Not about religion or the miliita

I don't see much of a difference between using these douchers as an excuse to bash Christians and using Al Qaeda as an excuse to bash Muslims.

Counterpoint:

One slight difference is that Christians and Christian leaders are quick to unequivocally denounce the actions of these douchers whereas Muslims and Muslim leaders tend to keep their traps shut, giving at least the slight impression that they're in silent support of Al Qaeda.
btw, what Christian leaders have denounced this group?

My Pastor.

you're also being dishonest by ignoring that i could call myself a democrat, wouldn't make it true....duh!

But that is only because we know you, and we know that you would be lying if you said that.

If you were new here, and you introduced yourself as a democrat, we would have to take you at face value.

Just like Hutaree...they say that they are Christians, and since we'd never heard of them before and have never met them, how can anyone refute them?

The DA didn't say this.

but the bigots out there will continue their conspiracy theories

These people claim to be Christians, therefore it is not bigoted to call them Christians. If it were, you calling the 9/11 hijackers Muslims would be bigoted...duh!

once again, you're not following the bouncing ball....post 18...its not just about just calling them christians and militia, it is about taking them and bashing all christians and militia....

you're also being dishonest by ignoring that i could call myself a democrat, wouldn't make it true....duh!

If you were actively working for Democratic causes, it would make it true enough.

These guys weren't just calling themselves Christians, they were doing what they believe they should do as Christians.

Counterpoint:

One slight difference is that Christians and Christian leaders are quick to unequivocally denounce the actions of these douchers whereas Muslims and Muslim leaders tend to keep their traps shut, giving at least the slight impression that they're in silent support of Al Qaeda.

My Pastor.
Did he? I thought this story broke on Monday.

My Pastor.

The story DID break on Monday morning. That is why they were arrested then and it took a little bit longer to catch the young dude, which happened on Monday night.

Must be one of those time traveling posers........oops, I meant time traveling POSTERS.

Well... Hate to be a "bigot", but....

The group was not only a strongly religious group, but religion figured quite largely into the reason for their violence, therefore it WAS about religion.

Perhaps it wasn't a mainstream form of Christian religious practice, but the main reason behind their madness was in fact their special brand of religion.

Now, that doesn't mean that they are representative of the rest of Christianity in any way, but you can't accurately say "It wasn't about religion".

And, as for the part about militias, well, I'm afraid that's pretty wrong too.

Militias are groups that are supposedly prepared to fight the US Government, once the Government crosses a set of predetermined boundaries that the militia group has abitrarily set up.

That set of boundaries differs from group to group.

In this particular instance, the groups boundaries had to do with religion more than government overreach, but government overreach was one of them.

This family didn't attend a church apparently. While they may have justified their actions and intentions using the Bible, I don't think that makes them religious. Using religion gave them a sort of moral justification in their minds, not reality.

If I call my group the Democratic Party Militia, does that make us Democrats?

Their target was local police. Translating it into a federal level seems a reach. It sounded like they expected other groups to rise up and tackle that one. I interpret local police as teh target, to mean they were against local authority figures.

Seems the leader once shot at local game officers and felt enboldened to keep other authority figures out of his life by attacking at this time.

So...a person isn't religious unless they attend an approved church regularly? Huh?

This family didn't attend a church apparently.

So...a person isn't religious unless they attend an approved church regularly? Huh?

They didn't attend a church that was on saveliberty's approved church list.

bodecea, you added regularly, not me. I suggested they weren't part of an organized church. Had they been regular attenders, this behavior may have been noticed well before now. Your atack fails.

xotoxi, that was actually sort of funny. I must ask for a link to the saveliberty approved list, I am unaware of such a list.

Still trying to decide if these guys are the most brazen or stupid military group on record. Apparently all the guns were registered. Real militant folks defying authority with their legally held firearms. I'm going with second most stupid. Those pirates who attacked the frigate yesterday take #1.

They didn't attend a church that was on saveliberty's approved church list.

bodecea, you added regularly, not me. I suggested they weren't part of an organized church. Had they been regular attenders, this behavior may have been noticed well before now. Your atack fails.

xotoxi, that was actually sort of funny. I must ask for a link to the saveliberty approved list, I am unaware of such a list.

Still trying to decide if these guys are the most brazen or stupid military group on record. Apparently all the guns were registered. Real militant folks defying authority with their legally held firearms. I'm going with second most stupid. Those pirates who attacked the frigate yesterday take #1.

You call that an Attack? Seriously?

I don't see much of a difference between using these douchers as an excuse to bash Christians and using Al Qaeda as an excuse to bash Muslims.

Counterpoint:

The Pope denounced them. As a PR move.

My Pastor.

The story DID break on Monday morning. That is why they were arrested then and it took a little bit longer to catch the young dude, which happened on Monday night.

Must be one of those time traveling posers........oops, I meant time traveling POSTERS.

I went to mass yesterday morning for Holy Thursday.

but nice try nevertheless :thup:

Counterpoint:

Personally, I think that the Bent Dick/Rat Singer papal idiot would be better off by either (a) denouncing the behavior of his own priests, or (b) shutting the fuck up.

Just because that pagan clan of pedophiles known as Catholic priests or the Nazi that runs them denounces something, it's not always bad.

Remember.......the Catholic church denounced sex for it's priests, and look where that got them.

Counterpoint:

Your search - pope denouces christian militia group - did not match any documents

pope denouces christian militia group - Google News

I don't think he needs to anyway. Unless they are Catholics.

Forum List

Back