Not One Republican Has The Guts To Take Maher's Bet

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
During the monologue of Friday's Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO, host Maher referred to GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain as a "token black guy" as he asserted that establishment Republicans are "freaking out" because they never expected him to be competitive.

Alluding to the tendency of guest characters in Star Trek television episodes to be killed off, he cracked:

The Republican establishment is freaking out because their token black guy is in the league now. They never expec-, it's like an episode of Star Trek where the black guy beams down to the planet and lives.

Maher later went on to bet CNBC's Michelle Caruso-Cabrera a million dollars that Republicans will not nominate Cain, as he made his latest accusation that Republicans are racists:

A million to one, I will give you a million dollars. If you think that the Republicans are going to have an election with two black guys against each other, that they don't have a choice to vote for a white man in the general election, that will never happen.

Below is a transcript of the relevant portion of the Friday, October 14, Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO:

BILL MAHER: Big news, of course, in the Republican ranks. There is a new - I say this every week - but there is a new frontrunner: Herman Cain, Herman Cain. The Republican establishment is freaking out because their token black guy is in the league now. They never expec-, it's like an episode of Star Trek where the black guy beams down to the planet and lives.

MAHER: Let me just ask, before we move on, about Herman Cain because I don't hear any person who thinks that's going to last, even though he is the leader, except Herman Cain. I love Herman Cain keeps saying, "People who get on the Cain train don't leave." It sounds a little like, "Once you go black, you don't go back." (AUDIENCE LAUGHTER)

It does. I mean, it does. that's what, I think he should get a different slogan. But I don't know one person - do you? Is there anyone here? - who thinks Herman Cain in a month will not be down in the middle with Newt Gingrich and the rest of the also-rans?

Read more: Maher Bets $1 Million 'Token Black Guy' Cain Loses GOP Nod, GOPers Want White Candidate | NewsBusters.org

:lol:

I've only been on here a short time and I've seen two things I thought I would never see. A fan of Chris Mathews and someone who actually watches Bill Maher. Next thing you know someone will quote that dude Maddow? I guess it's true. Live long enough and you will eventually see everything :)

None of them is fool enough to give the vile rice baiting little shit the time of day, to dignify such pure shit with the effort.

million dollars is a lot of money to lose. race baiting? it's ok Maher is an honorary black man.

Sounds to me like the people who are "freaking out" are progressives like Maher. Poor 'Whiny Bill' spent the last eight years calling Republicans racists only to have a whole bunch of them turn around and support a man who happens to be black in a Presidential election. Funny how it's now conservatives that are willing to count a man's character more important than his pigmentation and liberals who label that same man a "token" simply because he's black.

Maher's not an honorary black man...he's a full fledged, pale and pasty, hollywood limo-liberal...the kind that would soil his undies if his ride broke down in South Central.

During the monologue of Friday's Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO, host Maher referred to GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain as a "token black guy" as he asserted that establishment Republicans are "freaking out" because they never expected him to be competitive.

Alluding to the tendency of guest characters in Star Trek television episodes to be killed off, he cracked:

The Republican establishment is freaking out because their token black guy is in the league now. They never expec-, it's like an episode of Star Trek where the black guy beams down to the planet and lives.

Maher later went on to bet CNBC's Michelle Caruso-Cabrera a million dollars that Republicans will not nominate Cain, as he made his latest accusation that Republicans are racists:

A million to one, I will give you a million dollars. If you think that the Republicans are going to have an election with two black guys against each other, that they don't have a choice to vote for a white man in the general election, that will never happen.

Below is a transcript of the relevant portion of the Friday, October 14, Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO:

BILL MAHER: Big news, of course, in the Republican ranks. There is a new - I say this every week - but there is a new frontrunner: Herman Cain, Herman Cain. The Republican establishment is freaking out because their token black guy is in the league now. They never expec-, it's like an episode of Star Trek where the black guy beams down to the planet and lives.

MAHER: Let me just ask, before we move on, about Herman Cain because I don't hear any person who thinks that's going to last, even though he is the leader, except Herman Cain. I love Herman Cain keeps saying, "People who get on the Cain train don't leave." It sounds a little like, "Once you go black, you don't go back." (AUDIENCE LAUGHTER)

It does. I mean, it does. that's what, I think he should get a different slogan. But I don't know one person - do you? Is there anyone here? - who thinks Herman Cain in a month will not be down in the middle with Newt Gingrich and the rest of the also-rans?

Read more: Maher Bets $1 Million 'Token Black Guy' Cain Loses GOP Nod, GOPers Want White Candidate | NewsBusters.org

Throwing in with a racist there ...Truthseeker....

I'm fed up with this racist charge by Democrats.....why do you think Democrats support this kinda crap and continue to split the country?.. :evil:

Bill Maher? Isn't he the has-been comedian who used to have a show called "politically incorrect" which was in fact the most politically correct if least watched show on cable? Wasn't he kicked off the air when he praised the 9-11 terrorists? Who the hell cares what Maher says? I don't think democrats even take him seriously.

I'm fed up with this racist charge by Democrats.....why do you think Democrats support this kinda crap and continue to split the country?.. :evil:

Maher is a racist?

I wouldn't vote for Herman Cain because he's a Federal Reserve insider. Would you want Ben Bernanke as your President? He's doing practically the same job Herman Cain did.

Fuck Bill Mahr and his lame ass show.

Bill Maher? Isn't he the has-been comedian who used to have a show called "politically incorrect" which was in fact the most politically correct if least watched show on cable? Wasn't he kicked off the air when he praised the 9-11 terrorists? Who the hell cares what Maher says? I don't think democrats even take him seriously.

No he still has a show on HBO.

Maher is a sick man.

And, he's not funny, nor is he clever. Laughing at others' expense doesn't take much wit.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Maher is a racist?

You seem to push this race baiting bullshit...(which I'm fed up).. you'd think you'd recognize it..dammit...:eusa_eh:

Do I need to go through all the racist shit Republicans have done? It's not even a slight stretch to think Republicans are using Cain as a token black.

Maher is a racist?

You seem to push this race baiting bullshit...(which I'm fed up).. you'd think you'd recognize it..dammit...:eusa_eh:

Do I need to go through all the racist shit Republicans have done? It's not even a slight stretch to think Republicans are using Cain as a token black.
Racist piece of shit.

YOU see nothing but a Black man and are perplexed when others see a brilliant and accomplished engineer and businessman.

But, you are a racist, so you can't help it.

Cain is off of Maher's plantation.

And, off of 'truth'seeker's.

all the flip flopping he does it's hard to tell who's plantation he is on. I would guess the Koch brothers.
He's not being your Black man, so it's yoru planatation he is off of.

Deal with it, racist. He is much more than his skin color, but not to racists like you; he is just not behaving.

Forum List

Back