Not so fast, Mr. Romney

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Paul supporters create delegate mischief - Washington Times

Mitt Romney may be the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, but Rep. Ron Paul of Texas is quietly racking up some organizational victories that could complicate Mr. Romney’s anticipated coronation at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., this summer.

Exploiting party rules, loyalists for the libertarian congressman from Texas in recent days have engineered post-primary organizing coups in states such as Louisiana and Alaska, confirming what party regulars say would be an effort to grab an outsized role in the convention and the party’s platform deliberations.

In Massachusetts, the state where Mr. Romney served as governor, Paul loyalists over the weekend helped block more than half of Mr. Romney’s preferred nominees from being named delegates at state party caucuses — even though Mr. Romney won his home state’s primary with 72 percent of the vote. Many state GOP establishment figures, including longtime state Republican National Committee member Ron Kaufman, won’t be going to Tampa in August as official delegates.

This is what I was referring to when I wondered if it's as cut-and-dried as Romney seems to believe.

BD? Take this shit back to MM and that'Other USMB(S) and tell him how SUPERIOR you were to me...

I'm sure he'd tell YOU as me to get lost you loser.

*IDIOT*

O hey. Get back to me after you check the last date I posted or visited that hellhole.

Kthxbai.

The Paul campaign’s skill in outmaneuvering rivals in delegate selection battles could produce some uncomfortable moments for a Romney campaign with a reputation for discipline and efficiency.
Really?

It doesn’t seem that why when Romney opens his mouth.

While he is given virtually no chance of derailing Mr. Romney’s march to the 1,144 delegates needed for the Republican nomination, Mr. Paul could conceivably help deny Mr. Romney a first-ballot nomination, with enough muscle to gain a place at the podium and a large say in the party message for the fall campaign.

A message more extreme and from the fringe, no doubt.

If Mr. Paul seeks platform concessions, he won’t be able to use nomination balloting as a cudgel because the platform is written a week earlier. He also will have to apply early if he wants a prominent speaking slot in Tampa because the platform lineup is worked out weeks before the convention.
The mainstream, rank and file republicans who harbor some faint, pathetic hope of beating Obama are certainly looking forward to that speech.

I think Mickey Mouse has a chance, too.

As much as Homer Simpson.
icon14.gif

Forum List

Back