Not all of the 4,743 lynchings in America were blacks.......

jon-stewart-colbert-bravo.gif

Well Katsteve Kudos!!!!

It is always of interest to me how such as this always ignores the North, or the Lynchings of Native Americans, (The ignored people of America).
Lynchings of Blacks: By State, 1882-1968 *
Illinois 19
Indiana 14
Kansas 19
Pennsylvania 6
Ohio 16
The list goes on...
I suppose what we can gain from this is that the Southern people are somehow more racist than the Northern people?
Then again, we would need to look at the statistics of black populations in each State for a more proper statistical conclusion.
Then I suppose we must also look at the inflammatory actions that the North created during the beginning years of the occupation of the Southern Confederate States by the U.S.wherein tyrants such as Parsons Brownlow was put in place as governor of Tennessee using Black militia (Freedmen's bureau) as a means to torment and terrorize former Confederates and their families. But then we wouldn't want to look to closely into the causes that have been utilized in keeping such division festering, would we?
Let us recall the Boston Race riots over desegregation which occurred years after desegregation in the South....
“I remember riding the buses to protect the kids going up to South Boston High School,” Jean McGuire, who was a bus safety monitor, recalled recently. “And the bricks through the window. Signs hanging out those buildings, ‘****** Go Home.’ Pictures of monkeys. The words. The spit. People just felt it was all right to attack children.”

One of those children was Regina Williams.

“I had no idea what to expect [with] this busing thing,” Williams said. “I didn’t know anything about South Boston. I didn’t know anything about, you know, they didn’t like us. I didn’t know anything that was in store for us. But when we got there, it was like a war zone.

“I came back and I told my mom, and I’ll never forget, I said, ‘Ma, I am not going back to that school unless I have a gun.’ At 14 years old. I am not going back to that school.”
And PLEASE, PLEASE, lets not forget the Native American Indian......
The American native crime victimization rate is twice that of non-Indians. National crime victimization surveys reveal that whites perpetrate 57% of the violent crimes committed against American Indians. 80% of sexual assaults against Native Americans are perpetrated by whites.

The incarceration rate of Native Americans is 38% higher than the national rate. The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights attributes this higher rate to differential treatment by the criminal justice system, lack of access to adequate counsel and racial profiling. Law enforcement agents arrest American Indians and Alaskan Natives at twice the rate of the greater U.S. population for violent and property crimes. On average, American Indians receive longer sentences than non-Indians for crimes. They also tend to serve longer time in prison for their sentences than non-Native Americans. The suicide rate is higher among American native inmates incarcerated in jails than non-Indians. Within the prison system, Native Americans are often subject to abuse when attempting to identify with native cultures through the wearing of head-bands, using native languages, maintaining long-braided hair, listening to native music, and securing culturely-related educational material.
But hey, let the North continue its race baiting in the South, by pouring more salt into old wounds, after all, it is part of the occupation and keeping the Southern people in the back seat to use an old analogy.

Forum List

Back