“Not bluffing” about using military force against Iran

Actually in the 70's when we didn't have all the high-tech equipment we have now it is very possible. They started the mission when it was still dark outside, and there was a really bad sandstorm that the choppers had to fly through. Visibility was poor, and technical malfunctions in the chopper caused it to crash with one of the supporting gun ships. YOU can believe whatever you want, however the rest of us will stick to the facts lol

Where did you get your "facts"? from the same people who CLAIM to have killed Osama bin Laden? :lol:

Ok conversation over. You are clearly too ignorant to have a logical conversation with lol Ohh hey, how is Elvis doing? Is he hanging out with 2pac and Biggie, and John Lenin down in Jamaica with Bob Marley hahaha :cuckoo:

Elvis is certainly not doing any of that!:mad: where have been your life?under a rock?

He is eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich...that's what he is doing and never forget it!

Taking over the US Embassy and holding Americans hostage was an act of war, and the President was too weak to do anything about it. The American people replaced him.
You know what caused the hostage crisis, don't you?

It's what our CIA did to that country in 1953.

Actually, it was Carter deposing the Shah and installing the Ayatollah. Untill that happened we had a lot of Americans in Iran, including oil company employess and defense technicians. Read Ken Follett's book "On Wings of Eagles" for background.

I taught Iranians how to operate their C-130's at Lockheed and had a number of friends IN Iran to continue pilot and maintenance training while the Shah was in power. Then came the Ayatollah's and they all were forced out of the country.

That was my understanding of it. Of course I wasn't around at the time, so I only know what I read, but I read that it was caused by the overthrow of the American-backed Shah in 1979. When the Ayatollah returned from exile, he had it out for America, and endorsed the take-over of the American Embassy in Tehran. It was actually carried out by around 3,000 college students if I remember correctly.

Where did you get your "facts"? from the same people who CLAIM to have killed Osama bin Laden? :lol:

Ok conversation over. You are clearly too ignorant to have a logical conversation with lol Ohh hey, how is Elvis doing? Is he hanging out with 2pac and Biggie, and John Lenin down in Jamaica with Bob Marley hahaha :cuckoo:

Elvis is certainly not doing any of that!:mad: where have been your life?under a rock?

He is eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich...that's what he is doing and never forget it!

HAHA are you sure it isn't peanut butter and raisins?

Lord no!

Fried peanut butter and banana sandwich ...everybody knows that! :cool:

Actually, it was Carter deposing the Shah and installing the Ayatollah. Untill that happened we had a lot of Americans in Iran, including oil company employess and defense technicians. Read Ken Follett's book "On Wings of Eagles" for background.

I taught Iranians how to operate their C-130's at Lockheed and had a number of friends IN Iran to continue pilot and maintenance training while the Shah was in power. Then came the Ayatollah's and they all were forced out of the country.
You got that backwards and it wasn't Carter!

Our CIA helped overthrow a democratically elected President in 1953 and replaced him with the Shah of Iran, whose tyranny was similar to that of Saddam Hussein and Iranian's haven't liked us ever since.

They were so sick of the Shah, that in 1979, they ousted him and put in Khomeini.

The hostage crisis was payback for the Shah.

Lord no!

Fried peanut butter and banana sandwich ...everybody knows that! :cool:

That sounds sooooo good!!! :tongue:

Dammit now you have me craving one haha

Taking over the US Embassy and holding Americans hostage was an act of war, and the President was too weak to do anything about it. The American people replaced him.

(My bold)

Prexy Carter did not depose Shah Reza, nor install A. Khomeini. Against the advice of CIA & State Dept. & probably the alphabet soup of US intellgence agencies, Carter admitted the Shah to medical treatment in the US (after Reza hade fled Iran ahead of the Ayatollah's takeover there). The IRG exploded, stormed our embassy, took hostages. We could have declared war, I suppose. But it seemed like a poor trade (& besides, it was our fault we were so poorly informed about facts on the ground in Iran. We listened when the Shah asked we not run intelligence networks in Iran.)

I recommend All the Shah's men - an American coup & the roots of Middle East terror - Stephen Kinzer, John Wiley c 2003. 228pp, index, notes, bibliography. Map, photos. The UK/US coup against Mohammad Mosaddeq, PM of Iran, & the re-imposition of the Shah. Oil, WWI, WWII, intrigue. The Dulles bros., Eisenhower, CIA - the beginning of bad US/Iran relations, the cause of many problems for US & the Middle East.

The rescue mission was aborted when one of the helicopters collided with a C-130 , killing 8 soldiers. No one was shot down.

You can believe anything you want, but that mission was shot down. No way they crash into EACH OTHER!!!! :lol:

I supervised the installation of the navigation equipment on the helicopters and was on the USS Nimitz when they launched. We listened to the radio calls from Desert One after the crash.

Where is your source of any aircraft being shot down?
I was on the ground shooting anti-aircraft missiles and got one myself. :D

Actually in the 70's when we didn't have all the high-tech equipment we have now it is very possible. They started the mission when it was still dark outside, and there was a really bad sandstorm that the choppers had to fly through. Visibility was poor, and technical malfunctions in the chopper caused it to crash with one of the supporting gun ships. YOU can believe whatever you want, however the rest of us will stick to the facts lol

So you have ACTUAL proof that Sammy was killed?

