North Texas pulls one of the greatest fakeouts ever.

I still think he waved his arms like he was making a fair catch. This is taking advantage of rules that are for players' safety... Next time a punt returner gets blown up making a similar fair catch type motion... the coach is going to point to this video and tell the refs to go fuck themselves because his team doesn't want to risk losing a game on shit like this.

If you saw a fair catch signal, you are the only one.

If some guy ignores an actual fair catch signal, it is on the defenders.

His arms were waving... but by rule they were not over the shoulder like they were supposed to be. That being said, fair catch signals don't always go over the shoulder like they are supposed to... and as a defender going full speed they are most certainly not going to have time to pay attention and decide whether a guy's movements fit the ref's definition of one. This type of play is going to cause a lot of issues. If a guy is calling a fair catch and the ref is going to count it as one... they need to blow a whistle or something and call the play dead. This guessing game is just not going to cut it.

The defenders are supposed to go until the whistle blows. The ref never blew the whistle. The defenders should have at least grabbed him.

No guessing. Either signal for a fair catch or don't. Defenders go until the whistle blows.

It looked like he might have waved off his players but he never signaled fair catch.

Great play. Love those.

I remember Manning throwing a fake spike, the problem was the refs fell for it and whistled the play dead.

I still think he waved his arms like he was making a fair catch. This is taking advantage of rules that are for players' safety... Next time a punt returner gets blown up making a similar fair catch type motion... the coach is going to point to this video and tell the refs to go fuck themselves because his team doesn't want to risk losing a game on shit like this.
Time to get those eyes looked at.

Without question a designed play.

If a guy is calling a fair catch and the ref is going to count it as one... they need to blow a whistle or something and call the play dead. This guessing game is just not going to cut it.

But the play isn't dead. If he fails to make the catch, it's still very much alive.

Forum List

Back