North Korea no longer interested in talks.................

I did not need a postage stamp to send a letter from a war zone and I had to do was write FREE where the postage stamp was supposed to go.

non sequitur much?

No parlie vous Francie. Speak English or I will speak Tagalog.

Sorry I used words that were too big for your little mind to understand...

free postage does not equal tax free...plus you said you were in a war zone, which is not the case with the troops sitting in Germany.

You have a lot of pent up anger and use me for your whipping boy. Letting anger out eases tension.

No anger at all, just not really in to being PC or babying snowflakes like you

I am anything but a Snowflake but was a Snowbird. I innocently told the Librarians proudly in Inverness, Florida Library that I am a Snowbird which pissed them off.

Last edited:
The Sanctions were never lifted...................No concessions were given...............and he stopped firing the missiles for a time.

So............OP............What is next.................What do you suggest..............

Perhaps it would make you happy if we start the War tomorrow morning............It's what you want ..........hmmmm.............TDS needs Trump to go to WAR with N. Korea so you might win the next election.

What a bunch of Losers the Dems are now.

To translate the NK message:

Our people are still starving and dying of disease bit our generals are obese so we're good for now.

Jo

It's a Progressive Mecca! Perfect Income, zero carbon footprint, only the government has the guns. Trump needs to relocate our Progressive dissidents there

Well, seems that the denuclearization of N. Korea just went off the rails. Seems that Un is no longer interested in holding any more summits as he feels that Trump is getting publicity for it, but N. Korea isn't getting anything.

Still think that Trump is going to get a deal done with N. Korea? I don't.

North Korea uninterested in 'useless' Trump meetings after president's tweet

The leader of North Korea is not interested in another meeting with Donald Trump, even though the American recently signalled they would be coming together soon.

That’s according to a statement from North Korean Foreign Ministry adviser Kim Kye Gwan, who told the state news agency that Mr Trump’s Sunday night tweet saying “See you soon!” was not expressing a mutual desire.

“I interpreted President Trump’s tweet on the 17th to signify a new DPRK-US summit”, Mr Kim told KCNA before adding: “we are no longer interested in these meetings that are useless to us.”

Mr Kim continued to suggest that Mr Trump would like to portray progress on issues in the Korean Peninsula, but that his true intentions were to delay.

“We will no longer give the US president something to boast about for nothing in return, and we must receive from the US what is corresponding to the results that president Trump is already boasting as his achievements,” he said.
i don't think anyone will get a deal done w/n korea. but i'm not going to fault someone for trying.

obama, Clinton and Bush tried too. They got suckered. Just like Trump

And nobody wants to see the negotiations fail more than you do. After all, your loyalty is to the Democratic Party.

it doesn’t take a Democrat to realize what a disaster Trump has been on foreign policy. Had Obama met with Kim you would have rightfully called it an embarrassment. Who is the partisan hack?

Well, seems that the denuclearization of N. Korea just went off the rails. Seems that Un is no longer interested in holding any more summits as he feels that Trump is getting publicity for it, but N. Korea isn't getting anything.

The leader of North Korea is not interested in another meeting with Donald Trump, even though the American recently signalled they would be coming together soon.

That’s according to a statement from North Korean Foreign Ministry adviser Kim Kye Gwan, who told the state news agency that Mr Trump’s Sunday night tweet saying “See you soon!” was not expressing a mutual desire.

“I interpreted President Trump’s tweet on the 17th to signify a new DPRK-US summit”, Mr Kim told KCNA before adding: “we are no longer interested in these meetings that are useless to us.”

Mr Kim continued to suggest that Mr Trump would like to portray progress on issues in the Korean Peninsula, but that his true intentions were to delay.

“We will no longer give the US president something to boast about for nothing in return, and we must receive from the US what is corresponding to the results that president Trump is already boasting as his achievements,” he said.
i don't think anyone will get a deal done w/n korea. but i'm not going to fault someone for trying.

obama, Clinton and Bush tried too. They got suckered. Just like Trump

And nobody wants to see the negotiations fail more than you do. After all, your loyalty is to the Democratic Party.

it doesn’t take a Democrat to realize what a disaster Trump has been on foreign policy. Had Obama met with Kim you would have rightfully called it an embarrassment. Who is the partisan hack?