(My bold)

Prexy Carter did not depose Shah Reza, nor install A. Khomeini. Against the advice of CIA & State Dept. & probably the alphabet soup of US intellgence agencies, Carter admitted the Shah to medical treatment in the US (after Reza hade fled Iran ahead of the Ayatollah's takeover there). The IRG exploded, stormed our embassy, took hostages. We could have declared war, I suppose. But it seemed like a poor trade (& besides, it was our fault we were so poorly informed about facts on the ground in Iran. We listened when the Shah asked we not run intelligence networks in Iran.)

I recommend All the Shah's men - an American coup & the roots of Middle East terror - Stephen Kinzer, John Wiley c 2003. 228pp, index, notes, bibliography. Map, photos. The UK/US coup against Mohammad Mosaddeq, PM of Iran, & the re-imposition of the Shah. Oil, WWI, WWII, intrigue. The Dulles bros., Eisenhower, CIA - the beginning of bad US/Iran relations, the cause of many problems for US & the Middle East.

Still, while Democrats are in power they tend to let our allies fall into the hands of radicals.

In Obama's case he's actually facilitating this.

Still, while Democrats are in power they tend to let our allies fall into the hands of radicals.
What a fuckin' hypocrite!

Saddam Hussein was a US ally and republican's took him out and now the country is run by radical Shiite's aligned with Iran.

BTW, people like the Shah, Hussein, Pinochet, etc, are not people we should be ally's with in the first place.

Last edited:
1) The hostages which brought down a president, and 2) the rescue mission that was shot down.

The rescue mission was aborted when one of the helicopters collided with a C-130 , killing 8 soldiers. No one was shot down.

You can believe anything you want, but that mission was shot down. No way they crash into EACH OTHER!!!! :lol:

Oh really?

Midair helicopter collision kills 7 Marines - CNN.com

Can't wait to go up against China and Russia can ya'? Send in the Army and Marines who have already done 4, 5, 6 or more tours in the Middle East.

Should be loads of fun!

Not necessary. It will happen so fast they won't even know what hit them until the IAF are out of there. Do you liberals ever get out of fear monger mode? Give it a rest! Gee!

Oh sure, let's recap shall we:

Korea; you weren't alone and they fought you to a draw.
Vietnam; kicked your azz out of there and you left a pile of helicopters on the seabed in your haste to leave. Have you forgotten those pic's?
Somalia; handed your azz to you before you even got boots on the ground.
Iraq; you're leaving with pie on your face.
Afghanistan; you're leaving there also. You just haven't figured out how to put a positive spin on it yet; regardless it ain't gonna be pretty.

What's up with your big hurry to get your azz whupped yet again.

Can't wait to go up against China and Russia can ya'? Send in the Army and Marines who have already done 4, 5, 6 or more tours in the Middle East.

Should be loads of fun!

Not necessary. It will happen so fast they won't even know what hit them until the IAF are out of there. Do you liberals ever get out of fear monger mode? Give it a rest! Gee!

Vietnam; kicked your azz out of there and you left a pile of helicopters on the seabed in your haste to leave. Have you forgotten those pic's?
Afghanistan; you're leaving there also. You just haven't figured out how to put a positive spin on it yet; regardless it ain't gonna be pretty.

You forgot the first Gulf War, where we stomped Iraq's ass out of Kuwait, and back to their country. Also, we may be leaving Iraq with a pie in our face, but we did win that war. We invaded Iraq to topple Saddam's regime, and we did that very quickly. Pretty much kicked the Taliban's ass and Al-Qaeda's ass in Afghanistan too. We can't call a insurgency in the country now a "defeat." It was well known that the fighters in Iraq and Afghanistan were not all natives. They were coming from all around to get a piece of America.

You forgot the first Gulf War, where we stomped Iraq's ass out of Kuwait, and back to their country. Also, we may be leaving Iraq with a pie in our face, but we did win that war. We invaded Iraq to topple Saddam's regime, and we did that very quickly. Pretty much kicked the Taliban's ass and Al-Qaeda's ass in Afghanistan too. We can't call a insurgency in the country now a "defeat." It was well known that the fighters in Iraq and Afghanistan were not all natives. They were coming from all around to get a piece of America.

Wow; just wow, your grasp of reality leaves me shocked and awed!

You think they won't come from all over to support Iran when at least a couple have signed agreements to do so?

You're in for some serious butthurt if you think you can p*** on Iran and no other major power will come to it's aid.

In before "we're the biggest and the best and can take 'em all on" bullcrap, you're broke fer chrissake. Think China's gonna float you a loan to play demagogue?

We went into Iraq to find WMDs, and we found NONE!!!!!! Cheney and Bush should have been tried at The Hague for war crimes against humanity.
And we haven't won anything in Iraq. Haliburton maybe, but not the American people.

Forum List

Back