CDZ Not sure what to take away from this

Oh my gosh, you're saying that if the dog was attacking you or your kid, you'd be happy to not have a gun? Say it wasn't a dog, just a man, do you still not want a gun? What about a bear? So you'd Op out of protecting yourself and your kids?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there wasn't any need for protection...but I'd make a guess tornado would have felt a LOT more safe, with his gun on him...and even you'd feel a lot more safe in any of those situations. Think of a gun like a spare tire, you don't ever want to use, but if god forbid you ever ever need it, you'll be happy you have it.

Sometimes you don't need a gun. Not having a gun might make you think of other solutions :dunno:

So if you own a gun, you automatically rule out other options?? And in the moment where only a good person with a gun stops something bad from happening? What about those situations? Do you not have a right to defend yourself, you're life, your family, and the people around you?

And just because you have a gun, you HAVE to shoot it in order to protect yourself? If someone brandishes a knife and you have a gun, if that person is in their right mind, are you going to have to fire at them? Do you know how many crimes are stopped by citizens who never fire a shot? Happens ALL the time, you don't hear about it, because no one dies, no one gets robbed/attacked/etc, and also it's not sensational enough for the news. The Swiss citizens walk around with full autos, no one cares, no one is scared, no one feels unsafe, and it's the safest place on earth. Why is that?
If you don't have gun...you don't. You have to consider other options.

If you have gun, you can but you don't have to.
...And if you don't, just cross your fingers that don't ever need one? If I went on my boat without life jackets, if something were to happen, would I be stupid for not taking them? Even though I'll most likely never have to use my life jackets...and I can swim...but if I'm a couple miles off shore or even a half a mile.
All good points. But the downside is having a gun makes it easier to use before exhausting other means first.
It also makes you an much much easier target for criminals, crazy people, and terrorist. There are plenty of everyday situations that require a gun to solve. And they're not always stopped by cops, sometimes the citizens actually save the cops in trouble. Why shouldn't citizens have the ability to defend themselves? Because some think they're tough guys...who cares? As long as they are obeying the law, what's the problem?

Forum List

Back