North Pole temperature 20C/36F above average

Thanks for the history lesson but you still miss the point. None of that has anything to do with the claim that mammoths lived in a warm environment free of ice. One doesnt even have to look at the scientific evidence to know that isnt true. Common sense should tell you that.

No one claimed that they lived in a warm environment.
You said that.
You said it was ice free. Not true.

It has to be for flowers to grow.
No it doesnt.

Dude!
You need unfrosted ground for wildflowers to grow.
They don't grow on top of ice walls.
This mammoth was frozen instantly ,was totally encased in ice quickly ,while it was still eating. That's why it was so perfectly preserved.
Obviously you dont know what you are talking about. Flowers can grow in frost. Just depends on the plant. Mammoths didnt live in ice fields. The lived right by them.

fedffe0320f82e44c5bf9a8c56301a81.jpg

But my main point was they died out in most part because of climate change..

It always confuses me that the left can never comprehend that...I still dont get why they think they are so special born at the right time and place that the climate will never ever ever change again..but because of man the climate is changing..

Lol that never makes scense to.me.
Of course climates change by natural causes but that doesnt mean humans cannot cause it as well. Evidence of that is the heat islands caused by big cities.

Urban heat island - Wikipedia

So whats the problem?

Why should we put the earth in a world wide depression trying to do something that will happen anyways?

It always confuses me that the left can never comprehend that...I still dont get why they think they are so special born at the right time and place that the climate will never ever ever change again..but because of man the climate is changing..

Of course climates change by natural causes but that doesnt mean humans cannot cause it as well. Evidence of that is the heat islands caused by big cities.

So whats the problem?

Why should we put the earth in a world wide depression trying to do something that will happen anyways?

Because we dont want it to happen before its supposed to. Thats kind of like holding a lightening rod in your hand during an electrical storm instead of just going with the chances that lightening wont strike you without it.

Here is a study on why it's several things ,not just CO2
New Evidence That Man-Made Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Does Not Cause Global Warming

So whats the problem?

Because we dont want it to happen before its supposed to.

Deep man deep..

Who says when it was supposed to? The same guys who cant tell us what the weather will be like next Saturday..those guys?

Good grief ..again why do you want to put the earth in a world wide depression? Just so it makes you feel good?

No one claimed that they lived in a warm environment.
You said that.

No it doesnt.

Dude!
This mammoth was frozen instantly ,was totally encased in ice quickly ,while it was still eating. That's why it was so perfectly preserved.
Obviously you dont know what you are talking about. Flowers can grow in frost. Just depends on the plant. Mammoths didnt live in ice fields. The lived right by them.

Yes they can, but do see a wall of ice under it?
No thats ground.
Which is what I've been saying all along.

Here is a study on why it's several things ,not just CO2
New Evidence That Man-Made Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Does Not Cause Global Warming
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but thats a very invalid site.

No it doesnt.

Dude!

No thats ground.
You said frost not ice. Even if you did say ice I already showed you a picture of a flower growing in snow.

So whats the problem?

Deep man deep..

Who says when it was supposed to? The same guys who cant tell us what the weather will be like next Saturday..those guys?

Good grief ..again why do you want to put the earth in a world wide depression? Just so it makes you feel good?

Wheather is different from climatologists, wheather guys are meterologists.

No it doesnt.

Dude!

No thats ground.
You said frost not ice. Even if you did say ice I already showed you a picture of a flower growing in snow.

The frost is on that plant not the roots underneath.

So whats the problem?

Deep man deep..

Nature says when its supposed to.

Because I'd rather be in a depression than dead.

No it doesnt.

Dude!

No thats ground.

What makes you think the frost is not on the roots underneath? Do you know that plants grow in permafrost?

Dude!

No thats ground.

What makes you think the frost is not on the roots underneath? Do you know that plants grow in permafrost?

Yes they do grow in permafrost.
No plant can grow in solid frozen ground.

No thats ground.

Who told you that mammoths lived only on solid frozen ground? You can have ice/snow on top of the ground without the ground being frozen.

No thats ground.

Who told you that mammoths lived only on solid frozen ground? You can have ice/snow on top of the ground without the ground being frozen.

I never said they did.

I never said they did.
Obviously you did.

You claimed that the presence of wild flowers in the stomach of mammoths meant they lived in an ice free environment.

I never said they did.
Obviously you did.

You claimed that the presence of wild flowers in the stomach of mammoths meant they lived in an ice free environment.

Yes and the solid ice wall was not yet in full growth.
Not just its stomach but still chewing some when it was frozen. Then it was coved by solid ice.
Which they said, suggested evidence in instant glacier ice growth.

I never said they did.
Obviously you did.

Not just its stomach but still chewing some when it was frozen. Then it was coved by solid ice.
Mammoths lived very near glaciers. A sudden deep freeze doesnt mean they lived in an ice free environment or that Greenland was ice free 10K years ago.

I'm fine with gambling that the scientists are wrong. Human nature is such that most won't change until they have to change.

Meanwhile, I'm planning my retirement and deciding whether to buy a Ram 3500, 2500, Ford 350 or 250. Also whether gas or diesel. I'd use it for towing a fifth wheel 30'+ trailer. My wife and I would like to see the US before more people fuck it up. ;)

'Thousands' of geese die in toxic Montana pit mine - BBC News
Thousands of migrating snow geese died after landing in contaminated pit mine waters in Montana, mine officials have said.

Officials estimate that as many as 25,000 birds landed in the Berkeley Pit last week, and since then have been seen dropping dead in the area.

Mine workers tried to prevent the birds from landing in the acidic wastewater, but were overwhelmed by their number.

Each year several birds are found floating dead there, but never so many.

_92871610_berkeley_pit2.jpg

I never said they did.
Obviously you did.

Mammoths lived very near glaciers. A sudden deep freeze doesnt mean they lived in an ice free environment or that Greenland was ice free 10K years ago.

I did not say it was greenland.
Greenlands was eariler. 124,000 to 119,000.
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/12/greenland-was-once-ice-free

Forum List

Back