Not Looking Good For The Democrats...

Sure, about as much as the Dems did for more bodybags coming home from Iraq when Bush was in office. Never said I wanted any of this to happen, but the reality is that it's possible. And quite frankly, I'm not too thrilled with Obama's handling of foreign policy or with terrorism.
what dont you agree with?

I support Obama over the buffoons that the GOP has put up to run against him, however, I completely disagreed with Obama's "doubling down" on Afghanistan. He should have pulled our troops out of there, just as he planned to do with the ones in Iraq. Mistake on his part, IMHO.
i can understand that. i do believe that if we had just cut and run, the AQ would have come back and used it launch more attacks against it. it was one of those damned if you do and damned if you dont situations.

1. "The Hill Poll: Voter gloom over Obama’s jobs, gas, debt policies

2. Half of likely voters expect the Supreme Court to strike down President Obama’s signature healthcare law, and strong majorities see other major policies coming from the White House making life more difficult for themselves and the country, according to this week’s The Hill Poll.

3. The poll indicated that 49 percent of likely voters said they expect a court ruling that is unfavorable to the Affordable Care Act, while just 29 percent think it will be upheld and 22 percent aren’t sure.

4. On economic issues, 62 percent of voters say Obama’s policies will increase the debt, while 25 percent think they will cut it, and by a 48-percent-to-38-percent margin, voters believe those policies will increase joblessness rather than put people back to work.

5. On energy, 58 percent say Obama’s policies will result in gasoline prices increasing, while just 20 percent expect them to cut prices — and by a 46-percent-to-36-percent margin, voters believe they will cause the United States to become even more dependent on foreign oil.

6. Voters’ wide-ranging pessimism comes as gasoline prices have risen sharply, which often dampens attitudes among U.S. voters toward those in power,...

7. ...a Fox News poll released Wednesday found that 58 percent of voters had seen signs of economic progress. And a Washington Post/ABC News poll that concluded March 10 found that 49 percent think the economy is beginning to recover, compared with 36 percent in November.

8. On every question, a majority or plurality of white voters said they expected Obama’s policies to fail — while a majority or plurality of black voters expect them to succeed.

a. ... blacks by a 46-percent-to-39-percent margin...

9. There also is a slight gender gap between men and women, although both concluded that most of Obama’s policies would be counterproductive.

10. Sixty-nine percent of independents predicted the federal debt would increase as a result of Obama’s presidency, and 61 percent predicted an increase in gas prices."
The Hill Poll: Voter gloom over Obama

An aside....I believe that if the Supreme Court finds against ObamaCare...this would actually increase the President's chances, as it reduces the immediacy of voting against him...

....but he'll still lose.

Obama will be in office until 2016. The Dems should lose the Senate though.

They aren't going to lose the senate either.
i think many on the right simply believe that if someone doesnt like what the dems offer they will automatically vote for the GOP. they could simply vote 3rd party or not at all.

what dont you agree with?

I support Obama over the buffoons that the GOP has put up to run against him, however, I completely disagreed with Obama's "doubling down" on Afghanistan. He should have pulled our troops out of there, just as he planned to do with the ones in Iraq. Mistake on his part, IMHO.
i can understand that. i do believe that if we had just cut and run, the AQ would have come back and used it launch more attacks against it. it was one of those damned if you do and damned if you dont situations.

Even so...we are supposed to have the largest, most technologically advanced and powerful militaries in the WORLD. What can AQ do to America?

2. Half of likely voters expect the Supreme Court to strike down President Obama’s signature healthcare law, and strong majorities see other major policies coming from the White House making life more difficult for themselves and the country, according to this week’s The Hill Poll.

3. The poll indicated that 49 percent of likely voters said they expect a court ruling that is unfavorable to the Affordable Care Act, while just 29 percent think it will be upheld and 22 percent aren’t sure.

4. On economic issues, 62 percent of voters say Obama’s policies will increase the debt, while 25 percent think they will cut it, and by a 48-percent-to-38-percent margin, voters believe those policies will increase joblessness rather than put people back to work.

5. On energy, 58 percent say Obama’s policies will result in gasoline prices increasing, while just 20 percent expect them to cut prices — and by a 46-percent-to-36-percent margin, voters believe they will cause the United States to become even more dependent on foreign oil.

6. Voters’ wide-ranging pessimism comes as gasoline prices have risen sharply, which often dampens attitudes among U.S. voters toward those in power,...

7. ...a Fox News poll released Wednesday found that 58 percent of voters had seen signs of economic progress. And a Washington Post/ABC News poll that concluded March 10 found that 49 percent think the economy is beginning to recover, compared with 36 percent in November.

8. On every question, a majority or plurality of white voters said they expected Obama’s policies to fail — while a majority or plurality of black voters expect them to succeed.

9. There also is a slight gender gap between men and women, although both concluded that most of Obama’s policies would be counterproductive.

10. Sixty-nine percent of independents predicted the federal debt would increase as a result of Obama’s presidency, and 61 percent predicted an increase in gas prices."

An aside....I believe that if the Supreme Court finds against ObamaCare...this would actually increase the President's chances, as it reduces the immediacy of voting against him...

The Republicans had the Senate in 2010 and they fucked it up. I fully expect them to do the same in 2012. All they have to do is keep their mouths shut and ride the wave of Congressional discontent among voters

I seriously doubt they can keep their mouths shut

A WAPO column stated that Obama turned down tax-increases the GOP offered to him counter to his claims that Republicans wouldn't budge. Turns out he wanted to run on a do-nothing congress platform, so he essentially said no to their yes.

