Not everyone wants all electric automobiles

Its a cleaner energy for starters.
Sure, you can charge it with a coal fired power plant.

I'll miss the music.

I miss my old Mopar Muscle and Pony cars. I would have one sitting in the yard right now but they are now out of my price range. And at 6 mpg when not being punched, I can't afford to feed them. Funny, my 2005 Dodge Magnum RT has the same type or performances as the old stock BBs and gets 15 to 16mpg around town and right around 30 on interstate. But in the next 5 years, that type of car will become out of productions as well. The V-8 performance engines are going south fast.

that has yet to be proven,,
Maybe in Qannon circles but the rest of the world already knows this.
how can you know the long term effects on something that hasnt ever existed before??
Electricity has been around a long time. The computer you are on right now uses it. How much pollution does your computer produce?

So no pollution in the use of electricity?
Significantly less than burning fossil fuels.

So no fossil fuels are involved in the use of electricity?
Who told you that? Currently most electricity is generated by fossil fuels....with the exception of sun and wind generated electricity. I have some security cameras and lights that run off solar.

Around here, the majority of the Electricity is generate by Hydro Electric. And has been for the past 40 years. #2 is Natural Gas and we got rid of all our Coal and Oil Fired Plants. Over 20% of the Electricity is now from Wind and Solar around here. Our VA Hospital used to use coal and oil to make it's own electric power. Today, the outdoor parking is covered by Solar Panels and they don't spend a dime on the electric grid outside of the minimum hookup charge.

Every new commercial build here gets solar power. Not because the Government required it (they don't) but because it make more sense for the capitalistic bottom line. Times march on with or without you.

Is hydro good for river species

how can you know the long term effects on something that hasnt ever existed before??
Electricity has been around a long time. The computer you are on right now uses it. How much pollution does your computer produce?

Who told you that? Currently most electricity is generated by fossil fuels....with the exception of sun and wind generated electricity. I have some security cameras and lights that run off solar.

Around here, the majority of the Electricity is generate by Hydro Electric. And has been for the past 40 years. #2 is Natural Gas and we got rid of all our Coal and Oil Fired Plants. Over 20% of the Electricity is now from Wind and Solar around here. Our VA Hospital used to use coal and oil to make it's own electric power. Today, the outdoor parking is covered by Solar Panels and they don't spend a dime on the electric grid outside of the minimum hookup charge.

Every new commercial build here gets solar power. Not because the Government required it (they don't) but because it make more sense for the capitalistic bottom line. Times march on with or without you.

For small projects it has little affect. But in the 60s and early 70, the Curcanti series was put in in the Black Canyon and it even engulfed entire small towns. They would never do such a project today.

I know of no EV that will tow my gas guzzling snowmobiles or boat the distances I travel to my favorite areas. Usually very rural with few services.
Nor do I know of any that will tow a heavy duty work trailer to multiple job sites. Still wish to buy a towable camper.
If an EV works for some folks, fine. Nothing against new technology, but until my requirements are met, I will stick with a large V8.

I know of no EV that will tow my gas guzzling snowmobiles or boat the distances I travel to my favorite areas. Usually very rural with few services.
Nor do I know of any that will tow a heavy duty work trailer to multiple job sites. Still wish to buy a towable camper.
If an EV works for some folks, fine. Nothing against new technology, but until my requirements are met, I will stick with a large V8.

Does a towing capacity of 35,000 lbs make the grade with a 500 mile range at under 85K in price? I know that a comparable Gas or Diesel truck with that performance will cost either than much or nearly that much.

Electric Trucks - Every Upcoming Pickup Truck for 2021-2022

Electricity has been around a long time.
you cant be that stupid can you???
Youre the one claiming electric powered devices have not existed before. Are you stupid or just being paid to pretend you are?
where did I say that???
Post #6 you idiot.

you should go back and read it,, cause thats not what I said,,
What were you saying hasnt existed before? We were talking about electric powered cars.
correct,, and then you started talking about electricity and other devices,,,
You do realize an electric car is a electric powered device right?

You do realize that the only way to generate enough electric power is through coal and oil...right? And the mining needed to make those batteries is as dirty or dirtier than using coal, oil and natural gas....and the batteries are environmental disasters when they are old and no longer working.......

You guys are so dumb........you don't think anything through...
"You do realize that the only way to generate enough electric power is through coal and oil...right?"

False
Only if youre a Qannon believer. Other people already know the facts about solar powered cars.

not really inspiring there bub..yeah they are working on it but arent close

Not everyone in the world wants or can accept all electric automobiles. Why are certain factions in the US trying to force this all electric cars on the entire world?. It is not right or logical.
Surely you know why people want to reduce emissions.

By destroying fossil fuels, the Global Elite are going to make having a private automobile so expensive that it will once again become a status symbol that only the Very Very Rich can afford. And another piece of the agenda is to herd all of the serfs into high density tenement slums where they are much easier to control.
All ready there electric vehicles in the 30 k range. So there goes that argument.

Not everyone in the world wants or can accept all electric automobiles. Why are certain factions in the US trying to force this all electric cars on the entire world?. It is not right or logical.

