Not enough money to help Americans, but more than enough to put troops all over the world?

Good God, does the OP have any idea how many trillions of $ have been spent to help the poor?
How many trillions have been spent in Iraq?
Far less than that spent on welfare queens and other parasites, no doubt.
are the truly needy parasites,or are you talking about "other" parasites?....just askin.....
White people in Red States. That's who they are talking about. Since they get the most welfare.

Under Bush and the GOP, millions of jobs were moved to China and over 40,000 factories closed. So when Republicans say go get a job, I think they are telling you to move the China where the jobs were sent.

It seems to me just a couple years back. The democrats had full and total control. Why didn't they solve the poor delima you're whining about?
They had a good start. The number one cause of bankruptcy under Bush was Medical Bills. Republicans are determined to return to the good old days.
And Obama has made it worse. Now you have to pay monthly payments for insurance with a $7000 dollar deductible.
If you make such a claim and don't provide a link, it could be determined that someone is a turd. Are you a turd?
you should talk dean.....your other thread you started just recently you made a statement about,what else,republicans.....you were asked at least twice to show someone saying what you claimed they said.....we havent seen you in that thread since.....i wonder why?......
scratchchin.gif
And what was the "claim"?
It had to be about your racist views, that's really all you blather on about.

The OP does have a point though. U.S. Special Forces are now operating in an estimated 90 Nations around the world. But why? It's a fair question.
The reason is that Republicans don't feel safe. They feel if they are fighting someone, they are more safe. Curiously, they let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him. And they made the worst army in the world in Iraq. Now, the new weapons are "nearly new". Never been fired and only dropped once.

It seems to me just a couple years back. The democrats had full and total control. Why didn't they solve the poor delima you're whining about?
They had a good start. The number one cause of bankruptcy under Bush was Medical Bills. Republicans are determined to return to the good old days.
And Obama has made it worse. Now you have to pay monthly payments for insurance with a $7000 dollar deductible.
If you make such a claim and don't provide a link, it could be determined that someone is a turd. Are you a turd?
you should talk dean.....your other thread you started just recently you made a statement about,what else,republicans.....you were asked at least twice to show someone saying what you claimed they said.....we havent seen you in that thread since.....i wonder why?......
scratchchin.gif
Do Republicans really believe children, the disabled and the elderly are "leeches"??

Good God, does the OP have any idea how many trillions of $ have been spent to help the poor?
are the truly needy parasites,or are you talking about "other" parasites?....just askin.....
White people in Red States. That's who they are talking about. Since they get the most welfare.
If you count in the population percentages race by race, on how many are there total and then you have the real answer, which proves you wrong yet again.

is that who you are talking about meathead?....

The OP does have a point though. U.S. Special Forces are now operating in an estimated 90 Nations around the world. But why? It's a fair question.
The reason is that Republicans don't feel safe. They feel if they are fighting someone, they are more safe. Curiously, they let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him. And they made the worst army in the world in Iraq. Now, the new weapons are "nearly new". Never been fired and only dropped once.

I hear ya somewhat. But you're too stuck in partisan-mode on this one. Both Republican and Democrat Elites will dutifully support the Globalist Elite Permanent War agenda. They're both beholden to the Military Industrial Complex.

And they made the worst army in the world in Iraq
so the guys over there putting that army together were just republicans?...all the democrat military guys were not involved?.....not showing much respect for our military dean.....could it be that the reason that army turned out so bad was because of the Iraqi's themselves who make up their military?.....

scratchchin.gif
Do Republicans really believe children, the disabled and the elderly are "leeches"??
Most of these posts belong in that other thread. The real question here is if Republicans believe US troops should be everywhere.

When I comes to helping Americans, whether it's disaster victims or those on food stamps, disabled or born into poverty, Republicans insist we don't have the money.

I never, ever thought I would say this, but it looks as if me and Pat Buchanan are on the same page when it comes to crazy, war mongering Republicans. This from the American Conservative:

Patrick J. Buchanan The American Conservative

Today, the entire Shiite Crescent—Iran, Iraq, Bashar Assad’s Syria, Hezbollah—is fighting ISIS. All these Shiites are de facto allies in any war against ISIS. But should we attack Iran, they will become enemies. And what would war with Iran mean for U.S. interests?

