Not enough money to help Americans, but more than enough to put troops all over the world?

When I comes to helping Americans, whether it's disaster victims or those on food stamps, disabled or born into poverty, Republicans insist we don't have the money.

I never, ever thought I would say this, but it looks as if me and Pat Buchanan are on the same page when it comes to crazy, war mongering Republicans. This from the American Conservative:

Patrick J. Buchanan The American Conservative

Today, the entire Shiite Crescent—Iran, Iraq, Bashar Assad’s Syria, Hezbollah—is fighting ISIS. All these Shiites are de facto allies in any war against ISIS. But should we attack Iran, they will become enemies. And what would war with Iran mean for U.S. interests?

With its anti-ship missiles and hundreds of missile boats, Iran could imperil our fleet in the Persian Gulf and Arabian Sea. The Gulf could be closed to commercial shipping by a sinking or two. Hezbollah could go after the U.S. embassy in Beirut. The Green Zone in Baghdad could come under attack by Shiite militia loyal to Iran.

Listen for long to GOP foreign-policy voices, and you can hear calls for war on ISIS, al-Qaeda, Boko Haram, the Houthi rebels, the Assad regime, the Islamic Republic of Iran, to name but a few.

Are we to fight them all? How many U.S. troops will be needed? How long will all these wars take? What will the Middle East look like after we crush them all? Who will fill the vacuum if we go? Or must we stay forever?

Nor does this exhaust the GOP war menu. Enraged by Vladimir Putin’s defiance, Republicans are calling for U.S. weapons, trainers, even troops, to be sent to Ukraine and Moldova.

---------------------------------------------------------

When Republicans invaded Iraq, they knew nothing about the country, it's history, it's people or it's religion. And look at the disaster they caused. Now they want to fight everyone everywhere. Will America be stupid enough to follow the crazies? In the mean time, there are Americans who could use some help.
Obama is still fighting wars. And the war on poverty has been fought for decades with little to no success.
Republicans shouldn't pretend they want to help Americans in any way. Even you have to admit that.

Besides, what does that have to do with putting troops everywhere?

All those in favor of making Odium obama's economy czar say aye.

I think he already is...hence the problems that Barry is having with economics! :dance::dance::dance:
Look how much Republicans have helped get the country out of the mess they started?

Oh, that's right. They haven't.

In the meantime, USMB Republicans ignore the fact Republicans want to put troops all around our border and in the rest of the countries in the world where they aren't already. And they want to make the poor and middle class here pay for it leaving them with nothing.

Guess we are going to need a draft. We simply don't have that many troops and we know there is no way Republicans are going.

Not enough money to help Americans, but more than enough to put troops all over the world?

(patiently)

The Federal government isn't supposed to "help Americans" by handing out goodies to them. They are supposed to protect their rights. And otherwise stay out of their way. Says so right in the Constitution. Because sensible people know that will ultimately hurt more then it helps.

You want to hand them goodies, feel free to write them a check and/or fill up a truck or twenty. And persuade your neighbors to do the same. But quit trying to force others to do it.
How DARE YOU....

I think he already is...hence the problems that Barry is having with economics! :dance::dance::dance:
Look how much Republicans have helped get the country out of the mess they started?

In the meantime, USMB Republicans ignore the fact Republicans want to put troops all around our border and in the rest of the countries in the world where they aren't already. And they want to make the poor and middle class here pay for it leaving them with nothing.

Guess we are going to need a draft. We simply don't have that many troops and we know there is no way Republicans are going.

Do you smoke crack, R-Derp? I ask because it's the only thing I can think of that would make someone sound as stupid as you do whenever you're not cutting and pasting from Think Progress.

Do you smoke crack, R-Derp? I ask because it's the only thing I can think of that would make someone sound as stupid as you do whenever you're not cutting and pasting from Think Progress.
I rarely quote Think Progress". I don't have to. Republicans provide way too much material for me to both with that. In fact, many of my favorite links are from Fox. Like Republicans, Fox doesn't always recognize spectacular idiocy.

(patiently)

The Federal government isn't supposed to "help Americans" by handing out goodies to them. They are supposed to protect their rights. And otherwise stay out of their way. Says so right in the Constitution. Because sensible people know that will ultimately hurt more then it helps.

You want to hand them goodies, feel free to write them a check and/or fill up a truck or twenty. And persuade your neighbors to do the same. But quit trying to force others to do it.
How DARE YOU....
Goodies like food, health care and education. Goodies the government has been passing out for a couple of hundred years.

I know

I know

Let them die.

Thank God only Republicans and enemies of America feel that way.

Good God, does the OP have any idea how many trillions of $ have been spent to help the poor?
How many trillions have been spent in Iraq?
Answer the OP's question.....
BTW genius....over 50% of the federal budget goes toward social safety nets.
Less than 1/3rd the budget is military spending.
Both are non discretionary.
Oh yea, well then, it's OK spending more money on military than the next 10 countries combined. Look how well it worked out in Iraq.