Not everyone wanted or could accept Gasoline and Diesel powered cars either. In the 1903 World Automotive Fair, the Cars and Trucks only had one example of a Gasoline Powered vehicle. Horses were still dominant as #1. Diesel came in as #2, Electric came in as #3 and at a very distant came the Steam at #4. Gasoline wasn't even considered. But from the one model, things changed fast. It was changed by one gas powered care all by itself, the Model T. Change had to happen. Horses were on their way out. But not everyone wished to see them go and staunchly fought against it. But large Cities really had no choice since the deaths and health hazards from Horse Shit were more than they could handle. While the gasoline engine isn't the cleanest thing, it certainly was healthier than all that regenerated manure piled about.

Around here, we have the right to ride our horses or carriages. But you have to clean up after your horse and you think a pooper scooper is big for a dog is a hassle. People get downright contrary when the splash horse shit up under their under carriage. Same will go for your Gasoline Powered Car. If you can come up with a way for you to clean things up yourself, then you can have the right to buy another new one. They won't stop you from driving your gas guzzler but they will stop making new ones. And I will still be driving my Grocery Getter with a bad Attitude but I also drive an electric which isn't nearly as much fun to drive.

So, you, they won't force you to give your Gas Guzzler. They just won't make new ones nor make parts for it. And in time, the Junk Yards will run out of parts as well. Then, you will be driving an Electric. Maybe no in my lifetime but there are others on the Board that will see it in theirs.

Oh please I can machine anything

View attachment 451192

If you are Fred Flintstone. Try this one. a 3D that can even do Stainless steel. Price? If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

3d-printer-x7_x2.png

Tell it to GM

The handwriting is on the wall

Youre the one claiming electric powered devices have not existed before. Are you stupid or just being paid to pretend you are?
where did I say that???
Post #6 you idiot.

What were you saying hasnt existed before? We were talking about electric powered cars.

You do realize that the only way to generate enough electric power is through coal and oil...right? And the mining needed to make those batteries is as dirty or dirtier than using coal, oil and natural gas....and the batteries are environmental disasters when they are old and no longer working.......

"You do realize that the only way to generate enough electric power is through coal and oil...right?"

False
Only if youre a Qannon believer. Other people already know the facts about solar powered cars.

Its hard to inspire conservatives. They have trouble visualizing anything past the next day.

where did I say that???
Post #6 you idiot.

False

Its hard to inspire conservatives. They have trouble visualizing anything past the next day.
USual BS...difference between inspire and force. Have posted on this site an EV i might buy if it lives up to its claims. Early Leaf buyers had nothing but regrets,

where did I say that???
Post #6 you idiot.

False

USual BS...difference between inspire and force. Have posted on this site an EV i might buy if it lives up to its claims. Early Leaf buyers had nothing but regrets,
No one is forcing you. You can keep your fossil fuel burner long after electric cars become the norm. I said inspire. Early adopters of most technology have regrets. However, those with vision can use that to change the world and make it a less poisonous place to live.

For small projects it has little affect. But in the 60s and early 70, the Curcanti series was put in in the Black Canyon and it even engulfed entire small towns. They would never do such a project today.

Tell that to the salmon steelhead Striped bass shad And other andromedus fish stocks that have been devastated by dams on free-flowing Rivers

Last edited:

View attachment 451190

How much hazardous waste does you battery produce when it has to be replaced and how are you planning on producing enough electricity to recharge that battery?

******SMILE*****

:)

See...it is questions like that that force left wingers to call people racists.......you ask a question like that because you are...like a racist......so they don't have to answer your question...

Right?

where did I say that???
Post #6 you idiot.

False

No one is forcing you. You can keep your fossil fuel burner long after electric cars become the norm. I said inspire. Early adopters of most technology have regrets. However, those with vision can use that to change the world and make it a less poisonous place to live.

Yeah...that ain't how they plan on doing this.......they are going to make people get rid of their gas cars.....

By destroying fossil fuels, the Global Elite are going to make having a private automobile so expensive that it will once again become a status symbol that only the Very Very Rich can afford. And another piece of the agenda is to herd all of the serfs into high density tenement slums where they are much easier to control.
All ready there electric vehicles in the 30 k range. So there goes that argument.

When you make $15 per hour (the soon to be Federal minimum and maximum after-tax wage because EQUITY!), a $30K car is unafforable. You also didn't factor in the cost of electricity. Without fossil fuels, electricity prices are going to skyrocket and we will see brown and black outs due to the instability of "renewable" and the poor quality of the grid. A car you can't recharge doesn't go anywhere, bub.

When your new electric vehicle is traveling on long interstate highways and the fuel is very nearly gone
good luck plugging in in some little out of the way wide spot in the road.

Yep.....how about this....you get home and forget to plug in your car....next morning....you don't have enough charge to get to work......so you have to wait for the battery to charge

If you have installed a fast charger...to get to 80% takes a half hour............the last 20% to get to 100% doubles that time..........

Meanwhile....the gas powered car? 10 minutes ......if that.

If a car has a 10-kW charger and a 100-kWh battery pack, it would, in theory, take 10 hours to charge a fully depleted battery.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back