North Korea War Fever

Kim seems to be trying desperately to get American attention. He can't, though -- bin Laden had the same problem. We simply are not interested in anything going on outside this country, except colorful things like the Pope washing prisoners' feet, which is a headline running now instead of Kim's threats to start a war.

There really are only two ways to get our attention. The best way is to hit our homeland; we tolerate that poorly.

The other way is to hit bases abroad, but unless there is a massive kill, that doesn't work either. That's why we have so many personnel in South Korea: the treaty always called for those to be "tripwire" troops, whose death (there are 30,000 now) would provoke a for-sure war with an indignant and angry America. I THINK that might still work.........

Does anyone think it wouldn't? It didn't work to hit the U.S.S. Cole, we blew that off. It certainly didn't work to hit the Benghazi embassy ---- we were angry, but only at other Americans, not the Libyan killers. So I'm not perfectly sure hitting our base in Korea would work to start a war, if that is what NK wants.
That´s wrong.
North Korea does not plan to hit America´s homeland or kill Americans. South Korea´s Army is strong enough to be an enemy to the North. No need for US Troops to be deployed in order to defend S. Korea! 27.000 US-Troops are not that much anyway.

I believe you to be a North Korean propagandist, Bleipriester. Enemy propagandists have been showing up since the beginning of the Internet whenever we are at war with a sufficiently sophisticated enemy. Iraq and Afghanistan didn't have them, but I have personally seen Russian, Iranian, Pakistani, and Serbian propagandists, and either a Chinese or North Korean propagandist already years ago.

I will put you on ignore now because as an American I do not want to get involved in dialogue with an enemy propagandist.

I believe you to be a North Korean propagandist, Bleipriester. Enemy propagandists have been showing up since the beginning of the Internet whenever we are at war with a sufficiently sophisticated enemy. Iraq and Afghanistan didn't have them, but I have personally seen Russian, Iranian, Pakistani, and Serbian propagandists, and either a Chinese or North Korean propagandist already years ago.

I will put you on ignore now because as an American I do not want to get involved in dialogue with an enemy propagandist.

The left in the US will always be an enemy propagandist. They always have.

He dares to criticize. He must be an enemy propagandist. :cuckoo:

Kim seems to be trying desperately to get American attention. He can't, though -- bin Laden had the same problem. We simply are not interested in anything going on outside this country, except colorful things like the Pope washing prisoners' feet, which is a headline running now instead of Kim's threats to start a war.

There really are only two ways to get our attention. The best way is to hit our homeland; we tolerate that poorly.

The other way is to hit bases abroad, but unless there is a massive kill, that doesn't work either. That's why we have so many personnel in South Korea: the treaty always called for those to be "tripwire" troops, whose death (there are 30,000 now) would provoke a for-sure war with an indignant and angry America. I THINK that might still work.........

Does anyone think it wouldn't? It didn't work to hit the U.S.S. Cole, we blew that off. It certainly didn't work to hit the Benghazi embassy ---- we were angry, but only at other Americans, not the Libyan killers. So I'm not perfectly sure hitting our base in Korea would work to start a war, if that is what NK wants.

It's the only way that Junior Kim starts a war.. IF he has the capacity to inflict major damage on the US homeland or vital assets. That would put him (posthumously) in the Hame of Fame amongst the America haters. Won't be too long before he has a 50/50 chance of hitting SOMETHING on the West Coast. Even if it arrives on a Malyasian freighter.

I think Junior needs to procreate first and do it quickly so that there is a chance that his divine whacko legacy gets celebrated in the future crater that WAS North Korea.

Junior Kim is confident that infant obama will do nothing except threaten to scowl.

Having Chuck Hagel as Secretary of Defense might be worse than Rodman. That speech Hagel gave was no doubt most encouraging to Kim Jong Un. Hesitant, dithering, filled with space using um, uh, if that's our dear leaders choice of who to run our defense, it's an invitation to attack.

With us sending the B-52 bombers over their, I think Kim Un will have to proceed very carefully. He threaten nuclear strikes, but is for the most part, unable to deliver. WE on the other hand, can deliver and them some. We can wipe the memory of them from the Earth. I hope he really doesn't test us. I would HATE for his people to suffer any more than they already have. If we need to liberate anyone, it should be them. There are countless humanitarian violations going on in that country.

obama will do nothing. No matter what Kim Jong Un does, obama will do nothing. He is more incapable of moving past bluster to action than Un is.