Obama lied about it so he could go around them.

Last edited:
Plus there's this: what happens if we have a successful terrorist attack here before election day? If it appears that Obama's policies were inadequate, that'll really kill his chances. Other issue is, will Israel strike Iran's nuke facilities? That whole region could go up in war and conflict, and Obama could get some blame for it. As it is, it's hard to believe he'll get nearly as much support from the Jewish voters that he got in 2008.

I Guess Republicans can always pray can't they?

Sure, about as much as the Dems did for more bodybags coming home from Iraq when Bush was in office. Never said I wanted any of this to happen, but the reality is that it's possible. And quite frankly, I'm not too thrilled with Obama's handling of foreign policy or with terrorism.

Aren't you part of the "Bush kept us safe for seven (not eight) years party?

It's the same party as "Bush had a good economy for seven (not eight) years

Last edited:
the people dont want more obstruction and nothing getting done.

they wont vote for a split government

wheres Chris and Rdean? :badgrin:

The Republicans had the Senate in 2010 and they fucked it up. I fully expect them to do the same in 2012. All they have to do is keep their mouths shut and ride the wave of Congressional discontent among voters

How exactly did they fuck it up? They had a democrat controlled senate that would not even bring any bills to the floor that the house sent to them. If anybody fucked shit up it was the democrat controlled senate, not the house GOP. And most people out there who are aware of how shit works sees it. The only thing you can do now is hope the ignorant voters of the democrat party dont catch on.

Sharon Angle
Christine O'Donnell
Carl Palodino

Ken Buck
Joe Miller

hey bobo...the ONLY reason obama doesn't have 2 bona fide bombings with casualties on his record is becasue allah and jesus had a wrestling match over the fuses and Jesus won....so you should probably stfu and count your lucky stars.

Not me. I'm a member of they're all a bunch of assholes party. But you do know that Obama is employing most of the Bush admin's policies, right? He gets into trouble when he strays from what made sense into lala-liberal land where we treat terrorists as common criminals.

Not me. I'm a member of they're all a bunch of assholes party. But you do know that Obama is employing most of the Bush admin's policies, right? He gets into trouble when he strays from what made sense into lala-liberal land where we treat terrorists as common criminals.

I forgot....

He did follow the "Bin Laden, Dead or Alive" policy

Even so...we are supposed to have the largest, most technologically advanced and powerful militaries in the WORLD. What can AQ do to America?

9/11/2001

^^^^^^^
A few more of those could hurt us pretty bad economically, I would think. And they wouldn't have to deal with a single US military member, either.

i think many on the right simply believe that if someone doesnt like what the dems offer they will automatically vote for the GOP. they could simply vote 3rd party or not at all.

I keep asking who they think is going to beat Obama but nobody ever seems to know.

we still have instances of terrorism. the shoe bomber, the underwear bomber, the time square bomber.....

have a giant military doesnt necessarily prevent these things.

9/11/2001

^^^^^^^
A few more of those could hurt us pretty bad economically, I would think. And they wouldn't have to deal with a single US military member, either.

Thank you. Now if we could just get the Republicans and their supporters to realize all of the money we are wasting on this military, perhaps we could have affordable health insurance for our citizens?

9/11/2001

^^^^^^^

Thank you. Now if we could just get the Republicans and their supporters to realize all of the money we are wasting on this military, perhaps we could have affordable health insurance for our citizens?

No argument there, but that's their own sacred cow, so good luck with that.

A WAPO column stated that Obama turned down tax-increases the GOP offered to him counter to his claims that Republicans wouldn't budge. Turns out he wanted to run on a do-nothing congress platform, so he essentially so no to their yes.

Obama lied about it so he could go around them.

absolutely ......we are still waiting on the notes Obama said he was going to produce that would show Boehner backed off, not that obama himself blew it up suddenly demanding another $400 Billion which is exactly what happened, Obama got word McConnell and ried had a deal in the senate but obama cold not let that happen, just like he poisoned the 2007 immigration bill, the issue was more important to him than fixing it.

And also, there too, from a ClusterF_ux News poll-------President Obama wins in a landslide against the best the Republicans have to offer.

Poll-itics: President Obama still beats all Republicans, including Rick Santorum by twelve points | The Political Carnival

March 14, 2012

This moment of good news is brought to you by, of all places… Fox.

In a head to head match up, President Obama would beat Willard Romney 46%-42% (of registered voters), Newton Leroy Gingrich 52-35, Rick Santorum 51-39.

The president– again, this is a Fox poll– scores an approval rating of 47%, with a disapproval of 45%. So, he’s “above water” as so many journalists call it.
Compare that to Romney’s favorables at 39% with a 49% unfavorable.

Ricky gets a 35% positive, 47% negative opinion.
And just FYI, more approvals/disapprovals: Ron Paul is at 35-44, and Newtie has a 23-67 split.

Interestingly, the “If you’ve never heard of one, please just say so” option resulted in everyone knowing who President Obama is, but 1% never heard of the Democratic Party, 2% saw Mitt Romney’s name and said, “Never heard of him,” 6% blanked out on Ron Paul, 8% said, “Who?” to Rick Santorum, 5% scratched their heads at the mention of the tea party, and 3% wondered who the hell Newt was.

9/11/2001

^^^^^^^

oh please...the militarys budget has always been amenable to cuts, if you don't know that its becasue you don't want to look at its budgetary history, aside from that, the military has taken cuts over the last 18 months, real cuts not just baseline BS either.

Any cuts from entitlements?

becasue they have not made any I can see, so is that fair? yes or no.

Forum List

Back