You are the partisan hack.

I admire Pres.Trump for taking the initiative to try and resolve the 60+ year impasse between N. Korea and the U.S.

It was a bold step, and he should be applauded for his effort. ... :cool:

hey brain dead lemming, is that what you said about Clinton, Bush and Obama too?

Show us a pic of any of them on NK soil with Kim.

Oh my! A pic? Surely that changes everythting, right? :rolleyes:

Here is the bottom line today: All the theater and meaningless little gestures between Kim and Trump added up to exactly NOTHING.

The Sanctions were never lifted...................No concessions were given...............and he stopped firing the missiles for a time.

So............OP............What is next.................What do you suggest..............

Perhaps it would make you happy if we start the War tomorrow morning............It's what you want ..........hmmmm.............TDS needs Trump to go to WAR with N. Korea so you might win the next election.

No concessions were given? What do you call Trump cancelling our joint military exercises with S. Korea? That was one of the things that Un wanted, and Trump gave it to him, while getting nothing in return.

Well, since Un has been able to play Trump like a fiddle, how long do you think it's gonna take for our other competitors to start doing the same?

A few concessions were given...

Trump stopped more sanctions against NK

Donald Trump ends North Korea sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong Un

Trump also canceled two major training exercises between the US forces and SK forces as a concession to NK. But then again, since he never could be bothered to serve in the military he thinks that training exercises are a waste of money.
What’s a waste is keeping thousands of the Empire’s troops in SK. Bring them home and let the nations of region work things out.

They are far more important there than the ones in Europe. I would first bring all of the home.

Ask the troops if they want come home? Yes for six months and back again for six months. Troops like money and it is all tax free over there.

You're right, troops do like money, and if they are in a hostile fire zone, it is tax free. If they are operating in an active combat zone, they also get hostile fire pay.

However..........................................

I can tell you from 20 years of personal experience, as well as from what all the people I served with would say about that. While the tax free money and combat pay can be nice, getting shot at and living in shitty conditions day to day isn't.

And, there are lots of those troops that would gladly trade their combat and tax free pay if they were able to spend just a few more weeks with their families and friends. Sorry, but the extra pay doesn't really make up for all the lost time with your loved ones and friends. Most people I know would rather be home on the weekends with their families having cookouts and drinking beer than camping out in the desert and getting shot at.

Trump also canceled two major training exercises between the US forces and SK forces as a concession to NK. But then again, since he never could be bothered to serve in the military he thinks that training exercises are a waste of money.
An exercise called Team Spirit back in the day...........I know it well as we did it back then.

Not the end of the World to prevent a War.........and we are more than capable of supporting S. Korea at any time we want.

The sky isn't falling bro.

I admire Pres.Trump for taking the initiative to try and resolve the 60+ year impasse between N. Korea and the U.S.

It was a bold step, and he should be applauded for his effort. ... :cool:

hey brain dead lemming, is that what you said about Clinton, Bush and Obama too?
I would not expect a foreigner to know this but clinton, bush, and obama tried to bribe nk with gifts to behave

It’s true that Trump didn’t give them food or aid, he however did manage to help legitimize a ruthless dictator because he was so naive

Lol. North Korea is a recognized member of the U.N. and has been under the rule of one family for 70 years. Trump didn't "legitimize" anything you partisan hack.

Trump made Kim his equal on the world stage, being the first world leader to do that.
images

Equal in what way.................He tried diplomacy over military actin over their provocations..........

He's not equal in any way shape or form..........That is an opinion with which I disagree with.

Deterring a War isn't Stupid................which was what Trump was trying to do..........if it comes to having to fight him............he'll do it if given no option...........

This is just more TDS

No concessions were given? What do you call Trump cancelling our joint military exercises with S. Korea? That was one of the things that Un wanted, and Trump gave it to him, while getting nothing in return.
Responding again..............doesn't change a dang thing if an Operation Team Spirit doesn't go. on........

Nadda...........we can still do the job without that exercise.............Your Drama bores me and I did a Team Spirit back in the day.......

