North Korean military is being stirred up

xomputer

Rookie
Dec 9, 2008
After the removal of North Korean general chiefs of staff, Ri Yong-ho, there has been unusual movements in the North Korean military.
Rookie Kim Jong-un, who has barely been leader for a year, has relieved Ri of all duties.
General Ri was a loyal servant of Kim Jong-Il, and was the top ranking military official. As Young Kim Jong-Un has removed Ri as an excuse to strengthen the regime, the North Korean military is being stirred up.
The North Korean military was already unhappy that a rookie like Kim Jong-Un is above their rank, and will be more furious with the decision to remove Ri.
I wonder how the things will turn out for North Korea between Kim Jong-Un and the North Korean military officials.

After the removal of North Korean general chiefs of staff, Ri Yong-ho, there has been unusual movements in the North Korean military.
Rookie Kim Jong-un, who has barely been leader for a year, has relieved Ri of all duties.
General Ri was a loyal servant of Kim Jong-Il, and was the top ranking military official. As Young Kim Jong-Un has removed Ri as an excuse to strengthen the regime, the North Korean military is being stirred up.
The North Korean military was already unhappy that a rookie like Kim Jong-Un is above their rank, and will be more furious with the decision to remove Ri.
I wonder how the things will turn out for North Korea between Kim Jong-Un and the North Korean military officials.

I have a feeling Mr Jong-un has a nice group of slightly more junior generals backing him up. By promising them the keys to control of the army before their appointed time, he can pretty much guarantee backing by the military establishment even if he "retires" a few of the older generals, some of whom are probably left over from the Kim-Il Sung days.

Forum List

Back