CDZ Not sure what to take away from this

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Toronado3800, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,560
    If he had his gun, he would have very likely, killed a man's best friend...it might have made ''him feel'' safer having the gun... but by not having it, he found another way, and a man;s best friend, is still alive today.

It was a ''learning moment'', an awakening of sorts, that God allowed him to have...hopefully he takes this experience that he had, and puts it to good use, when he is 'tested' again in a similar experience, in the future to come....

That's how I see it... I don't think you will be able to change my view.... :p

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  2. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +959
    So cops are cowards? And citizens should have less of a right to self defense as police...who take 4-10 minutes to show up...Cops who recommend citizens become gun owners for that very reason.

Do you know what would stop a lot of rape, buy your girl/wife/daughter a gun. Get her trained. Me and my girlfriend talked about getting her one for a while, but never committed. Then one guy tried getting in her car, but she drove off before anything, and I said we are getting you a gun for your birthday. Which was a few months later. A few weeks after that, she got scared shitless by 2 guys following her in Walmart, and next day she got an early birthday present. Hasn't had to ever use it since (this was about a year and half ago), but we both have a much better piece of mind knowing she's capable of being able to defend herself against almost anything, if it were to happen. Now is she a coward?

3. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,586
    If she is armed every time she is in public, then yes. she is a coward.

4. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +959
    Your view of claiming to know what tornado would probably do in that situation?

That could've very easily turned bad, 5 million dogs attacks happen per year, and 20-30 result in deaths, usually among CHILDREN. Which is quadruple what bears do. I actually had to put down a beloved childhood dog for attacking a girl in the neighborhood. I've seen it myself, it sucks, and it happens in an instant, don't even know why she attacked or what set her off, it just happened. So your ok with tornado and his kid being at more risk, so that they could learn a lesson...that just happened to turn out ok (although that dog sounds very aggressive, and will probably wind up being a problem). To me it sounds like you care more about the dog than those two. I love dogs, but they are nothing more domesticated predators, and while most aren't dangerous, they very well can be.

5. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +959
    At least you're kind of consistent. But yea I guess she's got nothing to worry about ever, lightning only strikes twice right?

Really what you're saying is that you give two shits for her safety, even though she works ina bad neighborhood...with the autistic in a underserved area for the very reason that it's a bad neighborhood. Better something bad happen to her, than for her to be able to protect herself, right? You have got to be kidding me.

A gun is a tool. I can use a knife to cut tomatoes, or slice a throat. I can take a shit in a toilet or drown someone in it. I can drive my car to work, or I can hop on the London bridge walkway and mow down a crowed. I can use a gun to protect myself, and those around me, or I can use it to murder someone. And what stops the people who use guns to murder people, news flash, it's not usaually a nightstick.

6. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,779
    If you don't have gun...you don't. You have to consider other options.

If you have gun, you can but you don't have to.

7. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,560
    It was NOT my view, it was Toronado's.

The darned thing ended up RIGHT in front of me and barked. Man if I had my gun on me I would have shot it right then. Instead I took a step forward figuring it was time to feed my left arm to it while stabbing it with the metal rod holder my right.

Lucky for all involved it backed up, barked and ran off situation solved.

Man, I would have shot something tonight and it would not have been for the best.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  8. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +959
    ...And if you don't, just cross your fingers that don't ever need one? If I went on my boat without life jackets, if something were to happen, would I be stupid for not taking them? Even though I'll most likely never have to use my life jackets...and I can swim...but if I'm a couple miles off shore or even a half a mile.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,586
    So what are the multiple uses for a gun? You can shoot someone, or you can ???????????? Help me out here. All I can come up with is shoot someone. Sorry, but I don't get much call for a tool like that. Do you?

10. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +959
    And if he would've had a gun, probably would not be as afraid, and the dog would not be reacting to that fear as much. Remember when prey is scared, predators know that prey is getting ready to run, and they need to set themselves up to attack before it's too late. That's what that whole "dogs can smell fear" means.

Either way I'm glad nothing happened, but that situation is a little more than a misunderstanding. That's an aggressive dog. And your more worried about an inanimate object that statistically has a much lower chance at harming someone over an aggressive dog. If your scared of the gun, there's no reason you should not be equally if not more afraid of that dog.