About the many Ideologies/Philosophy-Religions, I like to use the analogy of the habitrail.
Some religions have more reliable value and truth then others, all have some of the same visions in their own cultural wording, some more then others all at different degrees. So say the prize at the end of the journey is that Shalem (completeness & wholeness) the reward of paradise that comes from being all we could & should be.
Then the best route is the direct tube in the habitrail leading straight to the food box. The more you obey the rules of the approach to the prize(follow the word's directed path) without straying the direction then the straighter more sucessful quicker the path.
But those who disregard the directions from that which already knows (sits there waiting), then the longer more winding the path. The habitrail tubes that guide you all over the place sometimes further from the prize winding back around to eventually getting there.
Some paths (religions) get you lost and back where you started and others are like the hamster wheel going round n round thinking you are going places when you haven't even left the starting gate. Most paths somewhat get you there but there can only be one that gets you there quickest and best. Then there is always that one hamster who is always in their own private corner with the built up pile of wood chips sitting in their own urine, oblivious to what the world smells like outside their own fortress and feces.
View attachment 127017

Yes!
The Creed of Last Thursdayism
The details of our faith

History
You are the creator of the universe. You created this universe last (that is, this most recent) Thursday at noon, and it will expire next (that is, this upcoming) Thursday at noon. Everything you perceive as predating last Thursday was planted by You in order to create the impression of an ancient universe governed by natural laws. This planted evidence includes all of your memories and all physical evidence of prior events.

You created the universe as a test for you. Everyone who is not you is an aspect of You, placed here to complete the environment for the test. Everyone but you is aware of this.
Your Test
The purpose of this one-week test You created for yourself is to discover the limits of your own judgment and character.

Character
You expect of yourself ethical behavior, including treating others well, given the illusion of the reality of this universe. Part of this universe is the illusion of the existence of others. You are expected to treat others as you would wish to be treated.

You also expect yourself not to perform left-handedly. You may have feelings or urges of left-handedness, but these are shameful and sinful feelings, and it is wrong to act upon them. This is not to say you are precluded from using your left hand at all, only from favoring it. For instance, it is acceptable to You to hold the pot with your left hand while you stir with your right, but it is not acceptable to write with your left hand.

Judgment
A key part of exercising sound judgment is being skeptical. You expect this skepticism to include disbelief in such things as God or gods, telekinesis, homeopathy, astrology, faith healing, and ghosts. Human belief in these things was created by You as a temptation for you.

You are not expected to believe in Last Thursdayism, since belief would require faith. In fact, believing in it would cause you to at least partially fail the judgment part of the test You set out for yourself. You are expected to treat Last Thursdayism as a religion: no more, no less.

Consequences
If you succeed at this test of ethics and judgment, you will be back to Your former Self, with the attendant power to create universes. If you fail, you will be tortured in proportion to your failure. This torture will be infinitely worse than anything you can imagine or that is described in planted memories or works in this universe.

Are you ready for the catechism?

I actually find it interesting that you becoming a vegetarian and you don't see that is a form of religion whether you claim it is for health reasons or not as I do not see the difference between living a life where you are living by certain rules ( requiring you to give up certain things) and by your own choice giving up meat...Another thing that I would like to point out is that by being an atheist you are still being a THEIST.. Now being an atheist is not believing in Gd but it is still a religion of sorts as that is your belief... It should be pointed out as well for anyone reading this that the claim of Gd being invisible Yada Yada so he/ it does not exsist is a lame argument after all for example we are all breathing Oxygen and without it we would all die and yet it is invisible and we couldn't prove or measure it till our Age of Enlightenment .. Who is to say that at some point in the future we will not be able to measure or see the presence of Gd down the road if we become all that we should by progressing and advancing to that point...
That's why I'm an agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against a god existing and if anyone comes up with proof either way, I'm open to changing my mind. Can't be any fairer than that.
And vegetarianism isn't a religion, not fake deities needed.
You realize that " fence sitting" can be a very uncomfortable position and that eventually Humpty Dumpty( The Roman Empire) fell off from his perch and could not be put back together again.. Not saying you Will fall as Humpty did but you will definately get splinters in uncomfortable places by constantly sitting in a place that is neither here nor there...
I'm actually well grounded in reality as there's no proof for a deity but also no proof that a deity isn't possible. It's the only sane position.
Everyone is entitled to believe what they wish.. Being well grounded means that one cannot see far enough ahead or behind to make a proper judgement one way or another and it should be pointed out that what is reality today can easily change given a change in ones circumstances... Considering that change is always a constant then reality also is unstable and in constant flux....Once long ago I was challenged regarding there not being a diety and that in the least the diety would not care to interfere in anything mankind does...I was given an answer almost immediately that completely answered his and everyone else's questions regarding that premise which I will not go into here as there is much personal info in it... Regardless I wish you well in your journey and I hope you will get your answer one way or another like I did those many years ago...
If you have real proof, share it, like my sig says, I'm open to changing my mind given real proof either way.
We shall see Mudda.. As I told you certain things are personal and cannot be published on this forum... However if You are interested you could start by studying the concept of Swearing an oath and how it is binding not only on the one swearing it but on any others who may follow.. Thus Oaths are not to be taken lightly .. Read up online on the Jewish concept and then I will tell you more if you are interested...

