Not dead, but still voting

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
But Bartlett adds that neither the state nor any of the county boards have yet discovered someone who voted when they should not have as a result of the Voter Integrity Project's submission. Bartlett says he doesn't rule out the possibility it could happen, but he points out that election officials have access to Social Security numbers, birthdays and drivers license numbers that citizen groups cannot legally get. All of those pieces of information have been used to differentiate between those who are really dead and those who are expected to show up at the polls this November, he said.

"The takeaway so far is that our lists are pretty good," Bartlett said.

Not dead, but still voting :: WRAL.com

Does anyone know how much this is costing the government in NC? I thought the Tea Party folks were for less government spending?

So you claim there shouldn't be a watchdog for illegal voting because some left-wing TV station out of Raleigh NC runs a biased article downplaying illegal voting?

As someone that went to college down the road from that junk network and many grads from my school own and run that network, I know the area well.

NC has a lot of hispanic illegals working in the AG business, so they are a threat to the system if they show up to vote. I don't doubt some have voted in places like Raleigh where more liberals live and work than the rural areas.

The citizens of NC should be protected from some hispanic illegal crossing out a vote by illegally voting in our country. Scum like you don't care about the American citizen, you only care about winning elections with illegals, felons and dead people voting.

So you claim there shouldn't be a watchdog for illegal voting because some left-wing TV station out of Raleigh NC runs a biased article downplaying illegal voting?

As someone that went to college down the road from that junk network and many grads from my school own and run that network, I know the area well.

NC has a lot of hispanic illegals working in the AG business, so they are a threat to the system if they show up to vote. I don't doubt some have voted in places like Raleigh where more liberals live and work than the rural areas.

The citizens of NC should be protected from some hispanic illegal crossing out a vote by illegally voting in our country. Scum like you don't care about the American citizen, you only care about winning elections with illegals, felons and dead people voting.

No. I am saying that NC have found NONE from the list of 30,000 given them from the rightwing group. And I ASKED, how much is this costing the government of NC? Comprehend much?

Nie lie....we all know why you posted this shit.

So if a small town hasn't had a major crime in years, then why do they waste their tax money on having a police force???

That is just like spending money on ensuring there is no voter fraud. Hopefully there is no voter fraud because that is what we want and it shows the system works.

Now, if tax money is being spent to stop voter fraud but there is voter fraud....that isn't good.

See how that works, Cleatus.

No. I am saying that NC have found NONE from the list of 30,000 given them from the rightwing group. And I ASKED, how much is this costing the government of NC? Comprehend much?

Yank: It's a reoccurring theme. The far right frequently invents a problem and then rant and rave (and spend our money) battling this problem. But when you look hard enough, you find that there really isn't a problem.

It's the same scenario they are playing by inventing a fictious president and then campaigning against this fictional character rather than run a real campaign against a real person. And anyone who refuses to accept their chicken-little rants at face value, well ... they're commies or stupid or both.

Hoo hummm

Yank: It's a reoccurring theme. The far right frequently invents a problem and then rant and rave (and spend our money) battling this problem. But when you look hard enough, you find that there really isn't a problem.

It's the same scenario they are playing by inventing a fictious president and then campaigning against this fictional character rather than run a real campaign against a real person. And anyone who refuses to accept their chicken-little rants at face value, well ... they're commies or stupid or both.

Hoo hummm

quite an immature posting no dog. I suggest you grow up if you want to debate with the big boys.

VaYank...there have been cases of voter fraud uncovered from both sides of the political spectrum. I, personally, have no issue strenghthening the voting laws...for example.....a picture ID should be required. I dont listen to the far right claims that the left cheats and the far left claims that the right tries to supress....but I do feel that MY vote...and YOUR vote are important and a privelage...and it should, at the very least, require the same type of screening as air flight...or beer purchasing....or driving a car.

You're full of shit.

There are numerous examples of illegal voting in this country, Democraps have perfected it with dead people voting in Chicago for decades.

When there are 10 million or more illegals in this country, it is the responsibility of the state and federal governments to make sure none of them vote.

It is also a responsibility to ensure people don't vote more than once like many college students in Wisconsin bragged about doing during the Bush-Gore election.

If you think spending tax money to make sure state and federal elections are legit, legal, unbiased, etc. is bad....then you are insane or a piece of shit.

Hoo hummm

Personally I don't think that these show your ID laws will stop anything. We had a county turn about 5000 more votes than they should have. Most of those votes were people who were residents of the local cemetery. I don't think showing ID would stop something like this. Here where I live when you register to vote you must show ID. when you go to vote you just give your name and address. Really the only thing I see this law stopping is someone taking my vote. Has this ever happened? Any voter I have ever read about wasn't on an individual level. It's been more like stuffing the box or rigging voting machines. So how is making me show ID going to stop this problem?

Hoo hummm

quite an immature posting no dog. I suggest you grow up if you want to debate with the big boys.

VaYank...there have been cases of voter fraud uncovered from both sides of the political spectrum. I, personally, have no issue strenghthening the voting laws...for example.....a picture ID should be required. I dont listen to the far right claims that the left cheats and the far left claims that the right tries to supress....but I do feel that MY vote...and YOUR vote are important and a privelage...and it should, at the very least, require the same type of screening as air flight...or beer purchasing....or driving a car.

leading with a personal attack is not what grown ups do. Look at the statistics on illegal voting (yes, they are out there for those who - like me - preffer to do a little research rather than just swallow the rants.) What you find is that this "threat" is a non-starter. Show some REAL statics that reveal more than a few isolated instances and then we'll talk.

And please tell me you don't favor setting policy (and spending MY money) based on what a couple of college students "boasted" about doing.