Obama is still fighting wars. And the war on poverty has been fought for decades with little to no success.

Every little bit makes a big difference to the poor.
Republicans are so strange. During the Bush years, millions of jobs were moved to China and over 40,000 factories were closed. Republicans have slashed education.

Now they tell people to go get a job (like the ones they helped move to China) and stop getting that liberal education, the only thing that would qualify them for a job. And they think the poor are too stupid to follow their "message".

I rarely quote Think Progress". I don't have to. Republicans provide way too much material for me to both with that. In fact, many of my favorite links are from Fox. Like Republicans, Fox doesn't always recognize spectacular idiocy.

R-Derp...you probably quote crap from Think Progress more than any other person on this site! Rarely? Don't make me laugh!

Republicans are so strange. During the Bush years, millions of jobs were moved to China and over 40,000 factories were closed. Republicans have slashed education.

Now they tell people to go get a job (like the ones they helped move to China) and stop getting that liberal education, the only thing that would qualify them for a job. And they think the poor are too stupid to follow their "message".

Gee, Barack Obama's "Jobs Czar", Jeffrey Immelt sent tens of thousands of General Electric jobs to China when he was the CEO of GE...how can that be, R-Derp?

Goodies like food, health care and education. Goodies the government has been passing out for a couple of hundred years.
You can always tell when one of the more extreme leftists is talking.

He insists that if government won't provide food, nobody will provide food. Ditto for education and health care - all things that the Fed govt is forbidden to hand out.

Aren't these people a hoot?

When I comes to helping Americans, whether it's disaster victims or those on food stamps, disabled or born into poverty, Republicans insist we don't have the money.

I never, ever thought I would say this, but it looks as if me and Pat Buchanan are on the same page when it comes to crazy, war mongering Republicans. This from the American Conservative:

Patrick J. Buchanan The American Conservative

Today, the entire Shiite Crescent—Iran, Iraq, Bashar Assad’s Syria, Hezbollah—is fighting ISIS. All these Shiites are de facto allies in any war against ISIS. But should we attack Iran, they will become enemies. And what would war with Iran mean for U.S. interests?

With its anti-ship missiles and hundreds of missile boats, Iran could imperil our fleet in the Persian Gulf and Arabian Sea. The Gulf could be closed to commercial shipping by a sinking or two. Hezbollah could go after the U.S. embassy in Beirut. The Green Zone in Baghdad could come under attack by Shiite militia loyal to Iran.

Listen for long to GOP foreign-policy voices, and you can hear calls for war on ISIS, al-Qaeda, Boko Haram, the Houthi rebels, the Assad regime, the Islamic Republic of Iran, to name but a few.

Are we to fight them all? How many U.S. troops will be needed? How long will all these wars take? What will the Middle East look like after we crush them all? Who will fill the vacuum if we go? Or must we stay forever?

Nor does this exhaust the GOP war menu. Enraged by Vladimir Putin’s defiance, Republicans are calling for U.S. weapons, trainers, even troops, to be sent to Ukraine and Moldova.

---------------------------------------------------------

When Republicans invaded Iraq, they knew nothing about the country, it's history, it's people or it's religion. And look at the disaster they caused. Now they want to fight everyone everywhere. Will America be stupid enough to follow the crazies? In the mean time, there are Americans who could use some help.

Eisenhower warned of the; Military Industrial Complex we are seeing today.

We give our old tanks and weapons to future enemies so we NEED to invest in the next line of weaponry to have a chance against the people who have our last weapons.

Good God, does the OP have any idea how many trillions of $ have been spent to help the poor?

$819,160,219,533 is the cost we have spent in Iraq thought it changes by the second, watch this
Cost of National Security Counting How Much the U.S. Spends Per Hour

It's important to note that Halliburton, the Construction Corporation that ran the Federal Reseve under Bush/Cheney that Cheney was VP of is the Construction Corporation rebuilding Iraq.

And the cost keeps going up rapidly. I'll end with this. The cost is now $819,160,253,202. How much did we spend in Iraq while I typed a few short sentences?

Oh, that's right. You're clueless. You haven't heard the phrase "the party of no"? Why do you think that is? The sequester was one example in reducing spending.

Answer the OP's question.....
BTW genius....over 50% of the federal budget goes toward social safety nets.
Less than 1/3rd the budget is military spending.
Both are non discretionary.
Oh yea, well then, it's OK spending more money on military than the next 10 countries combined. Look how well it worked out in Iraq.

There is a big difference between military spending and authorizing the funding of wars.

Those were mostly business decisions, and mainly the republicans have worked to improve keeping jobs here by calling for deregulation, which would make it easier for employers to keep those jobs.

Forum List

Back