North Korea threatens to kick our asses

Don't kid yourself. China cares about China. When it comes down to it,they don't give a chit about North Korea. Their border with North Korea is completely sealed. If they love the North Koreans so much why do they do their best to keep them out of China? That whole idea that Communists will come to bat for fellow Communists is pretty much an obsolete notion. China is looking more & more like a Free Market Capitalist country and less & less like a Communist Country these days. The North Koreans are a thorn in their side at this point. They don't need a conflict with us. The North Koreans will provoke and we'll see how this Administration responds. I don't know how this Administration will respond because i just don't see a coherent foreign policy at this point. I guess we'll see.

The real reason North Korea is threatening right now is because they are strapped for cash….again.
N Korea seeks $75 trillion in compensation - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
The official North Korean news agency, KCNA, says the cost of the damage done by the US since the peninsula was divided in 1945 is estimated at $US64.96 trillion.

The compensation call comes on the eve of the 60th anniversary of the start of the 1950-1953 Korean War.

KCNA said the figure includes $US26.1 trillion arising from US "atrocities" which left more than 5 million North Koreans dead, wounded, kidnapped or missing.

The agency also claims 60 years of US sanctions have caused a loss of $US13.7 trillion by 2005, while property losses were estimated at $US16.7 trillion.

The agency said North Koreans have "the justifiable right" to receive the compensation for their blood.

It said the committee's calculation did not include the damage North Korea had suffered from sanctions after its first nuclear test in 2006.

Amazingly, they are going to go after us because of “atrocities” committed by the US. The so-call US “atrocities” were caused from North Koreas “atrocities” against South Korea. Seems like clouded logic from them, however, I think they know exactly what they are doing.

I visited a South Korea military testing facility last year for a project, very high security, near the border north/south border. To me, it was eye-opening to see how much effort has been put forth and still is just to keep North Korea out of South Korea. While there, one of the South Koreans showed me a “city” across the river into the north. Then, he explained that the “city” was actually fake and was part of a propaganda radio program that was broadcast to convince South Koreans to come to North Korea’s nice new “city”.

The depth of North Korea’s deception throughout history is astounding. They will not listen to the Obama administration, just as they did not listen to other administrations. All they want is to maintain their power and control over the people, and they always need money to do that. Whether through selling weapons, or threatening to use their weapons, these are some of the main ways they get their money to maintain their power.

We have nothing to fight N. Korea with. All of our forces are tied up in Bush's invasions in Iraq and Afghanistan. NK knows this.

We have around 30,000 troops there already. That is what N.K. is talking about, they will threaten the S.K. Troops and our U.S. troops that are there right now. All of our forces are not in Iraq and Afghanistan. We have a whole bunch of troops all around the world.

OK...let's split hairs. How many COMBAT ready troops do we have in South Korea? And WTF are they doing there in the first place?

We have around 30,000 combat ready troops in South Korea and we have had troops there since the end of the Korean War. Just like we have troops in Germany and Japan since World War II.

N. Korea threatens 'physical response' to U.S. drills - USATODAY.com

North Korea inflamed tensions over the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship by threatening the United States and South Korea on Friday with a "physical response" if they carry out naval maneuvers this weekend. The U.S. refused to back down.
The latest threat came four months after the sinking of a South Korean warship that killed 46 sailors. The North has been blamed, but vehemently denies any involvement.

In Vietnam for a Southeast Asian regional security forum, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and a North Korean official traded barbs over the sinking, the four-day military drills beginning Sunday and the imposition of new U.S. sanctions against the North.

Hey Kim Jung Il....don't mess with Hillary
Not a CHANCE!!!!!!!

What are you talking about, China owns us with a debt to the sum of around a trillion dollars.

A lot of business. China isn't going to threaten their own economic prosperity by engaging in a conflict with us. North Korea will likely provoke an incident but they will quickly find out that China will not be supportive. They'll have to go it alone and that means it wont end well for them. That's just my take anyway.

Neither China nor Russia would support N Korea. They both have tasted capitalism and are not going to kill that Golden Goose.

North Korea cannot afford food, electricity, clean water or medical care for its people. They could not afford a war on their own

But they do put on one helluva parade.

North+

Could you explain what you mean by a "fake city"?

Sorry, should have explained that better. That was the way the interpretation came across from the South Korean telling the story. Basically, I interpreted it as a city made of incomplete building systems, and does not have anybody living in it.

