not sure where to put this

I'm going away for awhile. Too many attacks on my religion. It's making me sad. I've actually started crying daily while reading these stupid posts and that tells me I'm taking it too seriously. Still when someone says they want to lock Christians up inside their churches and burn them, it scares me, and it saddens me. Worse, not one person told him he was wrong, NOT ONE!!!! And they claim there is no movement against Christianity in this country.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I hope some of you actually THINK about what you have been saying.

Good luck

Sheila

Aw... :(

Comments like that give us non-believers a really bad name. But every now and again an extreme comment will crop up in any forum and it will be upsetting to people. I can understand someone feeling hurt by such an extreme comment.

Anyway - a break is good, so is cutting down on screen time. It's all too easy (I know this from my own experience) to allow the forum world to encroach on the real world. Best thing to do when that happens is take time out.

Having said that, I have to admit on the way to work on the bus if I've got nothing to read (or I've given up my seat) I'll sometimes muse on some of the discussions here. I usually come up with something but since I won't get on at work I have to wait until I get home. And then I find I've forgotten what it was I wanted to write :lol:

Don't take it too seriously sheila, have a break and come back. You're a welcome poster here, in my opinion.

I'm going away for awhile. Too many attacks on my religion. It's making me sad. I've actually started crying daily while reading these stupid posts and that tells me I'm taking it too seriously. Still when someone says they want to lock Christians up inside their churches and burn them, it scares me, and it saddens me. Worse, not one person told him he was wrong, NOT ONE!!!! And they claim there is no movement against Christianity in this country.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I hope some of you actually THINK about what you have been saying.

Good luck

Sheila

Here's the thing, one or two people are not a "movement" nor do they represent the entirety of a group. It's hard to remember that when dealing with a close personal topic, very hard. I know of the ones you are speaking and with the specific mentions, they make us non-christians look bad yes, but christians have a few who do the same for them. You ask the rest of us to extend the courtesy of not judging you by those few, we ask the same thing. The fact is though, it shows how we feel when the few christians call for the same thing of other groups (denying that this happens does not make it go away), and some of us have told them they are making us look bad, but you ignored those as well.

As for being against christianity, you are again lumping it all into one group. Most of us are not against it, we are against the policies that oppress other religion pushed by a few, there is a huge difference. Because we know, if your religion is ever banned then what would stop them from banning all religion, which would really be counterproductive.

Now, for your personal feelings, they are valid, however you can learn from them and use them to see other perspectives if you choose. Believe me, you get a better grasp of people that way. I would hope that if you do take a break that you return here again soon, because you could help others see another perspective as well.

Enough philosophy from me. Just ... try to ignore it, like many others do (thus why you don't see many people berating them).

Kitten,

You're right, one or two people are not a movement, but it's not one or two people. And when someone talks about locking people inside churches and burning them and NO ONE speaks out against it, well, it's Nazi Germany all over again except with Christians instead of Jews. What scared me the most was that no one but me said anything against it. I can see after I brought it to people's attention, they spoke up and I appreciate that, but at the time, well, let's just say it was like I wasn't in America anymore.

Anyway, I'm feeling better now, bring it on. :lol:

Good luck

Sheila

Here's the thing, one or two people are not a "movement" nor do they represent the entirety of a group. It's hard to remember that when dealing with a close personal topic, very hard. I know of the ones you are speaking and with the specific mentions, they make us non-christians look bad yes, but christians have a few who do the same for them. You ask the rest of us to extend the courtesy of not judging you by those few, we ask the same thing. The fact is though, it shows how we feel when the few christians call for the same thing of other groups (denying that this happens does not make it go away), and some of us have told them they are making us look bad, but you ignored those as well.

As for being against christianity, you are again lumping it all into one group. Most of us are not against it, we are against the policies that oppress other religion pushed by a few, there is a huge difference. Because we know, if your religion is ever banned then what would stop them from banning all religion, which would really be counterproductive.

Now, for your personal feelings, they are valid, however you can learn from them and use them to see other perspectives if you choose. Believe me, you get a better grasp of people that way. I would hope that if you do take a break that you return here again soon, because you could help others see another perspective as well.

Enough philosophy from me. Just ... try to ignore it, like many others do (thus why you don't see many people berating them).

Kitten,

You're right, one or two people are not a movement, but it's not one or two people. And when someone talks about locking people inside churches and burning them and NO ONE speaks out against it, well, it's Nazi Germany all over again except with Christians instead of Jews. What scared me the most was that no one but me said anything against it. I can see after I brought it to people's attention, they spoke up and I appreciate that, but at the time, well, let's just say it was like I wasn't in America anymore.

Anyway, I'm feeling better now, bring it on. :lol:

I like many posters did not see it,, next time it happens point it out, we'll be glad to speak out against such hatred! glad you are back.

Forum List

Back