Having Chuck Hagel as Secretary of Defense might be worse than Rodman. That speech Hagel gave was no doubt most encouraging to Kim Jong Un. Hesitant, dithering, filled with space using um, uh, if that's our dear leaders choice of who to run our defense, it's an invitation to attack.

It was Hagel, however, who did order the B-2s from Missouri to drop the fake munitions, in daylight so they could be seen, on a mountain near North Korea.

I think this has a lot more style than the silly and presumably empty threats Kim constantly spouts. And it is a good warning that we can deliver a lot and they can't deliver much.

North Korea plan to attack US mainland revealed in photographs - Telegraph

"The images show a chart marked "US mainland strike plan" and missile trajectories that the NK News web site estimates terminate in Hawaii, Washington DC, Los Angeles and what is thought to be Austin, Texas."

EGADS! They are shooting at liberals.

Not in Austin they ain't. It's understandable that the young new guy wants to show how tough he is, yada, yada, yada. But the real problem is whether he knows where the line is that he can't cross. AND what the Obama administration would do if he crosses it. MY guess? Nothin', a lot of talk and no action.

"The images show a chart marked "US mainland strike plan" and missile trajectories that the NK News web site estimates terminate in Hawaii, Washington DC, Los Angeles and what is thought to be Austin, Texas."

Not in Austin they ain't. It's understandable that the young new guy wants to show how tough he is, yada, yada, yada. But the real problem is whether he knows where the line is that he can't cross. AND what the Obama administration would do if he crosses it. MY guess? Nothin', a lot of talk and no action.

WWI was stumbled into by misperceptions of intent and delays and misunderstandings in diplomatic communications.

I am sure Joe Biden will clear all this up.

HAHA that is funny! I think the funniest thing is that analysts all over the world have said repeatedly that NK Long-Range Missiles could not reach the continental US. The closest he could get was the west coast, but we have a hell of a missile defense system there. Not to mention NORAD who watches the skies 24 hours a day. If missiles started being shot at the US jets would be scrambled in minutes, and those missiles wouldn't even see our shores. I would be however worried about our troops closer to him, in SK and Guam, etc.. I honestly think it is coming down to war. All the NK rhetoric before has never amounted to this severity. I mean Washington actually sent over a fleet of top of the line B-52 Nuclear Capable Stealth Bombers 2 days ago. That was a show of force to NK like, "Hey, we aren't bull shittin if you attack us."

The thing that worries me is that Kim Un is young, and could be trying to carry on his family honor by attacking the US. Maybe his father told him before he died that he wanted him (Un) to complete his task and attack the US. We have no idea what was said or why he (Un) is taking this so far. Some people have said this is a response to the new round of UN sanctions that were imposed for NK last nuclear test. I don't buy that, because we constantly through sanctions on them. Something about this time is different, and all signs point to war. It is sad that it has come to this, but I think we can all agree this is long overdue. There has been constant tension since the end of the Korean War in 1953. If tension keeps building, obviously it is going to break, and that will not be good.

I would have to disagree. With all the talk of Japan and South Korea going nuclear if the US couldn't protect, Obama will have to respond to NK. If he doesn't, he runs the risk of creating 2 more nuclear states, and he does not want that (even if they are allies) even more than not having to deal with NK. So Obama will have to take action if NK strikes, or crosses a line to which they cannot return.

I have a question. Hawaii, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles are all traditional targets........

But what have the NKs got against Austin? Is that where the latest Red Dawn movie (NKs are the villains that parachute in) was set?

HAHA that is funny! I think the funniest thing is that analysts all over the world have said repeatedly that NK Long-Range Missiles could not reach the continental US. The closest he could get was the west coast, but we have a hell of a missile defense system there. Not to mention NORAD who watches the skies 24 hours a day. If missiles started being shot at the US jets would be scrambled in minutes, and those missiles wouldn't even see our shores. I would be however worried about our troops closer to him, in SK and Guam, etc.. I honestly think it is coming down to war.

I too think this is much more serious than most people think. Most people are ignoring it, of course. It reminds me of the sudden reunification of Germany, when the Wall came down.

