Not a Single Christian Church Left in Afghanistan

or like the way that protestants killed catholics just because of a difference of opininion.

Sahih Bukhari: Narrated Ibn Umar: Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah.

In the intervening decade, U.S. taxpayers have spent $440 billion to support Afghanistan's new government

If that really were the case, Afghanistan would be something like Kazakhstan or Portugal.

Just to be clear, that Quote was not from me, but the Article I posted. When you cut up Quotes like that it is not a correct impression. This is more accurate.

(CNSNews.com) -- There is not a single, public Christian church left in Afghanistan, according to the U.S. State Department.

This reflects the state of religious freedom in that country ten years after the United States first invaded it and overthrew its Islamist Taliban regime.

In the intervening decade, U.S. taxpayers have spent $440 billion to support Afghanistan's new government and more than 1,700 U.S. military personnel have died serving in that country.

The last public Christian church in Afghanistan was razed in March 2010, according to the State Department's latest International Religious Freedom Report. The report, which was released last month and covers the period of July 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010, also states that “there were no Christian schools in the country.”

“There is no longer a public Christian church; the courts have not upheld the church's claim to its 99-year lease, and the landowner destroyed the building in March [2010],” reads the State Department report on religious freedom. “[Private] chapels and churches for the international community of various faiths are located on several military bases, PRTs [Provincial Reconstruction Teams], and at the Italian embassy. Some citizens who converted to Christianity as refugees have returned.”

In recent times, freedom of religion has declined in Afghanistan, according to the State Department.

“The government’s level of respect for religious freedom in law and in practice declined during the reporting period, particularly for Christian groups and individuals,” reads the State Department report.

“Negative societal opinions and suspicion of Christian activities led to targeting of Christian groups and individuals, including Muslim converts to Christianity," said the report. "The lack of government responsiveness and protection for these groups and individuals contributed to the deterioration of religious freedom.

Not a Single Christian Church Left in Afghanistan, Says State Department | CNSnews.com

So much for Religious Tolerance. :eusa_whistle:

I support True Reform in Islam, in relation to Your Toleration of Others, in relation to Recognition of Human Rights. I support that in All Religions. There is the talk and there is the walk.

In the intervening decade, U.S. taxpayers have spent $440 billion to support Afghanistan's new government

If that really were the case, Afghanistan would be something like Kazakhstan or Portugal.

Just to be clear, that Quote was not from me, but the Article I posted. When you cut up Quotes like that it is not a correct impression. This is more accurate.

(CNSNews.com) -- There is not a single, public Christian church left in Afghanistan, according to the U.S. State Department.

This reflects the state of religious freedom in that country ten years after the United States first invaded it and overthrew its Islamist Taliban regime.

In the intervening decade, U.S. taxpayers have spent $440 billion to support Afghanistan's new government and more than 1,700 U.S. military personnel have died serving in that country.

The last public Christian church in Afghanistan was razed in March 2010, according to the State Department's latest International Religious Freedom Report. The report, which was released last month and covers the period of July 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010, also states that “there were no Christian schools in the country.”

“There is no longer a public Christian church; the courts have not upheld the church's claim to its 99-year lease, and the landowner destroyed the building in March [2010],” reads the State Department report on religious freedom. “[Private] chapels and churches for the international community of various faiths are located on several military bases, PRTs [Provincial Reconstruction Teams], and at the Italian embassy. Some citizens who converted to Christianity as refugees have returned.”

In recent times, freedom of religion has declined in Afghanistan, according to the State Department.

“The government’s level of respect for religious freedom in law and in practice declined during the reporting period, particularly for Christian groups and individuals,” reads the State Department report.

“Negative societal opinions and suspicion of Christian activities led to targeting of Christian groups and individuals, including Muslim converts to Christianity," said the report. "The lack of government responsiveness and protection for these groups and individuals contributed to the deterioration of religious freedom.

Not a Single Christian Church Left in Afghanistan, Says State Department | CNSnews.com

I support True Reform in Islam, in relation to Your Toleration of Others, in relation to Recognition of Human Rights. I support that in All Religions. There is the talk and there is the walk.

Who is gonna reform Islime? allah sez quran can't be altered.

Ahh the benefits of a democracy...

