North Korea would use nuclear weapons in a 'merciless offensive'

I thought the world was going to love us once Obama got elected... What the hell? All we heard for 8 years was that the world hated us because of Bush.... I'm confused...

North Korea would use nuclear weapons in a 'merciless offensive' - Asia, World - The Independent

N Korea is more enabled than ever, and we don't seem to have a clue that their development of very small nuclear weapons along with their development of long and medium range ballistic missiles gives them extreme lattitude for their threats. This is witnessed by the fact that our pres has cut funding for missile defense, even though it is only a tiny tiny fraction of the growth to other spending.

Mini-boms can be transported over the ground, in ships, and across borders to be planted in a major American city much more easily than larger than ones.

At the same time they are developing the technology to throw bombs directly into our geographical center.

And I ask: would we actually throw anything back at them if they did so?

I am confused about North Korea myself.

They do all this "explosive demonstrations" to beckon our attention like one would beckon a dog to dinner!!

I say provoke them!! Do not attack them but provoke them. They may have not any other choice but to start a war because those communists are to inept to manage a nation.

It's very tempting to engage with the North Koreans, but probably the most effective thing to do is turn our backs on them. No talks, no frameworks, no discussions. Withdraw from 6 party talks. Leave the building if a NK representative shows up.

Then, make it known if they ratchet down the war talk, we'll start talking again.

There is nothing we could say about squishing them like a bug with nuclear arms that they don't already know. Saying it would just increase tensions. They are acting like a petulant child and need to be treated as such. If they do start a war, I don't see how it could stay conventional.

It's very tempting to engage with the North Koreans, but probably the most effective thing to do is turn our backs on them. No talks, no frameworks, no discussions. Withdraw from 6 party talks. Leave the building if a NK representative shows up.

Then, make it known if they ratchet down the war talk, we'll start talking again.

There is nothing we could say about squishing them like a bug with nuclear arms that they don't already know. Saying it would just increase tensions. They are acting like a petulant child and need to be treated as such. If they do start a war, I don't see how it could stay conventional.

You know, ignoring them could "provoke" them. There is also the chance that they will come to their senses and behave like a nation instead of a bunch of crazy fools.

Either way, their nonsense will stop.

You know, ignoring them could "provoke" them. There is also the chance that they will come to their senses and behave like a nation instead of a bunch of crazy fools.

Either way, their nonsense will stop.

Yes, but the world would not blame us for the provocation. When dealing with crazies, there is only so much you can do.

I disagree, I think there is no chance they will stop their nonsense. They have been doing this since before 1950 and I see no reason to believe they will change now.

Now, what if Iran gets nukes too? We will have both NK and Iran threatening us with war..... Nice... Thing is these 2 leaders probably wouldn't care if there was a nuclear war.

Forum List

Back