Not Supporting President Trump's Economic Plan is

Taking delight and realizing something feared are not the same.

To Republicans taking delight is when poor people die without healthcare or poor children are hungry at school. These are something we can both agree on.

well....counter productive

It is clear to me on USMB how the 'takers' of our society view today's economy. You have a POTUS who is the most pro business in decades and somehow you still bemoan your economic prosperity. Strong business is required for jobs to manifest allowing individuals to progress if so inclined. You set a realistic career goal and go and get it

But there are just plain stupid people in America who detest available jobs as they don't want one. It fits inside their lack of ambition personality. The 'stupid' people however, still want some of the rewards of others ambition.

In other words, they want their cake and eat it too.

I'm tired of carrying your dead beat asses. Fine, you lack ambition? Then you must also accept the consequence of that decision. Like 2x2 = 4, ambition+drive = $$.

Yes, water is wet and the earth is round, and yes, you have to put in the effort to reap the rewards which is evidently so coveted by liberals. Or why else would they constantly complain about those who 'have'?

You have made your choice and I approve your decision to remain in financial mediocrity.

Live and let live?

-Geaux
Trump’s Infrastructure plan is part of his economic plan.

Trump's infrastructure scam guts environmental safeguards like the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, and National Environmental Policy Act, making it easy for the federal government to rubber stamp permits for corporations to build dangerous pipelines, toxic waste dumps, and other destructive projects. It would restrict environmental reviews for infrastructure projects and limit public participation, reducing opportunities for impacted individuals and communities to make their voices heard in the decision-making process.Trump even plans to sell off public lands to oil companies and other special interests in order to pay for his scam.

We know that America's infrastructure doesn't have to come at the cost of clean air and clean water. We need safeguards that protect our environment and keep our communities healthy, and we need our voices to be heard in the process.

If this is what you want for America you need to find another country.

CUTS... but we all disagree as to where.....
Well, that's my criticism of the Trump plan. Not nearly enough cuts.

So, is my criticism productive?

I am confused. Either they are wasting money or the are not.
Quote) Cuts are a good idea, the problem is where the cuts come from, do they serve the general public or just the ruling class?
When has a republican ever proposed a policy that didn’t favor the power elite and screw the middle class?

It is clear to me on USMB how the 'takers' of our society view today's economy. You have a POTUS who is the most pro business in decades and somehow you still bemoan your economic prosperity. Strong business is required for jobs to manifest allowing individuals to progress if so inclined. You set a realistic career goal and go and get it

But there are just plain stupid people in America who detest available jobs as they don't want one. It fits inside their lack of ambition personality. The 'stupid' people however, still want some of the rewards of others ambition.

I'm tired of carrying your dead beat asses. Fine, you lack ambition? Then you must also accept the consequence of that decision. Like 2x2 = 4, ambition+drive = $$.

Yes, water is wet and the earth is round, and yes, you have to put in the effort to reap the rewards which is evidently so coveted by liberals. Or why else would they constantly complain about those who 'have'?

You have made your choice and I approve your decision to remain in financial mediocrity.

Live and let live?

-Geaux

The biggest "takers" =

Military - contractors + Military past (vets) and present.

Senior Citizens/ Medicare / Social Security

Tell us how to proceed cutting the two biggest drains on federal budget.

I mean, we already give the vets the bare minimum of what we promised them.

Seniors paid into SS and Medicare their entire working lives. Is it their fault they're living longer than we originally thought?

Tell us, how would you deal with the really big takers....

You want to bury your head in the sand and smile? We are likely going to run trillion dollar deficits when the economy is strong. The Fed raising interest rates will increase the federal deficit even more. We are in deep trouble and apparently you are too partisan to care.

Live and let live?

-Geaux

Trump and the GOP are ballooning the deficits to give out 'free' money to buy votes.

I can oppose that in good conscience.

As in Obama phones, illegal immigration and race division

-Geaux

Live and let live?

-Geaux

The biggest "takers" =

Military - contractors + Military past (vets) and present.

Senior Citizens/ Medicare / Social Security

Tell us how to proceed cutting the two biggest drains on federal budget.

I mean, we already give the vets the bare minimum of what we promised them.

Seniors paid into SS and Medicare their entire working lives. Is it their fault they're living longer than we originally thought?

Tell us, how would you deal with the really big takers....

Indeed

Here are the 66 programs eliminated in Trump's budget

President Trump's fiscal 2018 budget proposal would completely eliminate 66 federal programs, for a savings of $26.7 billion.

Some of the programs would receive funding for 2018 as part of a phasing-out plan.

Here are the programs the administration wants on the chopping block.

Agriculture Department — $855 million

· McGovern-Dole International Food for Education

· Rural Business-Cooperative Service

· Rural Water and Waste Disposal Program Account

· Single Family Housing Direct Loans

Commerce Department — $633 million

· Economic Development Administration

· Manufacturing Extension Partnership

· Minority Business Development Agency

· National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Grants and Education

Education Department — $4.976 billion

· 21st Century Community Learning Centers

· Comprehensive Literacy Development Grants

· Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants

· Impact Aid Payments for Federal Property

· International Education

· Strengthening Institutions

· Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants

· Supporting Effective Instruction State Grants

· Teacher Quality Partnership

Energy Department — $398 million

· Advanced Research Projects Agency—Energy

· Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing Loan Program and Title 17 Innovative Technology Loan Guarantee Program

· Mixed Oxide Fuel Fabrication Facility

Health and Human Services — $4.834 billion

· Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality

· Community Services Block Grant

· Health Professions and Nursing Training Programs

· Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program

Here are the 66 programs eliminated in Trump's budget

You want to bury your head in the sand and smile? We are likely going to run trillion dollar deficits when the economy is strong. The Fed raising interest rates will increase the federal deficit even more. We are in deep trouble and apparently you are too partisan to care.

First off, I am not smiling, Secondly I have advocated less spending, and higher taxes for decades, it didn't matter who the President was.

So spare me the partisan BS, that is just your excuse and easy way to lump people into a category so you don't have to deal with the real issues.

Taking delight and realizing something feared are not the same.

To Republicans taking delight is when poor people die without healthcare or poor children are hungry at school. These are something we can both agree on.

Bullshit rdean, and for you to try to play this card is absolutely the epitome of your stupidity. Your old lies are just that, old and unproven hyper partisan BS.

Forum List

Back