'Not enough' troops, equipment in Puerto Rico, says general in charge of relief

You havent proved it was quicker...

Did you not read the article I posted?

I proved it a failure after five yrs half million vicitms still suffering....you must hate them ...rrrigghttt

Do you seriously not see why what you're arguing here is irrelevant? Haiti is a mess. It would have taken a lot more effort to get everybody back on track. The thing that's pertinent is the size and speed of our help right after the disaster. If you're suggesting that our presence is Haiti didn't help them a lot in those very desperate times, well, I don't really know what to say.

international response.........apples and oranges......,,,,PR isnt only place affected we have resources spread about Carib

Yes, it was an international response, and our contribution to that response was bigger and got there quicker than the response for Puerto Rico. You seriously don't see any issue with that? We sent more help more quickly to an international effort than we did to a disaster area that impacted Americans.

Last edited:
international response.........apples and oranges......,,,,PR isnt only place affected we have resources spread about Carib

Yes, it was an international response, and our contribution to that response was bigger and got there quicker than the response for Puerto Rico. You seriously don't see any issue with that? We sent more help more quickly to an international effort than we did to a disaster area that impacted Americans.
Uh no...we were on station day one in PR........fail

BTW what was the PR govts disaster prep plan.....classs.......anyone

How does an island prepare for such a thing?

He's trying to shift blame to Puerto Rico to avoid trying to rationalize why we had a bigger response in Haiti. There really isn't an excuse; the resource argument is nonsense. We have the most powerful military on Earth, and it's more than capable of providing powerful disaster relief to areas in and around the continental U.S, even simultaneously.

About 17 years ago Marxist Puerto Rican activists managed to get the government to kick the U.S. Marines out of a base on Vieques that they had been using for 60 years. Wouldn't it have been nice if the Marines were still around with helicopters, amphibious vehicles and manpower? I haven't heard them apologize.

So what about my question though? Why a bigger and quicker response for people that are not U.S citizens?

You glossed right on over that real quick. The troops could have already been there, but Marxist Ricans kicked them out in 2003.

I wonder how that Bori terrorist that Obama released is doing? I hope he's in PR.

You glossed right on over that real quick. The troops could have already been there, but Marxist Ricans kicked them out in 2003.

I wonder how that Bori terrorist that Obama released is doing? I hope he's in PR.

I glossed over your argument because it didn't really address mine. You want to shift blame to Puerto Rico instead of being intellectually honest and addressing the fact that we had a better help response for non-americans. I guess maybe a marine base that was shut down a couple decades ago might have been able to help some, but it's asinine to use that to try to defeat the point I made.

Well they knew they would need water at least....did they fly any in.....how bout rations......fly in any of those and preposition them in remote areas..........did they in fact do anything civil defense related

You really think they didn't do any of that to the best of their ability as a tiny island? :banghead:

I glossed over your argument because it didn't really address mine. You want to shift blame to Puerto Rico instead of being intellectually honest and addressing the fact that we had a better help response for non-americans.

Actually it does, and Haiti relief was many more countries than America, and it's still wiped out 5 years later.

The Clinton's used it as an excuse to loot Haiti. That's one reason they were quick to rush over there. It's not so much they looted Haiti, they just took money to help Haiti and pocketed it instead of helping Haiti.

How the Clinton Foundation Got Rich off Poor Haitians

This continued when Hillary was Sec of State:

High Hopes for Hillary Clinton, Then Disappointment in Haiti

PR will be rebuilt quickly.

Last edited:
Well they knew they would need water at least....did they fly any in.....how bout rations......fly in any of those and preposition them in remote areas..........did they in fact do anything civil defense related

You really think they didn't do any of that to the best of their ability as a tiny island? :banghead:
havent seen any signs they did......perhaps you have more than assumptions eh.......

Actually it does.

You honestly believe that telling me about a marine base that Puerto Rico had shut down almost 20 years ago defeats my point that there's no good excuse for a bigger response to the Haiti disaster? It sounds more like you just want to say "They deserve it for being dirty Marxists." Your argument isn't good dude, and it certainly doesn't address my own.

and Haiti relief was many more countries than America, and it's still wiped out 5 years later.

Yes, but our initial response to the disaster (you know, when people need it the most) was significantly bigger.

Actually it does.

You honestly believe that telling me about a marine base that Puerto Rico had shut down almost 20 years ago defeats my point that there's no good excuse for a bigger response to the Haiti disaster? It sounds more like you just want to say "They deserve it for being dirty Marxists." Your argument isn't good dude, and it certainly doesn't address my own.

and Haiti relief was many more countries than America, and it's still wiped out 5 years later.

Yes, but our initial response to the disaster (you know, when people need it the most) was significantly bigger.

Monsanto can only suck South American villages' water table down and bottle it so fast, yannow. Supplies were depleted after 2 big hurricane hits to the mainland. With a lil ingenuity, people could distill seawater. :eek:

Monsanto can only suck South American villages' water table down and bottle it so fast, yannow. Supplies were depleted after 2 big hurricane hits to the mainland. With a lil ingenuity, people could distill seawater. :eek:

I thought we had determined that the amount of supplies are not the issue? It's the lack of manpower to get those supplies to the people that need them.

Forum List

Back