With its anti-ship missiles and hundreds of missile boats, Iran could imperil our fleet in the Persian Gulf and Arabian Sea. The Gulf could be closed to commercial shipping by a sinking or two. Hezbollah could go after the U.S. embassy in Beirut. The Green Zone in Baghdad could come under attack by Shiite militia loyal to Iran.

Listen for long to GOP foreign-policy voices, and you can hear calls for war on ISIS, al-Qaeda, Boko Haram, the Houthi rebels, the Assad regime, the Islamic Republic of Iran, to name but a few.

Are we to fight them all? How many U.S. troops will be needed? How long will all these wars take? What will the Middle East look like after we crush them all? Who will fill the vacuum if we go? Or must we stay forever?

Nor does this exhaust the GOP war menu. Enraged by Vladimir Putin’s defiance, Republicans are calling for U.S. weapons, trainers, even troops, to be sent to Ukraine and Moldova.

---------------------------------------------------------

When Republicans invaded Iraq, they knew nothing about the country, it's history, it's people or it's religion. And look at the disaster they caused. Now they want to fight everyone everywhere. Will America be stupid enough to follow the crazies? In the mean time, there are Americans who could use some help.
Obama is still fighting wars. And the war on poverty has been fought for decades with little to no success.
That's because its being done wrong. To get people out of poverty you must FORCE the companies to pay a livable wage,make education and healthcare "free" in the form of higher taxes in a progressive tax form. If people had money to live decently and not go into debt with unexpected health problems or paying 100k for an education on top of paying 20% interest on it we would not have anywhere near the amount of poverty we have now

scratchchin.gif
Most of these posts belong in that other thread. The real question here is if Republicans believe US troops should be everywhere.
you asked where the claim was,i showed you.....and i already answered your question....

When I comes to helping Americans, whether it's disaster victims or those on food stamps, disabled or born into poverty, Republicans insist we don't have the money.

I never, ever thought I would say this, but it looks as if me and Pat Buchanan are on the same page when it comes to crazy, war mongering Republicans. This from the American Conservative:

Today, the entire Shiite Crescent—Iran, Iraq, Bashar Assad’s Syria, Hezbollah—is fighting ISIS. All these Shiites are de facto allies in any war against ISIS. But should we attack Iran, they will become enemies. And what would war with Iran mean for U.S. interests?

With its anti-ship missiles and hundreds of missile boats, Iran could imperil our fleet in the Persian Gulf and Arabian Sea. The Gulf could be closed to commercial shipping by a sinking or two. Hezbollah could go after the U.S. embassy in Beirut. The Green Zone in Baghdad could come under attack by Shiite militia loyal to Iran.

Listen for long to GOP foreign-policy voices, and you can hear calls for war on ISIS, al-Qaeda, Boko Haram, the Houthi rebels, the Assad regime, the Islamic Republic of Iran, to name but a few.

Are we to fight them all? How many U.S. troops will be needed? How long will all these wars take? What will the Middle East look like after we crush them all? Who will fill the vacuum if we go? Or must we stay forever?

Nor does this exhaust the GOP war menu. Enraged by Vladimir Putin’s defiance, Republicans are calling for U.S. weapons, trainers, even troops, to be sent to Ukraine and Moldova.

When Republicans invaded Iraq, they knew nothing about the country, it's history, it's people or it's religion. And look at the disaster they caused. Now they want to fight everyone everywhere. Will America be stupid enough to follow the crazies? In the mean time, there are Americans who could use some help.
Obama is still fighting wars. And the war on poverty has been fought for decades with little to no success.
That's because its being done wrong. To get people out of poverty you must FORCE the companies to pay a livable wage,make education and healthcare "free" in the form of higher taxes in a progressive tax form. If people had money to live decently and not go into debt with unexpected health problems or paying 100k for an education on top of paying 20% interest on it we would not have anywhere near the amount of poverty we have now
Lol, tell the Berkeley professors that all of a sudden they will be paid a livable wage. Then get back to me, and tell me how that works out.

So your solution to the lack of success getting rid of poverty after fifty years of the "War on Poverty" is to throw more tax dollars at the problem? You also want to force companies to pay more in wages? And you think doing those two things will get rid of poverty? You didn't take economics in college, Odium...did you?

