Not ALL Repubs are EPA-hating, denier cultists

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
THIS GUY, had his eyes opened (left the hive mind) for example.

?I don?t know what the hell party I belong to?: Why this hardcore Republican learned to love the EPA - Salon.com
Rick Halford is Republican to the core. The retired politician served the party in the Alaska state Legislature for 24 years, including stints as Senate president, as well as both Senate and House majority leader. Always, he has stood for free enterprise, individual rights and small business; typically, he’s been pro-development. He started “as a very seriously redneck Republican,” and saw little in his time in office to challenge his views.

But for Halford, there turned out to be one thing worse than a meddling federal government: Pebble Mine, a proposed open-pit copper mine that has the potential to destroy everything that makes his home like no place else on Earth. And in order to stop it, he had turn to the federally funded environmental agency that conservative Republicans like him love to hate.

I know this will be difficult for you, DC... but if you would take pause and remove the twisted politics from your mind long enough to peruse this website:

Pebble Project

Some pertinent embedding links:

Bristol Bay Watershed Assessment Update
2012 Pebble Project Environmental Baseline Studies (ARLIS link)
Annual Reclamation Reports
PLP Data Releases
Technical Working Group (TWG) Meeting Minutes
Draft Environmental Study Plans
Inspections and Field Reports
Water Right Applications
Water Withdrawal Plan (PDF)
2010 Unpermitted Water Withdrawals Settlement

I'm just suggesting that you do some background work before posting the tirades of a single GOP landowner who's shitting his pants over a proposed open-pit copper mine that has the potential to destroy everything that makes his home like no place else on Earth.

You're such a fucking poser. :lol:

That the mine is only proposed at this point has nothing to do with the OP's theme, which wasn't the mine, but was the staunch republican going to the EPA for help.

We know dots is a hater of all Republicans that's for sure

Al bore gore..the shining example of globull warming who's family got rich from owning a ZINC MINE

man P.T Barnum was right

Last edited:
What does that have to do with the OP?

Don't mind Stephie. she posts in almost all my threads whether or not she has something relevant to say.

As to the OP, a self-described conservative Repub, w/ the resume to prove it, thanks his lucky stars that the Repubs weren't quite able to abolish the EPA last time they were in power.

Are all dems just EPA loving, believer cultists then?

yep, they can't live their lives without them guberment telling how to wipe and make sure to only use one sheet...even for poo poo...then follow their guidelines when they say, please wash your damn hands after that

Perhaps this is a silly question, but Stephanie, had you the power, would you eliminate the EPA? If so, would you put anything in their place? Do you think the government needs to pay any attention to the environment and the harm people do to it?

Repubs are told that if they abolish agencies such as the EPA, Dept of Labor, The SEC, etc... their lives will be Libertarian utopias where the *cough* "job creators" will regulate themselves :eusa_liar:EVERY school child knows it aint true though. Give the obscenely wealthy & their water-carriers in Congress an inch, & :2up: they'll take a mile.

yep, they can't live their lives without them guberment telling how to wipe and make sure to only use one sheet...even for poo poo...then follow their guidelines when they say, please wash your damn hands after that

yes, corporatists should be allowed to destroy our land and drinking water to satisfy you. :cuckoo:

yes, corporatists should be allowed to destroy our land and drinking water to satisfy you. :cuckoo:

Aren't you considered to be one of those, corporatist?
or you have your own attorneys office?
come on jilly, not so dramatic. Those who are not as superior as you don't believe in destroying our lands and water. We ALSO don't believe in cutting off our noses to spite our LIVELYHOODS.

Perhaps this is a silly question, but Stephanie, had you the power, would you eliminate the EPA? If so, would you put anything in their place? Do you think the government needs to pay any attention to the environment and the harm people do to it?

Stephanie?

Stephanie?

I don't play unless I want to. carry on that high horse you ride

Forum List

Back