North Korea inflamed tensions over the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship by threatening the United States and South Korea on Friday with a "physical response" if they carry out naval maneuvers this weekend. The U.S. refused to back down.
The latest threat came four months after the sinking of a South Korean warship that killed 46 sailors. The North has been blamed, but vehemently denies any involvement.

In Vietnam for a Southeast Asian regional security forum, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and a North Korean official traded barbs over the sinking, the four-day military drills beginning Sunday and the imposition of new U.S. sanctions against the North.

We have nothing to fight N. Korea with. All of our forces are tied up in Bush's invasions in Iraq and Afghanistan. NK knows this.

Sure we do... they're called ICBM's. I wouldn't waste one American life on that demented, Elvis dressing Asian midget.

We have around 30,000 troops there already. That is what N.K. is talking about, they will threaten the S.K. Troops and our U.S. troops that are there right now. All of our forces are not in Iraq and Afghanistan. We have a whole bunch of troops all around the world.

OK...let's split hairs. How many COMBAT ready troops do we have in South Korea? And WTF are they doing there in the first place?

We have around 30,000 combat ready troops in South Korea and we have had troops there since the end of the Korean War. Just like we have troops in Germany and Japan since World War II.

OMG!!! Bring the troops home now!!!!!

That is too bizarre. North Korea is like a child having a temper tantrum. They are always drawing that line in the sand, and when no one responds, then they kick and scream for attention.

Pretty much. Also, I think they know we do not have the guts to cross that line, so we'll probably come up with some money for them as their pacifier. They will be quiet for a few more years until they run out of money again, depending on how much money is given to them.

I'll be interested to find out what happens, and would be glad to eat my words, however, I think I'm right on this one.

What are you talking about, China owns us with a debt to the sum of around a trillion dollars.

A lot of business. China isn't going to threaten their own economic prosperity by engaging in a conflict with us. North Korea will likely provoke an incident but they will quickly find out that China will not be supportive. They'll have to go it alone and that means it wont end well for them. That's just my take anyway.

Neither China nor Russia would support N Korea. They both have tasted capitalism and are not going to kill that Golden Goose.

North Korea cannot afford food, electricity, clean water or medical care for its people. They could not afford a war on their own

I agree RW.

They are just sabre rattling hoping that someone will buy their tough guy act. After all its worked for them many times in the past.

I think that little Troll would be in for one hell of a surprise if he ever had the balls to invade SK.

I remember my brother telling me that when he was in Viet Nam there were ROK troops stationed near him. It takes a lot to impress my brother, but he was really impressed with these guys. According to him they are tough as nails and he and his guys were more than happy to have them around. God help any of the enemy who fell into the hands of the ROK soldiers.

In the end it's all about extortion. The North Koreans just want more cash. Everyone knows they're broke. In the past they have received a whole lot of cash every time they rattled their sabres. The Clinton Administration and the UN actually helped them build their Nukes. A whole lot of American Tax Payer cash went into building their Nukes. Most Americans don't even know this though. The Clinton Administration and the UN set a very bad precedent and are responsible for the North Koreans continuing on with their extortion policy. So do you give em more cash or do you just wait till their provoked confrontation happens? I'm not sure what this Administration will do. They are going to have to decide pretty soon though.

How cool is that !? KJI witnessed the empire losing in Vietnam..........and everywhere else.... so WTF.
He'll take a shot at it too.
Your boys will gladly finance both sides and your flag waving dolts will gladly volunteer to be targets.
Poiiiiifeckt !
Economic crisis solved !
Hopefully China will jump in so I can have another Wallberg street B:eek:M

Are you retarded? I'm not kidding. Before I answer I need to know are if you're a Special Ed kid

Don't be ashamed, it's obvious from your posts you're not playing with a full deck, I just want to know if you're retarded

North Korea has about 1.1 million in the military. Women are part of combat teams.

The US has 30k troops in country, but most us forces are in Camp Humphry to the south of Seoul. there is a huge base at Yongsan inside Seoul, but I don't know how many are there. All the troops along the DMZ now days are ROK. There are 655,000 active ROK personnel. All ROK males do military service. There is absolutely not exception unless you are dead. they can mount 3 million reservists.

I don't believe the Norks are stupid enough to start anything. there country is starving, and that must even be affecting the army. There is also a lot of muttering going on there, as the current crisis was started by the stupidity of the crown prince.

The ROK is better armed, better trained, better motivated, better fed, has comparable force size, and does not have the problem of a dissafected rear.

The Norks might face mass desertion if they tried anything.

There's nothing funny about NoKo and the families of the sailors aboard the Cheonan would agree with me.

Forum List

Back