Not supporting the war BUT supporting our troops

Insein
By saying the "War is illegal" your saying that all those who take part in this war are criminals.
This is where you and I part thinking. Maybe this is how you think of illegal wars.
But how the hell is a marine supposted to do something illegal if hes following procedure.

Your the one saying that their actions are illegal.
No im not, the troops are doing everything perfectly legal, doing their job, killing our enemies.

The troops are following orders. If they didn't follow them, they'd be thrown in the slammer or dishonorly discharged.

They can't be held responsible for starting this war!

The ones responsible are those in the Bush administration who bought American support for this war with doctored intelligence reports! Nothing they've said about Iraq has been true! Nothing!!!

I definately SUPPORT THE TROOPS. Call me "pro-life." What are these guys dying for? To bring "democracy" to a bunch of people who will throw it away as soon as we leave? The government is throwing these people's lives away! I say bring them home with all their limbs so that they can live happy lives and enjoy their right to freedom as Americans!

Hagbard Celine said:
The troops are following orders. If they didn't follow them, they'd be thrown in the slammer or dishonorly discharged.

The ones responsible are those in the Bush administration who bought American support for this war with doctored intelligence reports! Nothing they've said about Iraq has been true! Nothing!!!

I definately SUPPORT THE TROOPS. Call me "pro-life." What are these guys dying for? To bring "democracy" to a bunch of people who will throw it away as soon as we leave? The government is throwing these people's lives away! I say bring them home with all their limbs so that they can live happy lives and enjoy their right to freedom as Americans!

They are killing people who want to kill you--how damn simple does it need to be spelled out for you?

Hagbard Celine said:

How telling, I bet most of these dittoheads would blame our troops if republicans believed they were in an illegal war.

No, they're killing people who want to kill THEM. They're fighting insurgents who think our soldiers are occupying their country numbnuts! They're Ba'ath party left overs.

Hagbard Celine said:
No, they're killing people who want to kill THEM. They're fighting insurgents who think our soldiers are occupying their country numbnuts! They're Ba'ath party left overs.

One of those who doesn't even believe after all of the planned and foiled attacks on the US, HUH?

Hey! Iraq didn't attack us on 9/11 man. It was al-Qaeda. Instead Bush has got our military bogged down in Baghdad fighting Ba'ath party insurgents. So don't give me that self-righteous crap about not being 'informed' and "I'm more patriotic than you are." Because that's pure garbage. If Bush had wanted to "foil" an attack on this country as you put it, he could've read the intelligence memo that was put on his desk saying "Bin Laden determined to attack inside US" instead of going on vacation to his dude ranch.

:nine:

Hagbard Celine said:
Hey! Iraq didn't attack us on 9/11 man. It was al-Qaeda. Instead Bush has got our military bogged down in Baghdad fighting Ba'ath party insurgents. So don't give me that self-righteous crap about not being 'informed' and "I'm more patriotic than you are." Because that's pure garbage. If Bush had wanted to "foil" an attack on this country as you put it, he could've read the intelligence memo that was put on his desk saying "Bin Laden determined to attack inside US" instead of going on vacation to his dude ranch.

I never said I was more informed nor more patriotic----I am simply more realistic than you are. We are fighting people who hate the west. They want to overthrow Saudi Arabia and blackmail the entire world with oil and use all the profits for weapons to kill more westerners.

I thought everyone wanted to overthrow saudi arabia! torturous dictatorships with the potential for wmds are our enemies.

no1tovote4 said:
Buh-bye? LOL.

Your disregard is shown in how you speak to and treat veterans, I have seen your "high regard" as represented by your true actions and wish to have none of it.

High regard? She sounds like a typical, condescending officer's wife that wears HIS rank on her sleeve to me.

xen said:
I thought everyone wanted to overthrow saudi arabia! torturous dictatorships with the potential for wmds are our enemies.

We are protecting the dictatorship to protect the worlds oil supply. If the Wahhabists get the control of the oil everyones life will suck.

Hagbard Celine said:

He is more informed and patriotic than you are.

This is the last time I am going to try explaining to you why we went to war. Since you are incapable of reading, perhaps a picture will do:

Hydra-X.gif

theim said:
He is more informed and patriotic than you are.

This is the last time I am going to try explaining to you why we went to war. Since you are incapable of reading, perhaps a picture will do:

TROOPS: NOTHING ILLEGAL
THE DECISION OF WAR: ILLEGAL

would you blame the troops for someting they have no part in?
Your marines have done NOTHING illegal. Those are OUR enemies down there, i dont disagree with that. Its the decision thats illegal, created by someone far away from troops.
How can you call following military procedures illegal anyway?

xen said:
GUNNYL, same thing for you.

Your marines have done NOTHING illegal. Those are their enemies down there, i dont disagree with that. Its the decision, by someone far away from them and their procedures.

Dude, you are about THE dumbest troll I've had the misfortune to encounter.

I have never said, nor do I believe the Marines have done anything illegal as it pertains to this topic. I support them kicking the shit out of everything in the Middle East that shows hostile intent toward them and/or the US.

What you aren't catching onto here is that YOUR opinions are contradictory. YOU claim the war is immoral; yet, you also claim the Marines are merely defending themselves.

Typical liberal logic -- trying to have your cake and eat it too.

If the war is immoral, so are the actions of US military personnel. If the war is just, their actions are justified. You get to choose ONE. There is no other option.

no1tovote4 said:
Now, not only are you treating the ones you know to be veterans on the site as valueless knuckledraggers thus devaluing your own "support" through negative action, you now have shown that you think that you think that no opinion from a conservative has value either. That is floccinaucinihilipilification brought to an extreme.

I gave value to your opinion, I gave respect in my answers throughout the thread and in return we hear that nothing you hear from a conservative will be given value by you?

That you can string five words together at a time doesn't change the fact that if you truly find all things stated by conservatives as valueless you are simply a troll and will bring nothing of value to the site. I would hope that you would be above such posturing. Are you truly wishing to state this, or are you having issues with the idea that words you state and actions you take mean something?

The poster said this to me: I haven't mentioned a word about your credibility - perhaps you should check the posts again? I merely stated that supporting stupidity makes you look stupid - as in this case.

I was telling him that I accorded no probative value to his calling me stupid. That's it. Stop trying to read into my posts.

GunnyL said:
If those are "your own," I have misjudged you, and you can have them. They represent the left well.

Well, I am a liberal, and so are they. Why would you lump all liberals together? Are you that small minded?

xen said:

Your marines have done NOTHING illegal. Those are OUR enemies down there, i dont disagree with that. Its the decision thats illegal, created by someone far away from troops.
How can you call following military procedures illegal anyway?

Where are you getting this "Illegal"? Is it suddenly Illegal for the US to go to war? Was World War II illegal? Was Korea illegal?

Obviously Iraq was perfectly legal by US law, since no treaty ended Gulf War I. Who's definition are you using? The UN? The "International Community"?

You would let a bunch of child sex addicts and drug fiends decide what the US can and cannot do.

/dismiss.

on this board the same month Sept...how much of a coincidence is this...hummm...and all seem to know each other from another board...me thinks Bully imported them on one of his walk abouts! :funnyface

ProudDem said:
Well, I am a liberal, and so are they. Why would you lump all liberals together? Are you that small minded?

How am I small minded when it is YOU who lumped yourself together with those two by calling them "your own."

Forum List

Back