Not good from a high ranking Democrat: Rockefeller on Obama: Prez isn't 'Believable'

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
This shows Obama is losing support and dissension in the Democrat Party. Maybe this is why Obama said he was going to start using executive priviledge to push his agenda through bypassing Congress. Obama is a liar pure and simple and Rockefeller knows it.

Rockefeller on Obama: Prez isn't 'believable'
Obama Pushes The Dictator Button | NewsReal Blog
Republican Rep. Joe Wilson created waves that left Washington rocking for weeks by shouting "You lie" to Barack Obama during the president's address to Congress last fall, and now a similar message has been delivered by a member of the president's own party.

Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., told an audience today the president is "beginning to be not believable to me."

The comment was just the latest evidence of the dissension in the Democratic Party that prevented Obama from passing his health care proposal last year despite having a significant party majority in the U.S. House and a supermajority of 60 votes in the Senate.

Rockefeller, a Democrat in a family of lifelong Republicans, was referring to Obama's proposed budget that would cut tax incentives to coal mining companies.

The cut would hit West Virginia's coal industry hard, and Rockefeller's dissatisfaction was evident in the video posted on Real Clear Politics.

Obama's budget proposal would kill $2.3 billion in coal tax breaks, Rockefeller pointed out.

Obama said during the campaign that he wanted to eliminate the coal mining industry in this country.
Where was Jay then?
You really have to wonder just how stupid some of our reps are that only now they are figuring out Obama is a liar and a phoney. To anyone with two eyes this was obvious before the primaries were over.

I wonder what part of Obama's promise to make energy costs "skyrocket" that everyone seems to have missed? I don't see drilling in ANWR, or off-shore. I hear a lot of bullshit from DC, but no real action. Sooner or later voters are bound to notice....

I'm not sure I understand your point here. A Congressman's job is to represent their district, and who in their right minds would expect a congressman to agree with the President when the President is proposing to cut subsidies to their home state, regardless of party?

I'm not sure I understand your point here. A Congressman's job is to represent their district, and who in their right minds would expect a congressman to agree with the President when the President is proposing to cut subsidies to their home state, regardless of party?

The point isn ot that Rockefeller disagrees with the president on policy. That happens. The point is that Rockefeller is saying the president is a liar. That doesn't happen. It's true, of course. But when mainline Democrats say that about their party head then the party is in deep trouble.

This shows Obama is losing support and dissension in the Democrat Party. Maybe this is why Obama said he was going to start using executive priviledge to push his agenda through bypassing Congress. Obama is a liar pure and simple and Rockefeller knows it.

Rockefeller on Obama: Prez isn't 'believable'
Obama Pushes The Dictator Button | NewsReal Blog
Republican Rep. Joe Wilson created waves that left Washington rocking for weeks by shouting "You lie" to Barack Obama during the president's address to Congress last fall, and now a similar message has been delivered by a member of the president's own party.

Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., told an audience today the president is "beginning to be not believable to me."

The comment was just the latest evidence of the dissension in the Democratic Party that prevented Obama from passing his health care proposal last year despite having a significant party majority in the U.S. House and a supermajority of 60 votes in the Senate.

Rockefeller, a Democrat in a family of lifelong Republicans, was referring to Obama's proposed budget that would cut tax incentives to coal mining companies.

The cut would hit West Virginia's coal industry hard, and Rockefeller's dissatisfaction was evident in the video posted on Real Clear Politics.

Obama's budget proposal would kill $2.3 billion in coal tax breaks, Rockefeller pointed out.

OMG! Obama is losing dissension????

Uh, earth to wingnuts:
Rockefeller is pissed that Obama is not liberal enough.
Wouldn't it be nice to see Republicans have some dissent instead of the Onward Christian soldier mentality on that side of the aisle?

Uh, earth to wingnuts:
Rockefeller is pissed that Obama is not liberal enough.
Wouldn't it be nice to see Republicans have some dissent instead of the Onward Christian Soldier mentality on that side of the aisle?

Lets see, the dems had 60 senate votes, and now "only" have 59. The dems control Congress, and now they are whining if the GOP doesn't toe their moronic line? Get real. If VA, NJ and Ted's seat weren't enough, just wait to see what happens this November.

If the dems want to save seats, save SS & Medicare, then create jobs, drill in ANWR and off-shore. Start incentives to power vehicles w/CNG, start planning HSR and upgrading public trans systems. DO SOMETHING INTELLIGENT! All it looks like now is that the chimps are in-charge of the zoo.

The point isn ot that Rockefeller disagrees with the president on policy. That happens. The point is that Rockefeller is saying the president is a liar. That doesn't happen. It's true, of course. But when mainline Democrats say that about their party head then the party is in deep trouble.

Not quite. But it's understandable, you've had some reading comprehension problems before.

Forum List

Back