That's why I'm an agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against a god existing and if anyone comes up with proof either way, I'm open to changing my mind. Can't be any fairer than that.
And vegetarianism isn't a religion, not fake deities needed.
You realize that " fence sitting" can be a very uncomfortable position and that eventually Humpty Dumpty( The Roman Empire) fell off from his perch and could not be put back together again.. Not saying you Will fall as Humpty did but you will definately get splinters in uncomfortable places by constantly sitting in a place that is neither here nor there...
I'm actually well grounded in reality as there's no proof for a deity but also no proof that a deity isn't possible. It's the only sane position.
Everyone is entitled to believe what they wish.. Being well grounded means that one cannot see far enough ahead or behind to make a proper judgement one way or another and it should be pointed out that what is reality today can easily change given a change in ones circumstances... Considering that change is always a constant then reality also is unstable and in constant flux....Once long ago I was challenged regarding there not being a diety and that in the least the diety would not care to interfere in anything mankind does...I was given an answer almost immediately that completely answered his and everyone else's questions regarding that premise which I will not go into here as there is much personal info in it... Regardless I wish you well in your journey and I hope you will get your answer one way or another like I did those many years ago...
If you have real proof, share it, like my sig says, I'm open to changing my mind given real proof either way.
We shall see Mudda.. As I told you certain things are personal and cannot be published on this forum... However if You are interested you could start by studying the concept of Swearing an oath and how it is binding not only on the one swearing it but on any others who may follow.. Thus Oaths are not to be taken lightly .. Read up online on the Jewish concept and then I will tell you more if you are interested...
Ok, so you have nothing so you deflect. Got it. You could at least give us the general idea of what happened. Last chance.

I am not deflecting Mudda don't be insincere and don't threaten if I wish to show you something it is my prerogative the least you could do is try to follow what I asked you... Do you remember the election between Al Gore and George W Bush where the election was in limbo for months .... Do you remember the electoral count for each individual before it was settled...

I am not deflecting Mudda don't be insincere and don't threaten if I wish to show you something it is my prerogative the least you could do is try to follow what I asked you... Do you remember the election between Al Gore and George W Bush where the election was in limbo for months .... Do you remember the electoral count for each individual before it was settled...
I deal in proof when it comes to anything religious. If you can't prove it, it's just wishful thinking. If you can't even describe what happened to you without giving up every little detail, it's called bullshitting. Now you know.

You are not willing to look or listen that is called a closed mind and you have already made that decision why should I consider giving you the information if even though you say you are willing to change your mind obviously you are not....That is not bullshitting that is just not wasting my time or effort which is good time management on my part...

You are not willing to look or listen that is called a closed mind and you have already made that decision why should I consider giving you the information if even though you say you are willing to change your mind obviously you are not....That is not bullshitting that is just not wasting my time or effort which is good time management on my part...
You have nothing, just :anj_stfu:

Says the hamster on the wheel going around in circles, getting nowhere and whizing on himself in the process of trying to whiz on others. Bravo!
chosenpoorly.jpg

Says the hamster on the wheel going around in circles, getting nowhere and whizing on himself in the process of trying to whiz on others. Bravo!
View attachment 129978
Either you can't read properly or you can't tell when a person has nothing in their argument. Which is it?

I read you perfect, it's you who can't read himself.
You don't believe evolution exists, which means you don't believe in progress/processions which means you are happy on that wheel spinning round and round going nowhere. In fact I bet your favorite sport is Nascar because of it. Am I correct?

I read you perfect, it's you who can't read himself.
You don't believe evolution exists, which means you don't believe in progress/processions which means you are happy on that wheel spinning round and round going nowhere. In fact I bet your favorite sport is Nascar because of it. Am I correct?
All I can say is Wow.. I only asked him to do a few simple things and He wouldn't or couldn't follow those instructions why would I share something personal and inspiring with someone who is either too lazy or too insolent to at least meet someone half way..... It is like taking the time to bake a beutifull chocolate cake and inviting the other person over to share it and instead he tells you that you should bring it over to his house and when you agree you get there and he eats up the whole thing leaving you nothing and then says the cake wasn't that tasty after all....

The forum needs a sign,
don't feed the trolls.
If he doesn't want the prize at the end of the many paths then why is he trying so hard to make sure nobody else gets there along side him?

So in Mudda goes into infamy etched in stone, as an expression we use even today.
MUDDAS ARE those Muddying the Water.

Ezekiel 34:18 Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet?

And there's his evidence.
;-)

Forum List

Back