So your solution to the lack of success getting rid of poverty after fifty years of the "War on Poverty" is to throw more tax dollars at the problem? You also want to force companies to pay more in wages? And you think doing those two things will get rid of poverty? You didn't take economics in college, Odium...did you?
Don't need economics when you use common sense. People are born in a hole and when they try to get out of that hole they dig a deeper hole that eventually collapses on them thus putting them in deeper poverty.Give everyone an equal chance and it will be fine. The can afford to pay CEO'S millions they can afford to pay every worker an annual wage of 40k.

Don't need economics when you use common sense. People are born in a hole and when they try to get out of that hole they dig a deeper hole that eventually collapses on them thus putting them in deeper poverty.Give everyone an equal chance and it will be fine. The can afford to pay CEO'S millions they can afford to pay every worker an annual wage of 40k.

I'm going to use a little of your "common sense" to show why your simple solution doesn't work, Odium...

Let's say I do pay every worker a wage of at least 40 thousand! I used to pay my entry level workers a wage of about 20 thousand so I'm doubling their wages. So what do the people who have gotten some job skills and progressed a few levels higher than entry level going to say when an entry level person now makes the same amount of money as they do? Common sense tells us that those people will be VERY unhappy unless their wages are raised a corresponding amount as well. They are going to say since you doubled the wages for the starting people then you should double mine as well. I've put in my time...I've learned job skills to get a promotion and a raise...why shouldn't I be making more than someone who just started! And if you give those people a big raise to keep them happy then their supervisor is going to go "Whoa...hold on there...how come they got raises and I didn't!!!" So you've got to bump them as well...

See where this is going? You end up raising everyone's wages. Labor costs go through the roof. Prices for goods and services naturally have to be raised to pay those new higher labor costs. Higher prices lead to inflation. Inflation leads to a shrinking of disposable income. So what have you accomplished?

I'm going to use a little of your "common sense" to show why your simple solution doesn't work, Odium...

Let's say I do pay every worker a wage of at least 40 thousand! I used to pay my entry level workers a wage of about 20 thousand so I'm doubling their wages. So what do the people who have gotten some job skills and progressed a few levels higher than entry level going to say when an entry level person now makes the same amount of money as they do? Common sense tells us that those people will be VERY unhappy unless their wages are raised a corresponding amount as well. They are going to say since you doubled the wages for the starting people then you should double mine as well. I've put in my time...I've learned job skills to get a promotion and a raise...why shouldn't I be making more than someone who just started! And if you give those people a big raise to keep them happy then their supervisor is going to go "Whoa...hold on there...how come they got raises and I didn't!!!" So you've got to bump them as well...

See where this is going? You end up raising everyone's wages. Labor costs go through the roof. Prices for goods and services naturally have to be raised to pay those new higher labor costs. Higher prices lead to inflation. Inflation leads to a shrinking of disposable income. So what have you accomplished?
That's not anyones problem but the companies paying slave wages. They will adapt or sink.

That's not anyones problem but the companies paying slave wages. They will adapt or sink.

If you raise the entry level pay in this country to $40,000 then trust me...it's becomes EVERYONE'S problem!

I gave you a rather detailed explanation of the problem that would occur when you force a raise for the bottom rung of the labor wage "ladder"...but you didn't address it. How do you keep from having to raise everyone's wages?

If you raise the entry level pay in this country to $40,000 then trust me...it's becomes EVERYONE'S problem!

I gave you a rather detailed explanation of the problem that would occur when you force a raise for the bottom rung of the labor wage "ladder"...but you didn't address it. How do you keep from having to raise everyone's wages?
Like I said in the beginning its gonna be hard. That's not the governments fault. EVERY person should be given a wage they can raise a family on. Blame the corporations who refused to pay wages high enough. The government should have more say so in wages and who gets raises etc once this is instituted. Between the capitalist swine that will leave and others that will leave for the hell of it there wont be a problem. If there is a problem we let them know the government had to take action to make sure everyone was given an equal chance but from now on EVERYONE will not only have a livable wage but a chance to advance. The old system doesn't work. Those that whine let them leave...fuck em.Its whats best for the common good.

Forum List

Back