 2011, they ran recall elections of state senators, needing three to reclaim Democratic — i.e., union — control. They failed. (The likely flipping of one Senate seat to the Democrats on June 5 is insignificant. The Senate is not in session and won’t be until after yet another round of elections in November.)

And then, Tuesday, their Waterloo. Walker defeated their gubernatorial candidate by a wider margin than he had two years ago.

Forum List

Back