Not only the pill, but sex changes?

i really dont care if they are right or left....

public funds should not be spent on elective cosmetic surgery.

I think they should be depending on the reasons for the surgery. If someone wanted breast implants but already had average sized boobs, I would say tough. But if they had no breast at all, or were very flat chested, then yes, because a bust will give them confidence and help with their depression.
Same with gender surgery.

bingo.... they wont die without it.

Its elective cosmetic surgery. If they want it... they can damn well pay for it themselves.

They could die without it - the depression get so bad they could harm themselves. We shouldn't be standing back allowing that to happen.

The only things I am really opposed to the taxpayers paying for are medical treatment for smokers, and lap band/gastric bands for the obese. They damaged their own bodies, they should suffer the consequences.

I think they should be depending on the reasons for the surgery. If someone wanted breast implants but already had average sized boobs, I would say tough. But if they had no breast at all, or were very flat chested, then yes, because a bust will give them confidence and help with their depression.

Its elective cosmetic surgery. If they want it... they can damn well pay for it themselves.

They could die without it - the depression get so bad they could harm themselves. We shouldn't be standing back allowing that to happen.

The only things I am really opposed to the taxpayers paying for are medical treatment for smokers, and lap band/gastric bands for the obese. They damaged their own bodies, they should suffer the consequences.
I could die of you don’t pay my mortgage. The depression is so tough to deal with. While I am spilling the beans, I am depressed that my successful neighbor has a Jaguar and I am still rolling in my multi-colored pinto. The state should buy me one. As a matter of fact, if I were the person in jail, my life would be at a far greater risk of life threating depression because I was locked in a cage with a bunch of my animal brethren.

That is no argument at all. It is asinine to say that we must give another whatever they are asking for because it might make them ‘depressed.’ They can go pound sand. If they want the standard treatment process for depression that is another thin, a medical one. If they want the taxpayer to shuffle them money to go through surgeries then tough shit. You can cover that expense on your own.

There is greater risk going down the road you paint as well. When the state must provide things to you to ensure that you are ‘happy’ and protected from evil life threatening depression, there is no end to what you can demand. There is no fantasy that the government is not required to fulfill. After all, you might get real sad if good ‘ol uncle Sam does not provide you with that shiny new toy.

If not treated...AIDS and STD's can be fatal and is certainly an infection to the human body.
Sex change is not an infection and the person isn't in any danger of loss of life.

If someone has gender dysphoria they have a mental illness and should receive treatment for that mental illness. Not accommodation and indulgence in having their illness catered to. If they want to pay for their own surgeries, they should be able to do that. Like they have to pay for breast implants and penis extensions. We do not OWE anyone happiness.

Not at all surprising to see that not only are you anti-Constitution, you would like to see our Declaration of Independence trashed as well.

Knee jerk idiot.
The problem here is that you’re an idiot troll that has no understanding of what the declaration of independence says let alone what it actually means. Here is some education if you have enough brain cells to actually comprehend something:

The declaration of independence said:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
That’s right you sniveling toad, you are not guaranteed happiness. It is not owed to you. No one has to deliver it on a silver platter to your front door. You only have the right to PERUSE happiness. Attaining it is entirely up to you. It does not involve requiring others to pay for your surgery or for others to provide you with anything. You must come up with those means on your own.
Now I realize that you don’t actually care that the founders built this country on morals and ideas that are completely contradictory to your own but dammit, I am tired of idiots like you asking others why they hate this country or the constitution or the founders or the damn declaration ect. when, in fact, it is the like of you that cannot handle what this country was supposed to represent.

Edit: and fix your damn tags too before going around and calling others idiots.

Last edited:
If someone has gender dysphoria they have a mental illness and should receive treatment for that mental illness. Not accommodation and indulgence in having their illness catered to. If they want to pay for their own surgeries, they should be able to do that. Like they have to pay for breast implants and penis extensions. We do not OWE anyone happiness.

Not at all surprising to see that not only are you anti-Constitution, you would like to see our Declaration of Independence trashed as well.

Knee jerk idiot.
You'll have to remind me: Where does the Declaration mention the God-given right to have taxpayer-funded gender reassignment surgery?

It's in the same paragraph that provides for breast augmentation if you are depressed enough.

I could die of you don’t pay my mortgage. The depression is so tough to deal with. While I am spilling the beans, I am depressed that my successful neighbor has a Jaguar and I am still rolling in my multi-colored pinto. The state should buy me one. As a matter of fact, if I were the person in jail, my life would be at a far greater risk of life threating depression because I was locked in a cage with a bunch of my animal brethren.

That is no argument at all. It is asinine to say that we must give another whatever they are asking for because it might make them ‘depressed.’ They can go pound sand. If they want the standard treatment process for depression that is another thin, a medical one. If they want the taxpayer to shuffle them money to go through surgeries then tough shit. You can cover that expense on your own.