Bullshit, Afghanistan is a corrupt third world shit hole, even if we spent $440 trillion there the people would still be illiterate and living in mud huts.

as a non christian i dont find christians all that tolerant....

We are All Human Beings first, Each with a unique measure, SB. Now put on your happy face and play nice with the other little kiddies. :eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwdPCWTstBs]Hush Little Baby Lullaby - YouTube[/ame]

I wasn't aware that the purpose for the US occupation of A-stan was to establish Christian Churches.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about how many McDonald's, Taco Bells, and KFC's there are in A-stan.

I wasn't aware that the purpose for the US occupation of A-stan was to establish Christian Churches.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about how many McDonald's, Taco Bells, and KFC's there are in A-stan.

I'm sorry I missed part of your order, was that fries and a coke with that goat burger? :lol:

The OP has nothing to do with Our presence there, but the persecution of Afghani Christians.

I'm sorry I missed part of your order, was that fries and a coke with that goat burger? :lol:

The OP has nothing to do with Our presence there, but the persecution of Afghani Christians.

I see no reason a "goat burger" franchise wouldn't do well in A-stan.:confused:

Actually, from your OP:

"This reflects the state of religious freedom in that country ten years after the United States first invaded it and overthrew its Islamist Taliban regime"

I disagree. The fact there are no christians in A-stan reflects the state of human self preservation. No christian (or buddist, or toaist, or jew, or hindu, or anything-but-devout-ass-raised-5X/day camel jockey) would want to be in A-stan.

I'm not sure there were any christians in A-stan 10 years ago?

I'm not even sure many MUSLIMS want to live in fucking A-stan!

Actually, from your OP:

"This reflects the state of religious freedom in that country ten years after the United States first invaded it and overthrew its Islamist Taliban regime"

I disagree. The fact there are no christians in A-stan reflects the state of human self preservation. No christian (or buddist, or toaist, or jew, or hindu, or anything-but-devout-ass-raised-5X/day camel jockey) would want to be in A-stan.

They are there, they are just Underground. They can't practice openly.

Actually, from your OP:

My point remains: Has the US remained in A-stan to establish religious freedom? If so, why not invade Saudi Arabia?

Actually, from your OP:

My point remains: Has the US remained in A-stan to establish religious freedom? If so, why not invade Saudi Arabia?

I don't think we are there to establish Religious Freedom at all. Personally I doubt the State Department gives a Rat's ass about Religious Freedom. :eusa_whistle: .... Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a tiny bit.....:D

Last edited:

I don't think we are there to establish Religious Freedom at all. Personally I doubt the State Department gives a Rat's ass about Religious Freedom. :eusa_whistle: .... Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a tiny bit.....:D

Well, Apparently the OP's quote is written by someone with a different opinion because it implies that 10 years of US occupation would result in more open religious freedom for christians.

The State Department is infinately more concerned that the US doesn't appear to be creating a crusader state between Muslim Pakistan, and Muslim Iran.

BTW: Curiously, while there is no KFC in Kabul, there are two Tex-Mex resaurants.

Tex Mex restaurants in Kabul - Lonely Planet

Well, Apparently the OP's quote is written by someone with a different opinion because it implies that 10 years of US occupation would result in more open religious freedom for christians.

The State Department is infinately more concerned that the US doesn't appear to be creating a crusader state between Muslim Pakistan, and Muslim Iran.

BTW: Curiously, while there is no KFC in Kabul, there are two Tex-Mex resaurants.

I think if the sentiment was sincere, it would have reflected better in influence, in the Establishment of certain Constitutions, at least from a Human Rights perspective. It was ignored.

I think if the sentiment was sincere, it would have reflected better in influence, in the Establishment of certain Constitutions, at least from a Human Rights perspective. It was ignored.

:eusa_eh:

I too believe the establishment of Extra Crispy is a Human Right.

:eusa_eh:

I too believe the establishment of Extra Crispy is a Human Right.

Hey Dude, don't you know Popeye's kicks KFC ass. :D

If the people of Afghanistan don't want a church in their country.

That is their right and their business.

We should have no say in this issue. :cool:

Actually in relations to Human Rights abuse, we All have a say. If there was a vote in the USA to Ban Islam here, I would not support it on the same grounds. Consider the Implications, when you claim to advocate Reform.

New Topics

Forum List

Back