Not afraid to call myself a liberal

Oct 1, 2009
Richmond, VA
Hello, this is my first exploit to a political forum and I have been searching for a way to get myself into the debate. I hear that this is just the place for my arguments. I find myself to be more liberal than most and therefore, feel myself to be part of a dying minority in this country. Furthermore, I am not superstitious i.e. religious in any way which puts me more into a dying minority, compounded by the ever-growing radical religious zealots in the country. I hope that this experience will allow me to learn much more than I already know about the views of others and wish to have fun in this endeavor.

Hello, this is my first exploit to a political forum and I have been searching for a way to get myself into the debate. I hear that this is just the place for my arguments. I find myself to be more liberal than most and therefore, feel myself to be part of a dying minority in this country. Furthermore, I am not superstitious i.e. religious in any way which puts me more into a dying minority, compounded by the ever-growing radical religious zealots in the country. I hope that this experience will allow me to learn much more than I already know about the views of others and wish to have fun in this endeavor.
Welcome, liberal. How did you get to be a colonel?

Does being "more liberal than most" put you just beyond the 50th percentile or to the far right of the bell shaped curve applied to liberalism?

Does being "more liberal than most" put you just beyond the 50th percentile or to the far right of the bell shaped curve applied to liberalism?

Colonel Valerio is the fictitious name of the man that was supposedly tasked with killing Mussolini, the fascist leader of Italy during WWII.
By me assuming this fictitious name not only do I believe that this nation has been on a path towards absolute fascism, but I am willing to defend this nation ageist this internal threat. Because, I claim this I classify myself more liberal than most.

Colonel Valerio is the fictitious name of the man that was supposedly tasked with killing Mussolini, the fascist leader of Italy during WWII.
By me assuming this fictitious name not only do I believe that this nation has been on a path towards absolute fascism, but I am willing to defend this nation ageist this internal threat. Because, I claim this I classify myself more liberal than most.

The foremost internal threat to this nation is rooted in liberalism. Being more liberal than most does not preclude your being part of that threat.

Welcome. And just so you know, this is a gay-friendly message board.

The foremost internal threat to this nation is rooted in liberalism. Being more liberal than most does not preclude your being part of that threat.

It could be argued that the country is rooted in liberalism. Because, when you think about it this was a nation that wanted change from a monarchy to a republic. They wanted the power of the government not to rest in a king, not to rest in a corporation but to rest in the people. While I will admit that yes most of the founders did in fact go to churches they were more concerned about the power that religion has over people and how it could be wielded in politics and government. If you even look and many of the writings of the founders one could make an argument that they could have possibly not even believe in god. So to sit there and say that liberalism is just bad and the root of your own personal problems is outrageous. I ask you why is liberalism bad. Is it social security or Medicare? If so why have they not been repealed yet? Is it a race to the moon that resulted in much of the scientific innovation that we have today? What is so wrong with liberalism?

No need to be afraid of it. It's not like (after just a couple of substantive pots) it isn't already crystal clear.

It's nothing to be afraid of acknowledging.

True, it's nothing to brag about, but hey. It's your choice.

:cool:

It could be argued that the country is rooted in liberalism. Because, when you think about it this was a nation that wanted change from a monarchy to a republic. They wanted the power of the government not to rest in a king, not to rest in a corporation but to rest in the people. While I will admit that yes most of the founders did in fact go to churches they were more concerned about the power that religion has over people and how it could be wielded in politics and government. If you even look and many of the writings of the founders one could make an argument that they could have possibly not even believe in god. So to sit there and say that liberalism is just bad and the root of your own personal problems is outrageous. I ask you why is liberalism bad. Is it social security or Medicare? If so why have they not been repealed yet? Is it a race to the moon that resulted in much of the scientific innovation that we have today? What is so wrong with liberalism?

I didn't say the country was rooted in liberalism. I said the foremost THREAT to this country is rooted in liberalism.

There were many loyalists opposing the break from the King and his court. Besides, wanting to break away from a monarchy does not require liberalism...just a desire to be free.

The founding fathers included several deists. Though not necessarily religious men, they acknowledged God but did not want to include religion in the laws of the land.

Liberals generally want government to provide things for all people from cradle to grave, control people from cradle to grave, hire a bunch of inefficient pricks as government employees to administrate the programs used to control the people from cradle to grave, spend excess money for government supplies, property and buildings required to support the various agencies and tax the living shit out of citizens and job-producing companies to the point that all efforts expended by workers and company owners are to support and grow the government rather than truly serve the people. If purged of those characteristics, liberalism might be okay...I just don't know that it could be described as liberalism anymore.

I didn't say the country was rooted in liberalism. I said the foremost THREAT to this country is rooted in liberalism.

There were many loyalists opposing the break from the King and his court. Besides, wanting to break away from a monarchy does not require liberalism...just a desire to be free.

The founding fathers included several deists. Though not necessarily religious men, they acknowledged God but did not want to include religion in the laws of the land.

Liberals generally want government to provide things for all people from cradle to grave, control people from cradle to grave, hire a bunch of inefficient pricks as government employees to administrate the programs used to control the people from cradle to grave, spend excess money for government supplies, property and buildings required to support the various agencies and tax the living shit out of citizens and job-producing companies to the point that all efforts expended by workers and company owners are to support and grow the government rather than truly serve the people. If purged of those characteristics, liberalism might be okay...I just don't know that it could be described as liberalism anymore.

You speak as if government controlled by the people is a bad thing. But ok, I suppose we can let the republicans have their way, and let the corporations have it all.

Welcome.

I am Colonel Corn.

However, most people call my xotoxi or Xo.

I'm a liberal, in the classic sense - classically liberal. I'm no bleeding heart.

I'm fiscally conservative.

I'm for preserving our secular ideals, but I do believe.

Liberal and conservative are terms that have become so bizarre in the USA.

So whatever you are, welcome.

I am more libertarian or conservative, not sure which lol

but anyways

welcome aboard

:clap2:

Welcome.

I am Colonel Corn.

However, most people call my xotoxi or Xo.

Most people call me Annie, Grump refers to me affectionately as, bitch. :cool:

Forum List

Back