Not All Economists Agree

Good for you.

now realize that you only listen to one camp and consider them infaliable with no proof that what they say will work.

Good for you.

now realize that you only listen to one camp and consider them infaliable with no proof that what they say will work.

No, actually I listen to all camps. It is my belief, however, that the Austrians are correct. You, on the other hand, believe that the interventionists are correct with proof that what they say will not work.

It would be an absolute disaster for the government to cut back spending during a recession. That would make the recession far worse.

Is there a credible economist who says otherwise?

It would be an absolute disaster for the government to cut back spending during a recession. That would make the recession far worse.

Yes, everyone who posts at Mises.org.

What would you do Kevin?

Let the banks collapse? Would you nationalize the banks? Would you have GM & Chrisler fail?

And we wouldn't even have the benefit from the Economic stimulus bill to help get us through this rough time?

OMG, can you imagine the GREAT DEPRESSION that you conservatives would cause?

Imagine all the auto suppliers that would also go bankrupt. Imagine all the pensions the goverment would have to honor. Talk about doubling the debt.

And no government help to stimulate the economy?

Would you demand companies come back home from overseas or are you ok with manufacturing jobs being gone forever?

Where would all those auto suppliers find work?

democracy is a fucking waste

you people prove it

I almost agree. It is a never ending cycle. You never win or lose. If you win, the other side denies it and if they lose the other side tried to say why you are partially to blame.

I think being on this site now is a waste of time. Its just filled with right wing bitches who sound a lot like me when Bush was ruining the country.

And us liberals are helping the right wingers perfect their spin. I'm not going to argue anymore.

Now, lets just see if the Dems suck as bad as the GOP did the last 8 years. No need to come here and cry or argue. Lets just see what happens by 2010 midterms.

I don't think that's how it works.

I think as our economy (and specie) goes into the shitter, it won't matter how many nuclear bombs we have.

And as our economy goes into the shitter how long do you think we're be the premier military power, anyway?

Armies and Navies cost money....one hell of a LOT of money.

It's just a matter of the "free marketer" proving that he's a military Keynesian at heart. Lord knows Ronnie did it. :lol:

I don't think that's how it works.

I think as our economy (and specie) goes into the shitter, it won't matter how many nuclear bombs we have.

And as our economy goes into the shitter how long do you think we're be the premier military power, anyway?

Armies and Navies cost money....one hell of a LOT of money.

It's just a matter of the "free marketer" proving that he's a military Keynesian at heart. Lord knows Ronnie did it. :lol:

It is a lot easier to double the debt through Defense than it is on social programs, even though social programs are more stimulative.

And America is a much better place when we spend our money inside America and on the masses than when we spend on a few Pentagon No Bid Contracts for things like F22's that we don't even use.

That doesn't mean make us weaker. That just means don't rip the American people off by stealing tax dollars in the name of defense.

What would you do Kevin?

Let the banks collapse? Would you nationalize the banks? Would you have GM & Chrisler fail?

And we wouldn't even have the benefit from the Economic stimulus bill to help get us through this rough time?

Imagine all the auto suppliers that would also go bankrupt. Imagine all the pensions the goverment would have to honor. Talk about doubling the debt.

Would you demand companies come back home from overseas or are you ok with manufacturing jobs being gone forever?

The sky isn't falling sealy, you don't have to go all Chicken Little on us.

Oh, and I'm not a conservative.

It's simply a matter of nationalization of this failure, followed by establishment of worker-owned enterprises and their superior efficiency. Will the financial class resist when their alternative is bankruptcy?

What would you do Kevin?

Well I think what Republicans are suggesting would make the sky fall.

Oh yea, and last year Republicans told me, "the sky wasn't falling", and then a month or two later Bush asked for $750 billion and almost literally said, "if you don't give it to me and the banks, the sky would fall". :lol:

Anyways, if you let the economy collapse, which is what you are proposing, yes, the sky would fall.

And we aren't going to trust Republcians or Libertarians with this. Obama has this.

And don't worry Kevin, the sky won't fall.

It's simply a matter of nationalization of this failure, followed by establishment of worker-owned enterprises and their superior efficiency. Will the financial class resist when their alternative is bankruptcy?

I don't know what you said, but it seems to me that the banks and car companies are going to ultimately go bankrupt, AFTER they get billions in bailout money.

The car companies want to break those pensions sooo bad.

And I don't think you folks understand what a strain this will put on the government, who will not only have to back those pensions, but they'll also have to pay trillions in unemployment.

Seems like the GOP would love for that to happen to, because then they would beat Obama in 2012.

No wonder the GOP wants us to fail.

What would you do Kevin?

Let AIG go down along with Merryl, Goldman, Citi, Bank of America, Wells, Morgan, and Detroit and yeah, the sky would be falling.

I agree the Govt shouldn't nationalize failure.

We need to break up mega-corporations so that none are too big to fail again.

What would you do Kevin?

Oh yea, and last year Republicans told me, "the sky wasn't falling", and then a month or two later Bush asked for $750 billion and almost literally said, "if you don't give it to me and the banks, the sky would fall". :lol:

Anyways, if you let the economy collapse, which is what you are proposing, yes, the sky would fall.

And we aren't going to trust Republcians or Libertarians with this. Obama has this.

Yes, Obama and Bush did the same things and trying to get us to believe that the sky was falling and that the government had to act. The fact is that the government needed to get out of the way or risk making things worse.

What would you do Kevin?

Let AIG go down along with Merryl, Goldman, Citi, Bank of America, Wells, Morgan, and Detroit and yeah, the sky would be falling.

Any company that couldn't stand on it's own needed to go out of business, all we've done is make things worse by propping them up.

Yes, Obama and Bush did the same things and trying to get us to believe that the sky was falling and that the government had to act. The fact is that the government needed to get out of the way or risk making things worse.

You have the luxury of being touch and suggesting that the government should have just sat by and let the banks take the economy down. Even Bush & McCain, two staunch believers of free markets would not have done what you are suggesting. That's because they live in the real world and you have the luxury of talking tough on a message board. Lots of arm chair quarterbacks on the net.

And the GOP had the luxury of saying they would have done what you are suggesting, because they didn't have the power. Trust me, they would not have. They would have done exactly what Bush did. And you do realize how different Bush was from Obama on how he handled the first $350 billion, right?

Do you know that on the original $350 billion we gave the banks, for ever $100 we gave, they gave Paulson back $66 in stock? And did you know that the stock isn't worth $66 anymore? So we probably lost half of the $350 under Bush/Paulson. Want to bet we get more than $66 for every $100 under Obama?

So yes, under Bush, the bailout was a huge fucking mistake. We should have waited until January. But Bush said the sky would fall if we didn't give the bankers their ransome, so we gave them half. They wanted it all with no strings attached.

And you know the bankers could have tanked the stock market before the election. No way the Dems were going to play that game. But the GOP had nothign to lose. They already knew they were losing. This was their October surprise. And the GOP knew the bankers were going to get their money, so guys like Boehner had the luxury of voting against it. They even told Pelosi & Reed they would sign and then they fucking lied. Do you know how politics are played?

And now you guys want to say Bush was too liberal? Or that he was wrong for giving the bankers the money? NO. The GOP were wrong to have allowed the bankers to gamble and lose our money for the last 8 years. And I suspect it was all on purpose. :eusa_shhh:

I don't think you realize how much power the bankers have. Too much.

New Topics

Forum List

Back