Northam declares a State of emergency for Virginia as more snow expected....A whole 1-3 inches.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
The National Weather Service said the low-pressure system could bring a chance of snowfall across northern Virginia, Maryland and the Eastern Shore with lower amounts to the south and in Hampton Roads. The forecast prompted Gov. Ralph Northam to declare a state of emergency Wednesday night.

State of emergency declared for Virginia as more snow expected

1-3 inches.....Really?

Better stay off of I-95. ;)

The National Weather Service said the low-pressure system could bring a chance of snowfall across northern Virginia, Maryland and the Eastern Shore with lower amounts to the south and in Hampton Roads. The forecast prompted Gov. Ralph Northam to declare a state of emergency Wednesday night.

1-3 inches.....Really?

Since the dumbasses in VA were too stupid to follow the travel warning issued before the last storm that stranded them, maybe he's just being prudent and trying to keep all the stupid democrats from getting stranded again?

1-3 inches.....Really?

Schools are out in West TN. They saw the weather report last night and called it off 10 hours before the first flake. Go figure.

Good thing it wasn't 1-3" of snow in Texas. They would have had to call out the TNG. :04:

Nothing new.

they used to do that when I was stationed there in the 80s.
Negative, I've lived in Virginia all my life and declaring a statewide Snow Emergency, while not rare depending on the amount of snow, was usually handled on a county/city basis. You saw it more if it was a ice storm coming.

When one is declared certain laws/ordinances come into effect like snow emergency routes having to be free of parked vehicles, etc..

I guess Klanrobes did not want to be caught with his pants down nine days before he's out of office and shuffles-off to NC.

Good thing it wasn't 1-3" of snow in Texas. They would have had to call out the TNG. :04:
We got about 8 inches here last year. Couldn't call anyone cause the lectic was off and everbody was home crying. The national guard was probably polishing their weapons and dreaming of the days they were allowed to carry ammo.

We got about 8 inches here last year. Couldn't call anyone cause the lectic was off and everbody was home crying. The national guard was probably polishing their weapons and dreaming of the days they were allowed to carry ammo.
1-3 inches of snow here is nothing, certainly not a state of emergency

They could have just issued them snow shovels instead of weapons, except they'd have a hard time finding any at the Home Depot.

Ask a school bus driver how the bus handles in a couple inches of snow. It doesn`t do well at all. If a MAGA brat gets stranded on a school bus for an hour he or she might start shooting.

Since the dumbasses in VA were too stupid to follow the travel warning issued before the last storm that stranded them, maybe he's just being prudent and trying to keep all the stupid democrats from getting stranded again?
You're a fucking idiot.

Well A dem US Senator was stuck out there for 19 hours so he's not wrong.
Because the only people stuck were democrats, right? I'm assuming he was trying to make a joke, but it just isnt funny anymore. It's old. Taking a completely not political event and making it political. It's fucking tiresome.

Because the only people stuck were democrats, right? I'm assuming he was trying to make a joke, but it just isnt funny anymore. It's old. Taking a completely not political event and making it political. It's fucking tiresome.
Oh, like your dem fellow travelers that tried to blame Youngkin when he does not even take office till 1/15.....You mean that type of turning it into politics?

But yeah, your ox was just being gored a bit and you took it personal.

Oh, like your dem fellow travelers that tried to blame Youngkin when he does not even take office till 1/15.....You mean that type of turning it into politics?

But yeah, your ox was just being gored a bit and you took it personal.
LOL me taking it personally. I just pointed out he was a fucking idiot.

And you're right, both sides should stop doing it. But that's the difference between you and me. You're not a big enough person to stop doing it unless the other side stops first. Thus we'll continue to be in this perpetual cycle of shit.

LOL me taking it personally. I just pointed out he was a fucking idiot.

And you're right, both sides should stop doing it. But that's the difference between you and me. You're not a big enough person to stop doing it unless the other side stops first. Thus we'll continue to be in this perpetual cycle of shit.
Well once the name-calling starts you are fair game so you only have yourself to blame for what comes afterwards.

Forum List

Back