Not MY President!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GWBfan, Jan 21, 2005.

1. GWBfan

GWBfan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    OK, so I live in Texas, so I I've seen very few of these bumper stickers, thank GOD (erm, is the "G-Word" OK to say?? LOL!)!
    But when I DO see them it is as anti-American as you can get. Yes, I voted for George Bush. But if Kerry had won the election, I would have been upset, clearly, but I would NEVER have slammed my country's leader publically, for all the world to see. We as Americans can only do well by our country as a united front. I say, if he's NOT YOUR PRESIDENT...Then follow up on that and MOVE to France, Canada,etc. And be SURE to take Michael Moore with you, while you're at it! :finger3:

Oh! And by the way.. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND our President George W. Bush! Oh YEAH!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    That kind of bumper sticker makes no sense really. He won all around this time,popular vote and all,so what the hell is their problem? These people are idiots. They actually seem to believe if you don't like who is voted in,you can just say "he's not my president".

3. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    It is interesting. The only way that he is "not their President" is if they are Not a Citizen of My Country.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. GWBfan

GWBfan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    He IS your president if you reside in the 50 states. Regardless of your vote. I reiterate once again..If you choose to stand against our leadership and the government and morals upon which it's stood for decades, then you are creating a national threat. Bring it on. But read your bible first, because those before you who have will shoot you down.

If you pray for our administration, our troops, and their families and loved ones, I welcome these prayers with love and am lighting a flame for them as well. I am also praying for those who are in the face of war at any capacity, whose friends and family are not willing to get past their politics.
    This is an ugly war, but the most UGLY aspect is any lack of unification between our citizens.
    If you are a Michael Moore fan, please remove him from any lists/posts/etc..He is toxic to our country and it's well being. He is an anti-American communist. He needs to be silenced, the youth are his prey..

5. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    if he ain't your president then shut the fook up and stop complaining ya moron

6. Polystyrate

Polystyrate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    "The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of people you don't agree with." ---Eleanor Holmes Norton

Way too support freedom of speech guys.

7. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    1st, that quote isn't true. Dictators often do a swell job makng sure only people they agree with can speek, while not protecting the rights of others to do the same.

2ndly, yeah, they can say whatever the hell they want. But saying that is anti-American.

Note: Anti-American, not un-American. Speaking ones mind, no matter how disgusting the thought, is not going against the American principles. But the prefix "anti" means "against". To say the POTUS is not "your president", means that you do not accept that he earned the postion. The American constitution DOES accept that he earned the position. Therefore, your assertion that he is "not your president" directly conflicts with the American government system. It is against it. Anti-American.

8. Polystyrate

Polystyrate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, we will see how supporting and understanding you all will be when the next democratic president/party you didnt vote for rules the government. Your not gonna last long if everyperson who you dissagree with, you immediatly slander or shut down. Disliking bush does not make you anti-american, it makes you anti-bush. Everyone who disliked Clinton would then have been anti-american for eight years with your logic. So then wouldn't G.W. have been anti-american in 1992 to 2000?

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    So who's your choice for 2008?

10. Polystyrate

Polystyrate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    How could I even begin to choose when I dont even know whos running? Unlike alot of people now a days I don't choose based on party. When I see who is in the primaries, i'll do some research and see who i like, then go from there.