Again.........DRAMA........and nothing more.

What’s a waste is keeping thousands of the Empire’s troops in SK. Bring them home and let the nations of region work things out.

They are far more important there than the ones in Europe. I would first bring all of the home.

Ask the troops if they want come home? Yes for six months and back again for six months. Troops like money and it is all tax free over there.

You're right, troops do like money, and if they are in a hostile fire zone, it is tax free. If they are operating in an active combat zone, they also get hostile fire pay.

I can tell you from 20 years of personal experience, as well as from what all the people I served with would say about that. While the tax free money and combat pay can be nice, getting shot at and living in shitty conditions day to day isn't.

And, there are lots of those troops that would gladly trade their combat and tax free pay if they were able to spend just a few more weeks with their families and friends. Sorry, but the extra pay doesn't really make up for all the lost time with your loved ones and friends. Most people I know would rather be home on the weekends with their families having cookouts and drinking beer than camping out in the desert and getting shot at.
Serving was never about the pay.............Going into combat zones is part of the deal when you sign up........Of course most would rather be home..................That's not the job..........When called WE GO..............Tax Free and all was great..............but if you join the military for the money............well.......you took the wrong job.

An exercise called Team Spirit back in the day...........I know it well as we did it back then.

Not the end of the World to prevent a War.........and we are more than capable of supporting S. Korea at any time we want.

yeah, I did it as well. 6 weeks in Pohang living in the fucking frozen mud. Went advanced party and came back rear party. The booze and women were much cheaper the first 5 days and the last 5 days, made it all worth while! :beer:.

Did not say it was the end of the world, but it was a concession.

I would not expect a foreigner to know this but clinton, bush, and obama tried to bribe nk with gifts to behave

It’s true that Trump didn’t give them food or aid, he however did manage to help legitimize a ruthless dictator because he was so naive

Lol. North Korea is a recognized member of the U.N. and has been under the rule of one family for 70 years. Trump didn't "legitimize" anything you partisan hack.

Trump made Kim his equal on the world stage, being the first world leader to do that.
images

Equal in what way.................He tried diplomacy over military actin over their provocations..........

He's not equal in any way shape or form..........That is an opinion with which I disagree with.

Deterring a War isn't Stupid................which was what Trump was trying to do..........if it comes to having to fight him............he'll do it if given no option...........

This is just more TDS

Well, Trump is taller, I will give you that.

I never thought that a deal would happen. Frankly, Trump is doing it wrong.

If I were president I would get with Japan, South Korea and Australia and privately tell the Chinese that, unless North Korea gets rid of their nukes, that the aforementioned nations would create their own nuclear arsenals. I would also tell the Chinese that, in the event that North Korea used a nuke on us or one of our friends, that it would be considered an attack by China and would require a nuclear response against Beijing and other cities.

North Korea is nuclear because China is ok with it. If China didn't want them to have nukes, they wouldn't have them. It's that simple.

No, it’s not that simple.

yeah, I did it as well. 6 weeks in Pohang living in the fucking frozen mud. Went advanced party and came back rear party. The booze and women were much cheaper the first 5 days and the last 5 days.

Did not say it was the end of the world, but it was a concession.
Who cares if it was a concession..............It gave diplomacy a chance...........better than another War...........

Small price to pay to save the lives of Seoul should this become a War..............

We can still land anywhere we please with the Gator Navy and do the job.............It didn't make ANY difference at all.............

We may still have to go kill them..........time will tell.........Don't rush it.

images

This is just more TDS

Well, Trump is taller, I will give you that.
Trump wasn't in the Coast Guard where they have the 6 foot rule to get in ......

LMAO

Yet another Trump failure.

Serving was never about the pay.............Going into combat zones is part of the deal when you sign up........Of course most would rather be home..................That's not the job..........When called WE GO..............Tax Free and all was great..............but if you join the military for the money............well.......you took the wrong job.

I know that. I also know that for some of the jobs I did, my civilian equivalent would have been making around 4 times what I did. I was responding to Xband's stupid assertion that troops don't mind being deployed because they get extra pay. That isn't the case.

Forum List

Back