Looking at the past, the likeliest thing for NK to try on short of all-out war is a provocation involving a small number of American deaths --- that's what they do quite often to the South Koreans, as when they shelled that island last year. They haven't done that to us since1979 when they had that axe murder attack; two of our officers died. The deaths of South Koreans in their provocations are usually several dozen. They may try on one of those to push the heat higher to get us under their thumb better. Sink a small ship, knock a plane out of the sky, that's what they usually do to South Korea. I wonder what our response would be in that case?

In the past we have reacted badly to ships being sunk, or even the APPEARENCE of ships being sunk by enemies, namely with instant war, except for the U.S.S. Cole, and I think we would have then but we just couldn't find the enemy, since bin Laden was a non-state actor. Japan really did believe that we would react to the sinking of much of our Pacific Fleet in Hawaii by backing off.....that's what South Korea does, back off, but we haven't, generally: we go to war. That seems to be the Asian way! To knock out ships as a serious threat and expect the other side to back off. Could NK possibly make the same mistake Japan did? I'd say no, not since WWII, but it doesn't do to assume people can't possibly be that stupid. Of course they can, and often are.

But here's another point, WeThePeople: why are we all believing the nonsense told to us by government people saying North Korea can't do this, can't do that? One newspaper pointed out that our military is right now hurrying missile defense systems into California....and would they do that if they were so sure NK can't shoot that far?

Hmmmm. At this point in a deteriorating geopolitical situation, the one thing we can be sure of is that no one in power will tell us the truth. At any rate, we know for sure Kim can hit Guam, South Korea, and Okinawa. And presumably if NK wants war, he'll go for the sure targets nearby. But I don't believe NK can't possibly hit the USA just because some Washington mouthpiece says so. I don't believe they don't have nukes yet, either.

Whether Obama would be a good warleader in a new Korean war!! That I don't have a good feeling about. He bows to people, he wants to be friends with everyone, he strikes me as weak. I'm glad he's (too slowly) pulling out of useless, stupid, losing wars that the fool Bush got us into forever ago and couldn't get us out, but I can't see Obama as a new MacArthur or even a Truman.

Something about this time is different, and all signs point to war. It is sad that it has come to this, but I think we can all agree this is long overdue. There has been constant tension since the end of the Korean War in 1953. If tension keeps building, obviously it is going to break, and that will not be good.

Won't it be good? I'm not at all sure. Things could not go on like this FOREVER, what does? Especially a situation so fraught with illogic and tension. Germany unified after some 50 years, and now it's been some 50 years and the Korean penninsula needs to unify. I think Kim wants it to unify under him, but let's don't have it happen that way.

HAHA that is funny! I think the funniest thing is that analysts all over the world have said repeatedly that NK Long-Range Missiles could not reach the continental US. The closest he could get was the west coast, but we have a hell of a missile defense system there. Not to mention NORAD who watches the skies 24 hours a day. If missiles started being shot at the US jets would be scrambled in minutes, and those missiles wouldn't even see our shores. I would be however worried about our troops closer to him, in SK and Guam, etc.. I honestly think it is coming down to war. All the NK rhetoric before has never amounted to this severity. I mean Washington actually sent over a fleet of top of the line B-52 Nuclear Capable Stealth Bombers 2 days ago. That was a show of force to NK like, "Hey, we aren't bull shittin if you attack us."

The thing that worries me is that Kim Un is young, and could be trying to carry on his family honor by attacking the US. Maybe his father told him before he died that he wanted him (Un) to complete his task and attack the US. We have no idea what was said or why he (Un) is taking this so far. Some people have said this is a response to the new round of UN sanctions that were imposed for NK last nuclear test. I don't buy that, because we constantly through sanctions on them. Something about this time is different, and all signs point to war. It is sad that it has come to this, but I think we can all agree this is long overdue. There has been constant tension since the end of the Korean War in 1953. If tension keeps building, obviously it is going to break, and that will not be good.

I hate to poop on your day -- but scrambling jets don't stop a single missile. On the West Coast or otherwise. In fact, our entire missile defense system is doubtful. Since of course the lefties nixxed any munitions in space.. Which made Star Wars and and the Ballastic Missile Defense system almost toothless. How many NK nuke missiles come thru? See below and thank the Democrats.

Almost all of them..

New Topics

Forum List

Back