There is greater risk going down the road you paint as well. When the state must provide things to you to ensure that you are ‘happy’ and protected from evil life threatening depression, there is no end to what you can demand. There is no fantasy that the government is not required to fulfill. After all, you might get real sad if good ‘ol uncle Sam does not provide you with that shiny new toy.

That's a silly argument. A mortgage cannot be compared to health issues.

well, gender dysphoria is a real illness. should they not get treatment for that illness?

do we not treat AIDS and STD's because some disapprove of how one might get those illnesses?

Proposed Revision | APA DSM-5

Proposed Revision | APA DSM-5

Bull shit, it is a mental illness
Mental illnesses are medical conditions, Papageorgio. :dunno:

But they aren't cured by a sex change. They are done through counseling and therapy.

Anti-depressants are what you take for depression. If a man or woman loses their hair and get so depressed they want to kill themselves, now what give them transplants? What about wrinkles or a man has a small penis or a woman's breast are to small and they get so depressed they want to kill themselves, what do we do?

That's a silly argument. A mortgage cannot be compared to health issues.

It far less silly than the argument you’re using. You are essentially saying that depression is life threatening so it is the job of society to treat THE CAUSE of that depression. I don’t give a shit what you attribute the depression to. You don’t get to claim that it is life threatening because it is not. That is horse shit. You do not get to demand that others pay for your silly fantasy either, no matter what the so called side effects MIGHT be. Don’t evade the point with your bullshit one liners. Try and actually address the point. If depression is the issue then you treat the depression. You do not get to demand that your sex change is also paid for from the dole any more than I get to demand my mortgage is paid for by the dole.

Anti-depressants are what you take for depression. If a man or woman loses their hair and get so depressed they want to kill themselves, now what give them transplants? What about wrinkles or a man has a small penis or a woman's breast are to small and they get so depressed they want to kill themselves, what do we do?

Losing your hair can be fixed with a wig. You can only fix a small penis or small breasts with surgery. A man who has a very small penis may not be able to enjoy a normal sex life.

Losing your hair can be fixed with a wig. You can only fix a small penis or small breasts with surgery. A man who has a very small penis may not be able to enjoy a normal sex life.

My point is, that depression can be handled with anti-depressants, it is not the governments responsibility to fix everything that is wrong with you. People that can't walk, live through the disability. Blind people, deaf people, mute people, I'm sure many get depressed and contemplate taking their life. But they learn to live and many learn to excel.

Government isn't supposed to make you happy, that is your responsibility. As far as the incarcerated, who the hell cares, they are being punished because they are unable to get along with the real world, why are we responsible for elective surgery for them?

How about people driven to suicide because their partners left them. They jump off bridges, shoot themselves. Shouldn't there be some provision in the law making them happy by forcing those straying partners to stay? How many suicides were there because of the movie Avatar and they knew Pandora wasn't real and didn't want to live if they couldn't live on Pandora? Don't we owe it to them to make an artificial Pandora so they could be happy?

How about people driven to suicide because their partners left them. They jump off bridges, shoot themselves. Shouldn't there be some provision in the law making them happy by forcing those straying partners to stay? How many suicides were there because of the movie Avatar and they knew Pandora wasn't real and didn't want to live if they couldn't live on Pandora? Don't we owe it to them to make an artificial Pandora so they could be happy?

We are not talking about that. We are talking about people who were born in a less than perfect body.

We are not talking about that. We are talking about people who were born in a less than perfect body.

People have a RIGHT to be born into a perfect body. Is that what you mean? Since they have a right to a perfect body, there is an obligation on the part of the entire nation to make each and every body perfect.

Good luck with that one.

Who do you know that was born with a perfect body?

Who do you know that was born with a perfect body?

It doesn't matter. A perfect body is a human RIGHT so paying for it is everybody's obligation.

People have a RIGHT to be born into a perfect body. Is that what you mean? Since they have a right to a perfect body, there is an obligation on the part of the entire nation to make each and every body perfect.

Good luck with that one.

How would you like it if you were born with huge, stick our ears, no breasts to speak of and a large nose? What if you were teased constantly, had no self confidence, and didn't have the cash to pay for surgery to transform yourself?

I tell you something, I would hope that you could get that operation for free - I believe you would be entitled to it. But that is just me, I guess.

Good luck with that one.

How would you like it if you were born with huge, stick our ears, no breasts to speak of and a large nose? What if you were teased constantly, had no self confidence, and didn't have the cash to pay for surgery to transform yourself?

I tell you something, I would hope that you could get that operation for free - I believe you would be entitled to it. But that is just me, I guess.

As a kid you may get teased, however as an adult? Who is born with a stick in their ears?

Sorry surgery is not a cure all and I'm not seeing being born one sex or another as a defect. It is a mental issue, not a physical issue.

Still have told me who is born perfect.

Good luck with that one.

That's why Romney was absolutely correct when he spoke about an entitlement mentality.

Forum List

Back