Not so fast: Voting machines impounded in N.Y.'s 23rd

This could be interesting because how many voted that was not counted. This could lead to a different outcome possibly and where is the MSM report on this. Go to 9wsyr.com.

Fulton County (WSYR-TV) – NewsChannel 9 has learned voting machines in Fulton County, which is a part of the 23rd Congressional District, have been impounded, after the machines were not working property today, the Fulton County Board of Elections confirms.

The county was forced to switch over to paper ballots.

They were not planning on counting any votes Tuesday night. We’re told by the Board of Elections, the paper ballots cannot be touched until the absentee ballots are opened a week from Tuesday.

The Board of Elections says they do not know how many people voted, but there are 22 districts in Fulton County.

23 has 654,000 people who live in it, 55,000 live in Fulton plus only probably half that voted if not less. :)

23 has 654,000 people who live in it, 55,000 live in Fulton plus only probably half that voted if not less. :)

So they don't deserve to have their votes counted?

What an interesting view of democracy you have. It's a tight race, these votes might change the outcome.... is that the problem?

Hoffman will still lose. Count the votes of course. However, there is no reason to think that they would not be consistent with the rest of the district.

Hoffman will still lose. Count the votes of course. However, there is no reason to think that they would not be consistent with the rest of the district.

I don't disagree, but we are still a democracy and if people bothered to vote, then they should have their votes counted.

Personally, I didn't expect Hoffman to win but I'm pretty pleased that he did so well.... bodes well for Conservatives in the coming months.

What an interesting view of democracy you have. It's a tight race, these votes might change the outcome.... is that the problem?

Did I say that? And the article never said they would not be counted, it said they would not be counted tonight.

I don't disagree, but we are still a democracy and if people bothered to vote, then they should have their votes counted.

Personally, I didn't expect Hoffman to win but I'm pretty pleased that he did so well.... bodes well for Conservatives in the coming months.

I want to know where it said the votes won't be counted?

Pleased he did so well? It was basically a Democrat vs a Republican. Don't delude yourself otherwise. He showed how third party and Conservative he was when he was lapping up those endorsements and $$$ from the GOP. He would of been another Jim DeMint Republican most likely.

Jumping to quite the conclusion there, CG ... I don't see where she says the votes shouldn't be counted.

It was your :rolleyes: that gives the impression that it didn't matter. All votes matter. That's democracy.

It was your :rolleyes: that gives the impression that it didn't matter. All votes matter. That's democracy.
I still want to know where I implied that?
I just posted some numbers implying when they are counted it will probably not make much of difference.

count the votes, no matter the outcome. every demo vote should be scrutinized to see how many dead people voted in this election. In fact they should get TAPS to come in and interview the ghosts to find out if they were properly represented.

Pleased he did so well? It was basically a Democrat vs a Republican. Don't delude yourself otherwise. He showed how third party and Conservative he was when he was lapping up those endorsements and $$$ from the GOP. He would of been another Jim DeMint Republican most likely.

Oh bother. Been reading your gloat on the fact Hoffman lost. So be it. He lost. He had no where near the money poured in, nor major endorsements like Corzine or Deeds. They had President Obama. I fail to see how you get to your happy place with Hoffman losing, but whatever floats your boat.

I just posted some numbers implying when they are counted it will probably not make much of difference.

Read what I said..... I don't disagree with you however I state that, whatever the outcome, they should count the votes. I didn't accuse you, or the article of saying they should not be. Just that they must be counted.

Read what I said..... I don't disagree with you however I state that, whatever the outcome, they should count the votes. I didn't accuse you, or the article of saying they should not be. Just that they must be counted.

actually you did.

Oh bother. Been reading your gloat on the fact Hoffman lost. So be it. He lost. He had no where near the money poured in, nor major endorsements like Corzine or Deeds. They had President Obama. I fail to see how you get to your happy place with Hoffman losing, but whatever floats your boat.

The major endorsements?

New York's 23rd congressional district special election, 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Club for Growth, every single Republican talk host, Dick Armey (head of the Tea Party), Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Dobson, NY Post, DeMint, Rick Perry, Cantor, Forbes, The Huckster, Newt, Young Republicans, the RNC, and the NRA for starters. You're not calling that major endorsements? The fact that practically the entire Right Wing endorsed him?

Again, delusion on your part.

As for $$$:

Hoffman was running for a district, not Governor. You want to complain about $$$, go talk about Bloomberg. He spent $100 million to win his election.

This is a narrow margin of victory and there might be a turnaround of events once ALL the votes and Absentees are counted. Right now there is a 3, 585 margin of victory with Owens. Thats not many people.

Douglas Hoffman (C) 57,073
Bill Owens (D) 61,666

Dierdre Scozzafava (R) 6,976

The major endorsements?

New York's 23rd congressional district special election, 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Club for Growth, every single Republican talk host, Dick Armey (head of the Tea Party), Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Dobson, NY Post, DeMint, Rick Perry, Cantor, Forbes, The Huckster, Newt, Young Republicans, the RNC, and the NRA for starters. You're not calling that major endorsements? The fact that practically the entire Right Wing endorsed him?

Again, delusion on your part.

As for $$$:

Hoffman was running for a district, not Governor. You want to complain about $$$, go talk about Bloomberg. He spent $100 million to win his election.

Read again, 'no where near...' Words matter. You may think Palin and Bachmann speak for Conservatives, but I don't. I do think Obama speaks for 'progressives,' you disagree?

Read again, 'no where near...' Words matter. You may think Palin and Bachmann speak for Conservatives, but I don't. I do think Obama speaks for 'progressives,' you disagree?

The GOP disagrees with you. Which is hilarious. :D

I know she doesn't speak for Conservatives, which makes all the more funny when people use Palin to try and back up some Conservative viewpoint when she clearly isn't. Besides Bachmann and Palin though, Hoffman got plenty of major endorsements.

As for Obama, I have no idea what he speaks for. When he was running for President, he was supposedly speaking for the Liberals. But that changed on January 21, 2009.

Forum List

Back