Not for the Willfully Ignorant

Someday these fools will regret licking the feet of their enslavers.

I doubt it. They're way too stupid to realize they're getting screwed by their idols on a daily basis.

Just look at the number of anti-union threads. Working people pissed off about other working people because they might have gotten themselves a better deal.

If unions are so wonderful why does membership continually decline? Why is Toyota able to operate plants in am traditionally union dominated industry and keep unions out? Why are unions lobbying to eliminate the right to a secret ballot?

We live in times now where a Private enterprise 'company' can be bigger than a nation itself . There are now companies bigger than many former powerful nations such as holland and spain.

The issue is are companaies compatiable with nationality. A company can go where it wants effecitvely and now its nations who bend over backwards to impress them to bring their 'investment' to their region

And what is that will attract a huge company or investor to come to you? Your willingness to accept their terms. So who has the power these days and will this tend continue..

you should be alarmed just how little power your democratic systems now have.

Money has the power over your life that you let it have. Monopoly, special Privilege, give the big money advantages that would otherwise be less. When you have the freedom to not do business with, there is less power over you. As a consumer you should be able to choose what you support. Should our Constitution be taken seriously, and our government decide to protect for the common good against all enemies foreign and domestic, including the threat of Corporate and Government Tyranny, we will be better off. So will Italy and Europe if you would do the same.

The lack of money has much greater power over the individual, wouldn't you agree?
The question is, is liberty to be defined as the right to live in poverty? Is it really freedom when 85% of each dollar earned may go to the wealthiest 1% of our citizens?

I chose not to let money have any real power over my life. That has resulted in the lack of money not having power over my life either. The only reason the lack of money has power over any individual's life is because they want money to have power over their life.

The people have no control over the CEO/CFO's of corporate America; they do have power over who represents them in the Congress.
A member of Congress has a duty to represent his district or state; both of which send lobbyists to Wash. D.C.
Lobbyists can and do provide information to decision makers and their aides, unfortunately they also provide tickets, booze, sex and drugs; future jobs and promises too.
My suggestion, watch their feet, not their lips (it's not what they say but what they do that matters) Hence, an educated and informed voter is the greatest safeguard; sadly, knowing this an effort is made by some to guise opinion as fact and unprovable axioms as immutable truths (listen to Rush Limbaugh for examples).

The government does have control over corporations, just not total control. Laws can be made to regulate how they operate, I do not deny that.

Your politicains say the government is here to serve those corporations not regulate them

So do yours.

Money has the power over your life that you let it have. Monopoly, special Privilege, give the big money advantages that would otherwise be less. When you have the freedom to not do business with, there is less power over you. As a consumer you should be able to choose what you support. Should our Constitution be taken seriously, and our government decide to protect for the common good against all enemies foreign and domestic, including the threat of Corporate and Government Tyranny, we will be better off. So will Italy and Europe if you would do the same.

The lack of money has much greater power over the individual, wouldn't you agree?
The question is, is liberty to be defined as the right to live in poverty? Is it really freedom when 85% of each dollar earned may go to the wealthiest 1% of our citizens?

I chose not to let money have any real power over my life. That has resulted in the lack of money not having power over my life either. The only reason the lack of money has power over any individual's life is because they want money to have power over their life.

You last sentence is clear and convincing evidence you are a callous conservative.

You last sentence is clear and convincing evidence you are a callous conservative.

If by callous conservative you mean smarter than you you are entirely correct.

Why is the solution to politicains you dont like include the reduction of who the people can choose?

Because you dont care about REAL solutions you just want easy fixes, IT WONT WORK

Imposing term limits on congress or the senate would be one of the hardest things ever accomplished. How is that the easy solution?

The longer a politician stays in power, the greater the chance that they are absorbed by the system and become out of touch with thier constituents. The bigger problem is certain parties have almost absolute control over the local elections, basically turning the primary into the actual election.

I doubt it. They're way too stupid to realize they're getting screwed by their idols on a daily basis.

Just look at the number of anti-union threads. Working people pissed off about other working people because they might have gotten themselves a better deal.

That's not it at all. By your prejudice I assume you are a Union Member. Fair Labor Law should not be a matter of Privilege, but fairness. No the Law's are not perfect, nor are they addressed with all of the bullshit in the way, that includes the political arm of your unions. Defending incompetency is another issue among many on the list. The best thing this Nation can do is remove all unions from Government. You have further corrupted the system and there is no reason or need for it.

That's not it at all. By your prejudice I assume you are a Union Member. Fair Labor Law should not be a matter of Privilege, but fairness. No the Law's are not perfect, nor are they addressed with all of the bullshit in the way, that includes the political arm of your unions. Defending incompetency is another issue among many on the list. The best thing this Nation can do is remove all unions from Government. You have further corrupted the system and there is no reason or need for it.

Your assumption is wrong.

After quickly perusing this, two comments:

- As we are no longer a manufacturing society, comparing the Average CEO's pay the the Average Factory Worker is nonsense. Many Average CEOs works in companies that have no factory workers.

- The Government's promotion of Home Ownership actually eroded wealth for the Average American. Such misguided social engineering always backfires.

I'd also like to see the Race Based Data adjusted for married vs. single households, and for children/no children.

Net net, the piece reference in the OP is typical class & race warfare propaganda. Not surprising considering the UC Santa Cruz genesis.

Last edited:

Your assumption is wrong.

What is your connection then or do just see them above criticism? If so, why? How? How do you think Union interests effect politics and legislation?

After quickly perusing this, two comments:

- As we are no longer a manufacturing society, comparing the Average CEO's pay the the Average Factory Worker is nonsense. Many Average CEOs works in companies that have no factory workers.

- The Government's promotion of Home Ownership actually eroded wealth for the Average American. Such misguided social engineering always backfires.

I'd also like to see the Race Based Data adjusted for married vs. single households, and for children/no children.

Net net, the piece reference in the OP is typical class & race warfare propaganda. Not surprising considering the UC Santa Cruz genesis.

Hey, don't go knocking UC Santa Cruz now! ;) :lol:

Forum List

Back