Last edited:

Hoo hummm

I agree with you 100% that if I have to produce a photo ID to do most things in the world today, it should be REQUIRED to vote for the highest office in the land. We have no quarrel here.
However, to have some rightwing group come to NC with 30,000 names (I heard they submitted 730,000 in Ohio) and then demand that extra money be spent by the government to check their list (Lord only knows where it came from)....when it is obvious that NC already has measures in place to handle this sort of thing looks very partisan to me...

Hoo hummm

leading with a personal attack is not what grown ups do. Look at the statistics on illegal voting (yes, they are out there for those who - like me - preffer to do a little research rather than just swallow the rants.) What you find is that this "threat" is a non-starter. Show some REAL statics that reveal more than a few isolated instances and then we'll talk.

And please tell me you don't favor setting policy (and spending MY money) based on what a couple of college students "boasted" about doing.

I saw your post as immature and I stated so.

I dont care what college students boast about. Nor do I care about the thousands of unsupported claims of voter fraud.

What I care about is the legitimacy of MY vote...and YOUR vote. It is an honor and a privelage to vote in this country. It should require proper identification and anyone who complains that it is "too difficult" to vote...or "too far" to vote should be told "if it is not that important to you, then dont vote".

My sentiments have to do with the privelage...nothing more.

You're full of shit.

There are numerous examples of illegal voting in this country, Democraps have perfected it with dead people voting in Chicago for decades.

When there are 10 million or more illegals in this country, it is the responsibility of the state and federal governments to make sure none of them vote.

It is also a responsibility to ensure people don't vote more than once like many college students in Wisconsin bragged about doing during the Bush-Gore election.

If you think spending tax money to make sure state and federal elections are legit, legal, unbiased, etc. is bad....then you are insane or a piece of shit.

Hoo hummm

If you have to show ID to register to vote then how can an illegal even register? And do you think that people came to vote in place of the dead people? How can a person vote multiple times? that person would have to be registered at multiple locations and again he/she would have to show ID to register. So if one person can show ID at multiple locations and register then why can't that perso show ID to vote at multiple locations?

Uh, if you have an ID then your name should correlate to "1" name on the voter list. :eusa_whistle:

It's kinda hard to vote 2, 3, 4, 5 times if you need to produce a fake ID for each one of those new people.

It's pretty easy to walk in and claim to be Joe Smith with showing an ID when someone on the inside told you there is a Joe Smith on list.

So can I just walk into your bank and claim to be you? Why not? Using your stupid logic I should have the right to walk into your bank, claim to be you then clean out your bank account.

Personally I don't think that these show your ID laws will stop anything. We had a county turn about 5000 more votes than they should have. Most of those votes were people who were residents of the local cemetery. I don't think showing ID would stop something like this. Here where I live when you register to vote you must show ID. when you go to vote you just give your name and address. Really the only thing I see this law stopping is someone taking my vote. Has this ever happened? Any voter I have ever read about wasn't on an individual level. It's been more like stuffing the box or rigging voting machines. So how is making me show ID going to stop this problem?

Hoo hummm

I agree with you 100% that if I have to produce a photo ID to do most things in the world today, it should be REQUIRED to vote for the highest office in the land. We have no quarrel here.
However, to have some rightwing group come to NC with 30,000 names (I heard they submitted 730,000 in Ohio) and then demand that extra money be spent by the government to check their list (Lord only knows where it came from)....when it is obvious that NC already has measures in place to handle this sort of thing looks very partisan to me...

it is - voter supression is the last defense for the loser. I have no problem with producing a photo Id (But I'm not going to take off my shoes and go through a body scanner).

It's an overreaction to a molehill or (more likely) it's an attempt to keep voters you expect to vote for the other guy away from the polls.

Hoo hummm

And it was very partisan...and a waste of money.
Just as partisan politics on both sides is wasting ALL of our money.

The parties are acting like children and they have dragged the electorate into it to fight their battles......making ALL of us look like children.

And it was very partisan...and a waste of money.
Just as partisan politics on both sides is wasting ALL of our money.

The parties are acting like children and they have dragged the electorate into it to fight their battles......making ALL of us look like children.

I agree with that 100% much better than personal attacks.

You're just an idiot.

Anyone that believes forcing people to show an ID won't curb some illegal voting is an idiot.

Oh, Jose the illegal can just claim to be someone on the list if given a name by someone working at the polling place. If Jose is going to lie about being someone, then it should be harder than just stating a name.....produce some fake ID that can be analyzed at the voting booth.

You're full of shit.

Hoo hummm

If you have to show ID to register to vote then how can an illegal even register? And do you think that people came to vote in place of the dead people? How can a person vote multiple times? that person would have to be registered at multiple locations and again he/she would have to show ID to register. So if one person can show ID at multiple locations and register then why can't that perso show ID to vote at multiple locations?

I saw your post as immature and I stated so.

I dont care what college students boast about. Nor do I care about the thousands of unsupported claims of voter fraud.

What I care about is the legitimacy of MY vote...and YOUR vote. It is an honor and a privelage to vote in this country. It should require proper identification and anyone who complains that it is "too difficult" to vote...or "too far" to vote should be told "if it is not that important to you, then dont vote".

My sentiments have to do with the privelage...nothing more.

maybe you should start looking harder

When the system shows holes in it by not asking for any form of ID then it gives bad people the idea they can test the system by voting illegally.

If the system has some form of standards with an ID card enforcement, then odds are less people will try to cheat the system.

If there is a bar that doesn't check ID cards but just takes the word of the patrons, then that bar will have more underage drinkers in it than a bar across the street demanding an ID card to get in.

If this is too hard to understand, you're an idiot or a scumbag that is for the cheating.

Forum List

Back