Russian Naval Warning on NAVTEX

ZCZC FA79
031230 UTC DEC 09
COASTAL WARNING ARKHANGELSK 94
SOUTHERN PART WHITE SEA
1.ROCKET LAUNCHING 2300 07 DEC TO 0600 08 DEC
09 DC 0200 TO 0900 10 DEC 0100 TO 0900
NAVIGATION PROHIBITED IN AREA

Pretty clear it was a failed SLBM launch,.

rocket-742730.jpg

Misslie Launch at Vandenberg A.F.B. look familier.

we have seen a few of those over the years....

so... once again, the Russians fail. What's new in the world?

Cold nights, blonde viking women, hard booze, strange lights.

Why have I never been to Norway?

Sorry, not to divert your post, but you signature is from Harlan Ellison, I love that guy but I have stopped following him. (The Glass Tit is one of the best descriptions of how TV works ever written).

Is he still writing? Has he stopped suing production companies? Has he mellowed a bit?

I hope not.

It would seem at least according to the Wiki entry that Ellison is as cantankerous as ever. It would seem that the only thing that will moderate his attittude is his death which considering he is approcahing his 76th year on the planet may not be too far in the future.

I've read over the years a good bit of his stuff and found some of his critical essays humorous. He is a marvalously talented writer which serves as a mitigating circumstance of sorts to the fact that as a human being he is a pain in the ass.

Oh I almost forgot the obigatory response to our retarded biker. Idiot what you know about aurora borealis effects could obviously be written in large print on a small stamp.

Last edited:
All great writers are a pain in the ass, Queen Elizabeth would have executed Shakespeare had he not such good box office.

His Julius Caesar was talking to her, giving her a timely warning.

I will take that ace and attempt to return the next serve.

You are right, there have been many boring men who have been great writers.

Boring or just kind and gentle by nature? I never found Azimov boring nor Tolkien. At one time it was Axiomatic that the best way for public figures to have a private life was to avoid scandal. Unfortunately this day and age the scandal mongers will if they can find nothing unsavory about some person mch in the public eye will invent something to grab their fifteen minutes of fame.

You make a serious point, there are people who live sedate lives yet intellectually rock the world, this is particularly the case with Asimov, who seems to have written every book ever written.

There is a life of the mind every bit as exciting as that of the penis or ego.

Dam, I am down 30 love.

Last edited:
Harlan Ellison is still writing, as well as doing other things.

Saw a documentary special on him on Sundance a couple of weeks back. Yep, he's still mean as ever, and yes, he's put out a couple of books.

By the way Garyd, when the fuck has an aurora EVER shown up in a spiral? Most of them are sheets of light that have STRAIGHT lines, not curved.

Try again douche.

Forum List

Back