Not that I agree with the premise in the title of the article...

DiamondDave

Army Vet
Jun 30, 2008
MD, on the Potomac River
Algae may be secret weapon in climate change war
Algae may be secret weapon in climate change war - Yahoo! News

But should be some news to put the alarmists down a gear...

However.. one thing about the article that I don't like is where they state
"And while no one has found a way to mass produce cheap fuel from algae yet, the race is on."

The research and the technology is there... just too many alarmists are still scared by diesel...
Solazyme's algae diesel ready to hit the road | Green Tech - CNET News
Just one quick link on algae-diesel

I have been a strong proponent of algae diesel since I had my first diesel car in 1999 and I stated looking into things such as 'greasel' and biodiesel

Anyway... this could have gone under either environment or energy... but since the article revolved around the environmental stuff and I just added the thoughts on algae energy... I put it here

enjoy

Algae may be secret weapon in climate change war
Algae may be secret weapon in climate change war - Yahoo! News

But should be some news to put the alarmists down a gear...

However.. one thing about the article that I don't like is where they state
"And while no one has found a way to mass produce cheap fuel from algae yet, the race is on."

The research and the technology is there... just too many alarmists are still scared by diesel...
Solazyme's algae diesel ready to hit the road | Green Tech - CNET News
Just one quick link on algae-diesel

I have been a strong proponent of algae diesel since I had my first diesel car in 1999 and I stated looking into things such as 'greasel' and biodiesel

Anyway... this could have gone under either environment or energy... but since the article revolved around the environmental stuff and I just added the thoughts on algae energy... I put it here

enjoy

Scraping the algae out of the sea probably has greater ramifications than CO2 could hope to have.

We are already beginning to grow algae in farms in the Southwest.

Algae are 50% oil and grow rapidly. They also absorb CO2, so it's a win-win.

Spirulina, I get mine from Hawaii. Got to get past that CO2 crap though Chris. CO2 is not a pollutant. Photosynthesis works in sunlight, in the dark, plants use oxygen. Right Buddy? Thats true above and below sea level.

Salt is good for you, you cannot live long without it. So just down a quart, since it is good for you and you cannot live without it. Same kind of simplistic logic you just used.

shit if it gets hot enough in the summer my dad could have a good algae production in their swimming pool. :)

Climate targets can't be achieved, say energy companies
Energy companies have privately warned the Government that its climate change targets are "illusory" and "delusional" as global leaders prepare to sign up to stricter guidelines at the Copenhagen climate change conference in six weeks.

Climate targets can't be achieved, say energy companies - Telegraph

Hmmm...... And the energy companies would never lie to us, now would they?:eusa_shhh:

The Media doesn't lie?
The Government doesn't lie?
People don't lie?

Make your point and back up your claim with proof.

Usage of Spirulina Algae Powder
•For nourishment & treatment of various diseases- Spirulina algae powder is a great source of nourishment not only for human but also for aqua cultures, birds, pets & animals. It has higher protein compared to meat like beef, chicken, eggs and grains like soybeans, rice or wheat.
•For food processing & cosmetic industries- Spirulina algae powder is used as natural colors in a variety of food and cosmetic products. This powder is extensively used in food & beverage, ice cream, skin care product, shampoos & dyes manufacturing industries.
•For commercial & industrial uses- Spirulina algae powder has diverse commercial & industrial applications. It is used as a bio plastic, feed stock, pharmaceutical, pollution control, CO2 sequestration, fertilizer runoff reclamation, sewage treatment and a multitude of different purposes.

Spirulina Algae Powder Exporters,Spirulina Algae Powder Plant,Spirulina Algae Powder Suppliers,Spirulina Algae Powder Plant India

Climate targets can't be achieved, say energy companies
Energy companies have privately warned the Government that its climate change targets are "illusory" and "delusional" as global leaders prepare to sign up to stricter guidelines at the Copenhagen climate change conference in six weeks.

Climate targets can't be achieved, say energy companies - Telegraph

Hmmm...... And the energy companies would never lie to us, now would they?:eusa_shhh:

Neither would Al whore. But you'd never know it, now would you?

Forum List

Back